Hello everyone! deztora reporting in on the UTAU front for what will hopefully become another regular spot on Vocaloidism: reviewing the Weekly UTAU Ranking. Here we will review the ranking every week, following which songs go up and which ones go down, and keep up with the latest UTAU news during the “This week’s UTAU topic” section.
It is also my pleasure to introduce a fellow UTAU fan who will be working with me in this endeavor: chibikarla! *cue applause*
*curtsies* Thank you! Thank you! >w<
Hey everybody! Nice to see you and nice to be on this blog! I swear, it happened really quickly, but I wanted to be a part-time UTAU blogger by starting to rank the UTAU rankings! I’ve really been a fan of them ever since I got into Vocaloid (the December of the year before last year). I think UTAU has potential to be just as good as Vocaloid, yet still be part of this big, happy community. From all the voicebanks, character designs and personalities, UTAU lured me in rapidly. I’m very happy to be a fan of Vocaloid, UTAU and other voice synthesizers out there. I’m proud to be a part of Vocaloidism and I will try my best to keep up the good work. I might not be an experienced blogger or writer, but I sure am a hardcore UTAU fan. I just love these characters. I would also like to thank deztora, for helping me start up this collaboration, since I was really lost without knowing much of Japanese, HTML codes and much more. I’d also like to thank the staff here for helping me as well, and all my online friends here that I like to talk to about Vocaloid and skip across the meadows with, fangirling all the time. X3
Well, that’s all for the moment. Thank you very much for reading.
Although slightly different, the UTAU ranking works pretty much just like the Vocaloid ranking. With that having been said, let’s begin, shall we?
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT: (Nami is very, er, what’s a nice way to say wordy… she’s just like me! 8D Anyway. Due to that, these segments, for your sanity and mine, will be slightly abridged. Hopefully nothing of value is lost.)
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for week’s UTAU ranking!
The number of UTAU voicebanks is growing rapidly. Because of that, searching for the totaling of UTAU voicebanks became more difficult. That’s why we’re considering changing the current search keywords and the like. If we decide to make the changes, we’ll announce it beforehand; thanks for bearing with us.
-Editors: Violet = dez, Teal = karla, Crimson = DK
-Song Stats: Rank Up, Rank Down, Unmoved, Previously Unranked, NEW
- OP Song: 【UTAUｵﾘｼﾞﾅﾙ曲】夏華-natsunoca-【大和内庵・白鐘ヒヨリ】– Awww. A sad ballad, sung by a guy. Hmm, haven’t heard much of males singing ballad.
- #20: 【カバー】計画都市【重音テト連続音】 (Down from 12) – Owwweee. Harsh fall. Catchy song nevertheless. I think I like this more than the original, actually.
- #19: ハモリでつられる自分のための（←）magnet。カラオケ練習用【ＵＴＡＵ】 (Up from 21) – Magnet, still to this day? Their voices are OK together.
- #18: 【UTAU】初音ミクの消失-DEAD END-【桃音モモ】【ミクカバー】(修正版) (NEW) – I like this song when Momo sings it. This is great! And I had the original Momo cover mylisted, so I LOVE this.
- #17: 【UTAU童謡】 ライぶらり旅～鐵道唱歌前篇～ 【UTAUオールスター】 (NEW) – That’s a whole lot of UTAUs singing only one song. reminds me of some of the songs I used to sing on the elementary bus 8D. Neverending.
- #16: 【駒音クウ】空への約束【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – Sounds like a heartfelt song. I like Kuu’s vibrato very much. Whoa! Meiko, where’d you come from?? But seriously, what a nice voice.
- #15: 【橙屋オリジナル】シンデレラ・メランコリック (NEW) – Snazzy song. Her voice needs more recognition, it’s very realistic to me. Short song though… Catchy.
- #14: 【UTAU】GO MY WAY!!【紫苑ヨワ】【アイマスカバー】 (NEW) – She’s been popping out in these past rankings. Must be her moe voice and look.
- #13: 【テニミュ】テトで鎬を削る者たちよ【UTAU】 (Up from 15) – JAPAN’S OBSESSION WITH PRINCE OF TENNIS. XD this deserved lower though… What the– this went UP??
- #12: 【重音テト】ＢＬＡＣＫ ／ ∃ＴＩＨＷ【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – A Teto Rock song. Love the guitar and her soft parts. GUITAR SOLOOOOOO.
- #11: 【重音テト】モノクロ【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Another Teto songs, it sure is a trend 8O. But this one is different. I like it very much. Well she’s their flagship character, like Miku to Vocaloid. It’s to be expected.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS:
- [重音テト]アネモネの涙[オリジナル] (NEW) – Lots of vibrato and high tone.
- 【UTAU】 Song of WING（紙芝居PV付） 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – A chimera song I suppose. i can see it now, Teto flying, flying… WEEE.
- 【ていら】夜空を翔ける子どもたち【オリジナル】) (NEW) – Reminds me a little of Animal crossing. Very calm.
- 【UTAU Camila Melodía】Deja Atrás la Espada【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Not bad for a second original. But it is hard at some parts to hear the spanish pronunciation. I do enjoy the meaning of the song. =w= We need more Spanish orignals. Camila original? Awesome! Finally! Now if she had a diphone voicebank, she’d officially be my favorite non-Japanese UTAUloid.
- 【UTAUオリジナル曲】言の葉の森で【歌十言葉・歌金魚・猫歌スキ】 (NEW) – Ah, a good piano original. It seemed difficult to pull of different voices at a time.
- #10: 【波音リツ連続音】炉心融解【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – I like this cover of the song. Ritsu seems to pull it off. It’s a rule: every UTAU must cover this song. No exceptions.
- #9: 【MMD+UTAU】まっすぐ【紫苑ヨワ】 (NEW) – It’s her again, dominating the rankings. How does she attracts so many views? Two words: schoolgirl fetish.
- #8: 【重音テト】 Dreaming Leaf ‐ユメミルコトノハ‐ 【カバー】 (NEW) – Bawww. Cute.
- #7: 【カステロイド音源配布】サイレントバラエティ【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – YES. AN ORIGINAL UTAU CREEPY SONG. Hasn’t been one for a looong time. Very good beat.
- #6: 【穂歌ソラ】追憶【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – SHOULD’VE PLACED A WEE BIT HIGHER. Haha, very romantic of Sora. His voice gets to me. Ikemen Sora! This song’s already on my Sansa.
- #5: 【UTAU】UTAU三人娘で「エレクトロワールド」【MMD】 (NEW) – Classic trio. Classic song. I like the remake, choreography and special effect. The video is really nice. 8D
- #4: ゆっくりが歌う『LEVEL5-Judgelight-』【とある科学の超電磁砲OP2】 (NEW) – LOLWUT. I never understood the whole Yukkuri craze…
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – THREE. IN A ROW. Holy crap, Teto Meltdown overload.
- #3: 水底 vo.初音ミク・根音ネネ (NEW) – Sounds like a ballet song. Don’t know why. I’m glad a lesser known UTAU like Nene sang with Miku. They sound really good together.
- #2: 初音ミク×雪歌ユフ／向こう（オリジナル） (NEW) – I love mia子’s songs. They feel so flowy and calming and stuff. Great use of Miku Append. Miku+Yufu=Win. Also, this placed 63 on the latest Vocaloid Ranking #121! 8D Yufu-chan! Beautiful song, but I wish she sung more in this. Although the use of Miku Append is nice…
- #1: 【重音テト】a day in the loop. 【オリジナル】 (Unmoved) – Nice use of castanets and bongos in the beginning. I love fusion of instruments. Soft rock is nice. Surprised that this didn’t drop, yet. I’m not, although I’ve been following this song since I still love it. Also, playing the “if this were allowed on the VocaRan” game: it would have been #13.
- ED Song: 【UTAU】 ヒトリタビ 【桃音モモ】–
A good song, could’ve been a little bit better. Maybe one more instrument in the background.
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s information corner. To start off with, in February we welcome the birthdays of many voicebanks. On February 5th, 2008, the first video using Defoko was uploaded to Nico Nico Douga. Defoko’s birthday is listed as March 6th, but in this corner we welcome both dates.
This year’s Defoko birthday celebration is planned to be from February 5th through March 6th. Anyone interested in participating should by all means check it out!
Also, February brings the arrivals of sixteen other UTAU on Nico Nico Douga. If any of them are UTAU you like, be sure to celebrate their birthdays~♪
Next is voicebank update news. There’s the beginning of distribution of new voicebanks, and one now has uar support.
For details, see their respective videos.
It was mentioned in a previous “this week’s UTAU topic” that a new version of the UTAU program was released; however, I noticed while checking to see exactly what “uar” meant that there was a problem with the latest version (having to do with the “.uar installation”, whatever that means?). So it was pulled, and the site’s back to only the older versions being available. If you downloaded the new version before it got pulled, be aware of this.
The UTAU ranking has a few more segments that weren’t covered in this post: there’s an “extras” ranking, featuring videos that would have made the top twenty but were barred for whatever reason. There’s also a “new UTAU” section which lists and shows clips of videos from brand new UTAUloids. While these were omitted in this post for various reasons, we might include coverage of these sections at a later time. If you want them included, please comment and say so. ^_^;