Right off the bat, lemme apologize for my extreme lateness in making this article. My ISP decided to be dead and, subsequently, poofed-out our cable and Internet… and now, for some other reason, I can’t view the video for WVR 99! What the Hell is wrong with me today!? Ehem, anyway, I’m viewing it on YouTube for now… Please wait a moment… Help yourselves to the finger foods while I’m gone, and keep your feet off the sofa, gosh-dangit!!!
…Aaaaaaaand, done! Review coming up! But first, lemme just say that the notes below would be a little different from the ones I did before. For one, I
allowed made it more convenient for Joe_Mello and DTKel to add their own comments to the review, so now I have to list every rank number including those I won’t comment on. This is to prepare ourselves for the mega-spectacular-ultra-epic 100th edition of the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking!
(History: Red Notes = DK’s comments – Green Notes = DT’s comments – Blue Notes = JM’s comments)
- #30: <no comment>
- #29: Yep, I knew this song would drop badly after the first week. JBF is just too good live up to. Maybe people are just too busy hugging their own cute animal plushies
- #28: Another MMD-cup entrant? Well, no complaints here… Haku needs to go on tour with Paul Simon. She may not be able to sing, but she has more talent than Art Garfunkel ever did.
- #27: It is just me, or does this sound more like Miku and Rin instead of Len…?
- #26: Guess this won’t be around for much longer
- #25: <no comment>
- #24: BRS anime coming up!!! WOO-HOO~!!!< span style="color: #3366ff">I’d expect the score to spike back up over the next 2-3 weeks because of that.
- #23: “From the dust, to the stars, and back to the dust…” Well, it was a good Rin song nevertheless… Your bias is showing. 😛
- #22: Shun the nonbeliever! Shuuuuuuuun. Oh, uh, outfit’s cute.;
- #21: Remember last week’s pick-up? This is it.
- #20: I’ll get to this song in a bit… This Miku song will soon be closing in on the 7th million view mark on NND. If this song takes a dive next week, I’ll be very disappointed
- #19: This may get a residual boost from the BRS anime announcement, as might all the ryo and/or supercell songs
- #18: <no comment>
- #17: New otetsu song.
- #16: <no comment>
- #15: <no comment>
- #14: <no comment>
- #13: Remember kids: if I have no comments on these mainstream songs, it just means I’m waiting for them to appear in Project DIVA 2… whenever that is… @DK: Well, pretty sure you are not the only one wanting that. Since you two have put in all the comments, I guess I’ll have to postpone mine till next week.
- #12: <no comment> <– For example: I’d rather have a Rock Band track pack.
- #11: I feel compelled to put MMD baseball footage up against the music of John Fogerty’s “Centerfield”. In case you’re wondering, I’m 24 years old.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: <no comment>
- #10: I should graph this song’s progress. I think it would be cool.
- #9: Hmm… a strangely-alluring variation on Miku voice… I thought PENGUINS PROJECT would get a bigger reaction than this.
- #8: <no comment>
- #7: This one didn’t fall as bad as the other two “Rin-rock” songs.
- #6: I guess only the truly good Rin songs will remain in the ranking? Blasphemy
- #5: Now that’s one beautiful Len song, there’s a relaxing feeling listening to it.
- #4: Is it just me, or does this song have a vague semblance to Tsugai Kogarashi? Both are sung by KAITO and MEIKO, and the cover art almost looks the same! I thought it sounded nostalgic, but I don’t think this was why
- #3: Oooooooh~! A remake of KOKORO! Sounds nice and all, but its style of techno really isn’t my thing… A well-known Rin song which has just got a remake, I am absolutely loving this song at the moment. =D Maybe I just hold the original Kokoro cycle in too high a regard, but color me disappointed. Granted, the visuals are nice and it sounds professional, but it all ends up being a distraction from the actual song. If you could classify a song as “busy”, The Perfect PROGRAM would fit the billing.
- #2: Oh boy… it’s the “Ore wa Gundamu!“-version of Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru. How the heck did this get way up here!? TRANS-AM!? Honestly, I’m disappointed that all we’re getting is the Project DIVA dance. Can’t we think of something more original, all things considered?
- #1: Ooooooooooooohhh~!!! This song is gonna be infamous, I can feel it! Why, you ask? Let’s just say it’s SCHOOL DAYS turned into lyrics and sung by Miku as Sekai, Luka as Kotonoha, and KAITO as Makoto. Yeah, yeah, it sounds creepy, but believe me when I say it works like a charm. This was my initial reaction when somebody explained the song to me. A boat is nice, too :3
And that’s it! Another satisfying week for me at least. Acute being on the top spot makes it all worthwhile, and hopefully it stays there next week for the mega-spectacular-ultra-epic 100th edition of the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking! I’m keeping my fingers crossed on this one! No, I STILL REFUSE to comment on the lack of GUMI! /rips his eardrums off. Huh, what’s that? I can’t heeeeaaaaaaar yoooouuuuu~ (Editor’s note: *Holds up a signboard saying about the lack of GUMI in the rankings* There, now you see it. xD – DT)
This time, I implore all you loyal viewers to tune in next week for my mega-spectacular-ultra-epic review of the 100th Weekly Vocaloid Ranking! See you there!