Yep, no witty subtitle for this week. Ah, the wonders of being jaded in the office does to a young post-grad. Not to worry though, as this is just a phase I’m going through right now. We’ll get back to the wackiness of random subtitling once I get all my stuff sorted out. Besides, the episode number is already quirky enough without me adding an extra “A-B-C” and insulting our dearly departed “King of Pop.”
Also, we’ve been missing red2‘s statistical analysis for a while now. While he has informed me that he’s also busy with life, this was a couple of months ago and now he’s completely MIA from the V-ism blog staff. Hopefully he gets his stuff worked out, too… so for now let’s just enjoy the rankings sans statistics and predictions.
Hey, for the record it’s only been three weeks. And I’ve been here observing, however I haven’t commented or put a final thought in for various reasons that are my own. I apologize to the community who was expecting more from me, and I hope to live up to it a bit more.
NAHO’s OPENING STATEMENT:
It’s time for this week’s VocaRan. The Sapporo Snow Festival is still going on, but… for the present, a big thanks to everyone who participated in WonFes and the Voc@loid M@ster events!
Both events had a lot of people. Somehow I had a cosplay of me… it’s kind of nice. Having said that, the songs that had attention drawn to them because of Vom@s are here, and lots of new songs came up too!
I wonder how things will turn out in the rankings for this eventful week…?
-Editors: Holocauxt, DTKel, Joe Mello, deztora, redemtion2, Tari, GreenSage
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- #30: 歌愛ユキ – スケルツォーネ (NEW) – Such an entrancing song.
- #29: 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失（LONG VERSION）」 (Unmoved) – <no comment>
- #28: 【神威がくぽ KAITO 鏡音レン】「刹月華」オリジナル曲【PV付】 (Down from 13) – natsu’s stuff never stays for long.
- #27: [鏡音リン】少女と黒い猫【オリジナル] (Unranked) – <no comment>
- #26: [初音ミク] ボーカロイドのうた [オリジナル] (Up from 35) – <no comment>
- #25: [鏡音レン】パラジクロロベンゼン【破壊系洗脳ソング] (Down from 22) – <no comment>
- #24: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Up from 28) – <no comment>
- #23: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Up from 24) – <no comment>
- #22: [ミクmikiユキ】プラチナロマンス【オリジナルPV付] (Down from 20) – Shame this one didn’t get higher than it did.
- #21: [歌愛ユキ】でぃすこ☆しょこらてっく【オリジナル曲PV付] (NEW) – <no comment>
- #20: [鏡音リン・レン】送墓唄【オリジナル] (Down from 3) – <no comment>
- #19: 巡音ルカ「ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー」【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 16) – <no comment>
- #18: [弱音ハク】白ノ娘【中世物語風オリジナル] (Up from 21) – <no comment>
- #17: [GUMI】ヒネクレタシンプル【オリジナル曲] (Unranked) – <no comment>
- #16: [KAITO】What’s COLOR?【オリジナル] (Down from 7) – I really love how this one sounds.
- #15: [巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル] (Up from 17) – <no comment>
- #14: [初音ミク 巡音ルカ】合鍵ガンマンと合鍵忍者【オリジナル] (Up from 100) – <no comment>
- #13: [初音ミク】クソゲー実況プレイ【オリジナル] (Down from 1) – <no comment>
- #12: [鏡音リン] 迷子ライフ [オリジナル曲] (NEW) – <no comment>
- #11: [VOCALOID】修羅ノ庭【オリジナル] (NEW) – <no comment>
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: [初音ミクさん】目からビーム【オリジナル曲] (NEW) – I’m sorry, who decides what is placed in the Pickup?
- #10: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Up from 11) – 5000 point loss and still a gain. Yeah weak week.
- #9: 初音ミクが歌うオリジナル曲→「二人の虹」 (Down from 2) – <no comment>
- #8: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (Up from 18) – Ya know, around the pickup I thought we were safe, but then it slaps us in the face. Sorry dez, but my bane got knocked off the list instead.
- #7: [ミク×KAITO】罪ノ月【オリジナル曲] (NEW) – <no comment>
- #6: [初音ミク】「キミとボクのはんぶんこ」【オリジナル] (Up from 55) – <no comment>
- #5: 【巡音ルカ】 Child’s Garden [オリジナル曲PV付] (Up from 8) – <no comment>
- #4: 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「Pierrot」 (NEW) – One Room’s back!
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: Ah, Luka Debut Week. I remember it well. Rip=Release still holds the first week record.
- #3: 巡音ルカオリジナル DYE (NEW) – This has to be the most fascinating thing AvTechno’s ever done. I didn’t even blink once while trying to figure this out.
- #2: [初音ミク(40㍍)] ジェンガ [オリジナル] (Up from 19) – <no comment>
- #1: 【オリジナル曲PV】WORLD’S END UMBRELLA【初音ミク】 (NEW) – Why DID Hachi do this? Is there an explanation? He’s never taken anything down before.
- ED Song: [miki】 Twilight 【オリジナル曲] – <no comment>
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
“Next One” by Re:nG feat. Hatsune Miku, Hatsune Miku DVD ~impacts~ ands ~memories~ will be released on February 10.
Oh, and Valentine’s Day is next week. This is srs bsns, so don’t forget. 😐
Hoo boy, when we need red2 the most…
Seriously, I get that the video was deleted and re-uploaded. I understand that. But why, if they’re going to count it in the ranking, are they playing the song but not allowing the video?? It doesn’t make any sense.
Aside from that, a depressingly low-scoring week. At least we saw two Yuki songs break into the countdown, both of which definitely deserve it (un chocolat, due chocolat). Now that they’ve all had songs on the countdown, maybe we’ll see more of the AHSloids in the coming weeks? As a huge fan of Kyotel and Miki (and a pretty good fan of Yuki-chan), I think that would be nice. =)
One last note. This week was, aside from being low-scoring, also very… strange. Look at the songs listed. This was the week in history when Luka had songs all over the ranking, as evidenced by the “history”. Last week we had a nice selection of Luka songs for her birthday, but not spectacular. This week, most of those songs are gone– I think the only one left is otetsu-san’s. Maybe it’s just me being naive, but it does strike me as strange. Looking at the rest of the songs in the ranking after the top thirty reinforced my thoughts that the scoring and song selection overall has been kind of erratic lately… I think the new totaling system changed things up even more than we thought. It’s something to keep an eye on, at least.
I’m in total agreement with Dez. Where did Pane Dihira go? 48th place! Rondo of Worlds pitfalled off the countdown completely. However, there has been a recent trend that I am liking and hating at the same time. There’s usually one song that climbs from last week into the ranking for the next week. I love it because it gives a second chance that didn’t exist in the first system, but it makes me go back and find their previous week calculations T_T.
So because of that, I think from now on I’ll pick a Rising Starlet of the Week! This week, I choose OneRoom’s Pierrot. OneRoom has been in the countdown many times before with his unique style and lack of PV illustrations. This one is no different, and missed out this week by 50,000 Points, chump change for a top 10 riser. I would have chosen Child’s Room, but it already got its lift from 8 to 5.
As for next week, don’t expect WEU to come back. I dunno what Hachi was thinking, but he made a gaff and a half taking down that PV. Dye has to be the most epic thing I’ve seen in a long time, and I would love to see it keep or make gains. Considering how “low scoring” it was this week, its a possibility, however we’ve got a mess of Valentine songs ready to eclipse it. Let’s see how that turns out.