I am seriously running out of things to say for my opening statements in these articles… I think it’s due to the slight decline of interest in Vocaloids from the community in general, which naturally affects me as well. Internet virtual idol-worship is such a tiny niche to fill, after all. It’s also part of the Otaku culture, so fans can just jump ship to the next big anime-thing once they get bored with Vocaloids. The release of Project DIVA prolly raised Hatsune Miku’s popularity for a bit, but you can only do so much in a rhythm game, and there won’t be a sequel for a few months at least.
So now we’re left to contend with the ever-shifting balance within NND’s politics, more specifically the WVR. Potential classics are still there, no doubt about that, but nowadays we see more “one-hit-wonders” than before, songs that make it to the Top-30 once, then return back into the shadows never to be seen again.
- #30 – “I am Gundam“-ne shite ageru? The ramifications of Miku cosplaying Gundam Exia while dancing the Project DIVA version of MikuMiku ni Shite Ageru are quite staggering.
- #29 – Looks like BRS is back in the ranking… as well as World is Mine on the 21st place…
- #27 – Hmm… is it just me, or does this sound an lot like Migikata no Chou?
- #25 – New samfree song… this time not trance.
- #19 – This little fella just hit over 2 million views. Congratulations!
- #18 – Ring my BEEEEEEEEEELL~! Ring my Bell! Nope, it’s not the Sonika cover, unfortunately… It’s not even the same song, either.
- #17 – I think this one is part of the MMD Cup that’s going on somewhere in NND.
- #11 – HOLY BALLS!!! Vocanaindesu suddenly outta freakin’ nowhere! Gotta give yuukiss credit for this one, though I dunno how…
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: Wow, this is the first time I’m reviewing a Pick-Up song, because it sounds really nice (a lot like kz’s works, in fact). Definitely looking forward to this one.
- #10-#8 – A streak of Luka songs… which are very good. Ignition is a new one by Dixie Flatline, btw…
- #6 – … as well as this one. Looks like they’re riding the waves of popularity generated by JBF, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but they don’t quite live up to JBF’s epicness, which is kinda disappointing.
- #5 – Heh… Miku here looks like that Xing-girl from FMA, complete with a “Black-and-White” Cat.
- #3 – Whole…
- #2 – Lee…
- #1 – … BALLS!!! An All-Rin Hard Rock TOP-3!!! It’s so awesome, I almost shed a tear. #1 was in the rankings prior to this one, but #2 and #3 are quite new, and they all share the common theme of Rin rocking out and looking badass about it. MELTDOWN’s HARD R.K mix might have been an inspiration for these three.
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with this week’s review. Seems like last week was just a lull and now everything’s back in order (ALL mainstays went back up a few notches). Plus the fact that we have the awesome, awesome Top-3 Rin-fest makes this a worthwhile review for me at least. No, I absolutely REFUSE to comment about the lack of GUMI this week. I can’t hear you, La-la-la-la-La~lalalala-LAAAAA~!!!
(Editor’s note: You are living in self-denial, DK. 😛 But I absolutely agree with you on the Top 3 Rin songs. 😀 – DT)
Well, that just about does it for this week’s ranking review. Please tune in again next week… seriously, we need more viewers to keep this show from being canned. See you then!