Last week, ひとしずくP’s Synchronicity finally saw the release of its (most anticipated?) sequel, 光と影の楽園 (Hikari to Kage no Rakuen/”The Paradise of Light and Shadow“). For those who have yet to know, Synchronicity is a Vocaloid-based web novel by CAZ and company that mixes various fanmade Vocaloid lore with traditional Japanese RPG elements (being set in the middle ages, a young group of adventurers traveling around the world, etc.). It was then abridged into PVs by 鈴ノ助 with lyrics done by ひとしずくP, and has since gained a cult following among Vocaloid fans in the NND community.
With two videos in (the announcement of the sequel also revived interest in the first PV) and yet another sequel hook for the 3rd (and possibly last) Synchronicity video, how will they fare in this week’s rankings? Find out after the break!
-Editors: Crimson = DK, DarkGreen = DT, DarkBlue = JM, Violet = dez, Orange = red2
-Song Stats: Rank Up, Rank Down, Unmoved, Previously Unranked, NEW
- #30: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「積み木の人形」 (Down from 4) – …Ha.
- #29: 【めぐっぽいどオリジナル曲】カムパネルラ【PV】 (Down from 24) – Noooo I’m sorry please stop falling. Wait, why is this down and… Well, at least the good thing is that it got the Video of the Year award.
- #28: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (Down from 21) – Wowaka with 2 of our first 3
- #27: 【MEIKO】Slapdash Orgiastic Show【オリジナル】 (NEW) – It made it!! One of those super long きたあああs was mine. Go Meiko! Calling it “Slapdash” sounds a little too on-the-nose
- #26: 【GUMI】Bad Apple!! を歌ってもらった(Full) (Down from 10) – Have been listening practically everyday since it’s out, can’t help it that Bad Apple is really an epic song and GUMI’s cover version was good as well. I like this a cappella version better :3 (Why yes, I’ll be watching this show tonight. Why do you ask?
- #25: 【初音ミク】祝ってやる【オリジナル】 (Down from 2) – Currently on repeat. Better at 1.5x speed. Don’t ask. I’ll ask.
- #24: 【鏡音リン・レン】リンレン★ロマンティックナイト (NEW) – Wait what My thoughts exactly xD Well, I certainly wouldn’t mind listening to more of this since the Kagamines’ cover version was done well.
- #23: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Down from 18) – Song of the Year nominee
- #22: 【初音ミク】某〇×△□より【オリジナル曲】 (Previously unranked) – <no comment>
- #21: 【初音ミクオリジナル曲】＊ハロー、プラネット。【ドットPV付き】 (Down from 20) – Winner of one of our “serious” Technical Award: Best VG music, Chiptune only And I love it to death.
- #20: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Up from 29) – This is a Song of the Year nominee and minato is up for Producer of the Year
- #19: 【初音ミク+miki】現実アレルギー【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I’m sorry, how do these even make it up to 100th place?
- #18: 【初音ミク】月屑【オリジナル】PV (Up from 23) – A calm and soothing song, another song to add to the loop list.
- #17: 【初音ミク】ラブプラネット【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I like the jacket, but why make the sleeves so short?
- #16: 【巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル】 (Up from 17) – Song of the Year snub It already topped two Vocaloid Ranking SPs, so I don’t mind snubbing it.
- #15: MEIKOでオリジナル曲「金の入日に手風琴」 (Up from 81) – <no comment>
- #14: 【めぐっぽいどオリジナル曲】ぼくらの１６ｂｉｔ戦争【ＰＶ付き】 (Up from 48) – Why the sudden jump? Not that I’m complaining, but… I am wondering the same as well, although this would be the 3rd sasakureUK song in the ranking. Is this because sasakureUK is our go-to Gumi producer? xD Seriously, though, it’s been experiencing a brief resurgence since the 7th. Anyone check his site for announcements?
- #13: 巡音ルカ「ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー」【オリジナル曲】 (Unmoved) – Judging from this song keeping its place and the NND comments, this might be a keeper.It’s got twice as many views as mylists, so it’s possible.
- #12: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Down from 9) – Would you believe this song was snubbed? Good thing that’s not true, then. :3 (nyoro~n)It gained 300 points, it was just a high-score week.
- #11: オリジナル曲「電彩造花 -digital artistry-」初音ミク (NEW) – Like the techno feel and animation of the song, another good piece of music from YasuoP.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【初音ミク鏡音リンレン巡音ルカ】スマイリゼーション【オリジナル】 (#37 – NEW) – I was amused and bemused by this one. Wouldn’t mind seeing it higher, but probably won’t.
- #10: 【VOCALOID】 欺瞞の雨 FULLver. 【桜ノ雨替え歌】 (NEW) – Why are they pixelated? roflcopter xD
- #9: 【鏡音レン】君を捜す空【オリジナル】 (Previously unranked) – There might have been a race to 250k, but I doubt it.
- #8: KOKORO-GAME-BOX 【初音ミク】（オリジナル） (NEW) – It’s songs like this where I don’t mind Miku’s voice. Is it strange that I mind it?
- #7: ぽっぴっぽー ～本店一周年だよ、●●祭りだよ！！版～/巡音ルカ (NEW) – Is this Revive the Classics week? x3 Happy 1st anniversary to Po Pi Po! And more love for TakoLuka as well. <3
- #6: miki「ミキミキ★ロマンティックナイト」【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 3) – <no comment>
- #5: 【オリジナル曲PV】clock lock works【初音ミク】 (Down from 1) – So much for V3. Oh well… 5’s not bad… If you were tracking clw, you could tell the song hit its limit. On the plus side, congrats to Hachi for winning Best New Producer and is up for Producer of the Year.It’s still got some oomph behind it though. It might be a keeper.
- #4: 巡音ルカオリジナル曲 「独房ステラシアタ」 (NEW) – Alluring Luka voice + soothing music = More listening on loop
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: Did I mention that Honey is awesome? Okay, just checking.
- #3: Synchronicity～第二章 光と影の楽園～ (NEW) – The nine months of waiting was worth it, though I can’t wait for the final part after watching this. xD Kind of wish it was higher.
- #2: 【巡音ルカ】円尾坂の仕立屋【和風物語風オリジナル】 (NEW) – Everybody loves guro >_> Yandere Luka sure is scary…
- #1: Blindness 【ミク・ルカ オリジナル】 (NEW) – Please allow me to rant on this a bit. This song is just bad. The music doesn’t make any sense. I’m not saying songs have to follow patterns and not be creative, but musically this song is just all over the place. The fact that it got number one means there’s either something really wrong with me, or the Japanese just really do have different tastes. I. am. disappoint.I think the point is that it’s all over the place, like what happens when you suddenly lose your sight in one or both eyes.
- ED Song: 【初音ミク】あおいとりのうた【ピアノバラード】 – <no comment>
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
Misleading headline is misleading. I thought we were actually going to talk about D&D. D:
The creator(s) “shiningray,” 164‘s first major album, “Exit Tunes Presents the Complete Best of 164 from 203soundworks featuring Hatsune Miku”, will be released on December 16th.
Also, it looks like more and more works from the recently distributed “Append” demo will be released through the end of the year…
It’s a shame clock lock works didn’t make the 3-peat. It would’ve backdoored into Song of the Year, but it hit its peak and is starting its freefall. How can you tell? Well, I’ve done some work on it and will come up in a future article. xD
I guess I’ll have to wait for JM’s article before I publish any of my findings to avoid any overlap. Ah well.
With the first week of the AH-crew, it’s been all out war between the old and new Vocaloids, and it caused a brush off of some major players from the past couple of weeks. If you remember last week, I said that Gravity=Reality and R18 would go. They did, but Chain Girl miraculously survived in the 85th spot.
Pretty Fundoshi and GUMI’s Bakemonogatari ED tanked to 55 and 74 respectively, however the biggest surprise for me was Fate:Rebirth taking the plunge to 43, losing 28 spots. All signs pointed to another week in the top 30. Will Chain Girl retire next week? And will Celebrate (1.5x speed or no) remain in the top 100? I don’t know, but I can’t wait to find out.
As for this week’s high scorers, I think CLW will soon settle amidst the countdown. The fact that it held onto 6-digit scores for three weeks is nothing to sneeze at, and on a lower-scoring week, it would have made it into the top 3 again. Signs are pointing for Miki Miki to be like Luka Luka. It’s getting more hits than mylists, which is always a good sign of a stable pattern. Of the top three this week, Yandere Luka will probably take the biggest fall. Paradise has the fanbase behind it to keep itself up, and Blindness has an emotional push to it. So there you go. Stay tuned for next week, where I’ll eat my way through a vat of turkey chili… okay not really… but a guy can dream, can’t he?