Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #113 – “GUMI’s Revenge”
The previous weeks have seen GUMI slowly (but steadily) rising from the ashes of her initial glory back into mainstream popularity. Whether this could be attributed to her numerous excellent cover songs (Bad Apple!!, Seikan Hikou), or wildly-imaginative P originals (Campanella, Eraser) is up for debate.
I’m gonna keep this intro short since I’m still burned out from making Krystal’s Vocaforum award… so head on over to this week’s ranking chart.
-Editors: Crimson = DK, DarkGreen = DT, DarkBlue = JM, Violet = dez, Orange = red2
-Song Stats: Rank Up, Rank Down, Unmoved, Previously Unranked, NEW
- #30: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「ワールドイズマイン」 (Down from 28) – …Still here, huh? =/
- #29: 【MEIKO・KAITOでカバー】Lamento(日本語ver.) (NEW) – <no comment>
- #28: 【初音ミク】ユメクイ【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Sounds very young, but also realistic. Wait, it’s Oster Project, shouldn’t this have like fifty thousand views and mylists already?
- #27: 【初音ミクオリジナル曲】＊ハロー、プラネット。【ドットPV付き】 (Up from 31) – A happy surprise!
- #26: 【初音ミク】1925【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 40) – …It’s back. Yay. Well at least wowaka’s off the ranking for now…
- #25: 【巡音ルカ】 7/8 【オリジナル】 (Down from 6) – A nice Luka song with beautiful pianowork there. It’s a pity this song has dropped quite a bit.
- #24: 【鏡音リン・レン】 プリティパンティ☆悪マリン 【オリジナル】 (Previously Unranked) – Seems like the release of the new song (ranked #3) has got people to start rewatching this again. Poor Len. xD Not as good as Pretty Fundoshi IMO, but it’s okay.
- #23: 「卑怯戦隊うろたんだー」をKAITO,MEIKO,初音ミクにry【オリジナル】修正版 (Up from 37) – Gattai Da!
- #22: 【オリジナル曲PV】結ンデ開イテ羅刹ト骸【初音ミク】 (Down from 19) – <no comment>
- #21: 【初音ミク】キンクマブルース【オリジナル】 (NEW) – …Uh.
- #20: 【巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル】 (Down from 17) – <no comment>
- #19: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Down from 16) – <no comment>
- #18: 【初音ミク】Sleepless Night【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Nice tune, but also sad as well.
- #17: 【初音ミク】 ナーバス 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – <no comment>
- #16: 【めぐっぽいどオリジナル曲】カムパネルラ【PV】 (Down from 9) – <no comment>
- #15: 巡音ルカ「Gravity=Reality」【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 2) – Smack dab in the middle. I really thought this would be higher… though I’ve been listening to Prism Heart mostly, myself.
- #14: 【KAITO・MEIKOでカバー】siGrE（修正mp3＆PV付） (Down from 8) – This may be a cover, but it’s although I can feel the emotions in this as in the original one by the Kagamines.
- #13: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Up from 18) – <no comment>
- #12: 巡音ルカオリジナル曲・Queen Nereid (Up from 42) – Very fantasy-like and entrancing music, it’s a pleasure listening to it. Another good piece of work from SeikoP.
- #11: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Up from 12) – Lose 4000, gain one spot.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【初音ミクオリジナル曲】Scene zero【PV付】 (#62 – NEW) – It may be just me but for some reason I am hoping this song will indeed pick up in the rankings next week.
- #10: 【巡音ルカ】 envy. 【オリジナル】 (Up from 24) – A slow, but very beautiful song, simply liked it a lot. As expected of 古川P. I love it.
- #9: 【初音ミク】藍と真【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Something about Miku’s voice here sounds… kind of rough? Does anyone else hear it, or am I crazy? Like the song though.
- #8: 【神威がくぽ KAITO 鏡音レン】「Fate：Rebirth」オリジナル曲【PV付】 (Down from 1) – A little lower than I expected. Same here. 🙁
- #7: 【巡音ルカ】 Psychopath 【オリジナル】 (Previously Unranked) – <no comment>
- #6: 【ミクオリジナル曲】リミットフレンズ【こまん】 (NEW) – There’s something really captivating about this song…
- #5: 【初音ミク】シザーハンズ【オリジナル曲やで】 (NEW) – This was a very pleasant surprise; it’s not just another Miku song. I really like it.
- #4: 【ミク・ルカ】カタストロフィ【オリジナル】 (Up from 149) – <no comment>
- #3: 【リンレン・ルカ・KAITO】 プリティふんどし☆悪マレン 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Anyone that didn’t expect this double-sequel should be smacked with wagging demon tongues. This, is EPIC. I pretty much enjoyed this a lot even though Len’s image may be disturbing at times initially. EPIC is indeed the right word. I didn’t care too much for the predecessor, but I love this version so much it’s almost– dare I say it?– scary. */shot*
- #2: GUMIで「君の知らない物語」【supercell】 (NEW) – Supercell, Ciel, and GUMI explosion! And that equates to another instant like? <3 This was so close to being number one. Oh well… almost there…
- #1: 【オリジナル曲PV】clock lock works【初音ミク】 (NEW) – Let’s call this CLW until it gets knocked off the countdown. Beautiful animation, a very fluid song in general. Like the upbeat music, though the lyrics are somewhat saddening. I tried to be mad at this song for taking the number one spot away from GUMI, but once I watched the video I just couldn’t. It’s so… pretty. T_T
- ED Song: 【鏡音リン】 dragged 【オリジナル】 – <no comment>
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
(I apologize for the delay. This took next to no time to translate, but I was busy all day with college work.) 🙁
“Anata no Utahime” famed azuma-san’s complete CD, “EXIT TUNES PRESENTS THE COMPLETE BEST OF azuma feat. Hatsune Miku,” will be released on December 2nd.
Also this week, Miki-san, Yuki-chan and Kiyoteru-sensei are released! So in next week’s Vocaloid ranking, I wonder if these three will take over…?
I’m super-excited for next week! (Me too!)
Former hits took major blows, and everything we hoped to see had sunk. I was sad to see that two of the GUMI songs had dropped off the countdown this week, and especially sad to find that raid of glass didn’t make it up at all.
Last week, I predicted that 112’s top 3 would drop to mid-countdown, with Fate:Rebirth staying a bit higher. I was surprised to see how low that one dropped. I guess it’s been a bit too long since Imitation Black to have as much of a stage presence. If you’re wondering where InfiniteHOLiC went, it crashed to 35. Talk about a painful slap to the face. 111’s top three also shifted off the countdown, R-18 holding on to 40th, while Boukyaku Alice slipped to 76. Chain Girl also followed, going down to 36.
One thing I noticed between 112 and 113 was that JBF had the exact same number of Mylists, 1609. Only the viewership and the comments reduced it by 4000 points. Considering how stable the fanbase is for this song, if they continue to keep that many Mylists in place, it’s likely this won’t ever get knocked off the countdown save for a massive flood of new and epic songs.
For next week, I expect to retire three: Boukyaku Alice, Desire, and either InfiniteHOLiC or R-18. None of them have the gusto to make it for another week in the top 100, while Chain Girl might have enough to stabilize in its current position. Gravity=Reality will shift off the countdown almost assuredly, but Fate:Rebirth might be able to hold on. With the release of the AH-crew Vocaloids mid-week, 114 is going to be basically impossible to predict, so I’m not even going to try for this week’s top 3. Hang on, because it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.
7 thoughts on “Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #113 – “GUMI’s Revenge””
"raid of glass" didn't stand a chance, unfortunately – after taking 51st in ranking 112, it was kind of hard to see it gain enough points to break the top 30 in this week's ranking. Well, the recent rise in GUMI's popularity has seen a few more of her songs re-emerge in the low rankings in the past couple weeks – perhaps she will see a number 1 ranking soon. Probably not within the next week, though I can't say I can predict what will happen. The three new AH Vocaloids won't have much time to make an impact in next week's rankings, but they'll certainly have an amount of influence.
A few notes gleaned from the NND user comments while watching:
– "1925" may have jumped to 40 based on increased uttate-mita / covers, including two from Ren and GUMI.
– "Urotander" is celebrating its two-year anniversary! The view count didn't rise too much, but just look at the massive comment count…
– It was noted that this is the second time that producer Hachi has locked GUMI out of the top spot for the weekly ranking; the first was back in ranking 94. It's probably for the best – it's probably not right to have GUMI's first #1 ranking be a cover, wouldn't it be better if it was an original?
Good point on 1925. I forgot the Len and GUMI covers came out because I don't care for the song. =/
I thought the same on GUMI's first #1 being a cover, but it was such a perfect fit in the first place. Back when I first heard the song when Bakemonogatari first came out, and I listened to a Miku cover of it, I realized that GUMI's voice would be perfect for it. So I longed for the day when someone would make a good, quality GUMI cover of it… (Same with Seikan Hikou, actually; big surprise it ended up being the same person.)
Woot! More kimi no shiranai, and a GUMI version as well! ❤
I'm glad Hello Planet made it in the rankings. Its one of the first songs I mylisted when I joined NND.
Oh, God…Paradichlorobenzene was FOUR SLOTS AWAY. As much as I love that song, I must admit to myself it's not coming back to the Countdown. But I can hope!
And Bad Apple!! was only ONE SLOT AWAY.
And then wait…why are so many songs making a comeback?!? Black*Rock Shooter is back up again. So is Cendrillon. And what on earth is Aku no Musume doing at 74?
Aku no Musume is up there because the viewers are trying to get the song to hit one million views on NND (which indeed hit one million views on November 26th 2009 at 2320 hours Japan time), while the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking for #113 calculates the points from November 23rd 0500 hours to November 30th 0500 hours.