Some of the more observant people in the audience might have noticed that this is a day later than usual. And you are correct! We apologize again for the delay. I thought that since the VocaRan video (and hence, post) was delayed by a full day, then we would push our schedule back too, just to be fair. (…Okay actually, there were miscellaneous communication issues, but that’s besides the point.)
It seems we here at the UtaRan have hit our lull… I blame the season. It’s the time of year where it’s just miserable, where one doesn’t feel like doing anything… Of course we wouldn’t use that as an excuse for late blog posts, but if we did, would you believe us?
Kidding aside… we have to keep our energy up! We have to stand tall! We are so cool! (Sorry, sorry…) Anyway, energetically now! Onto the ranking!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait! It’s time for this week’s UtaRan.
It’s already only a week ’til the end of February… And in March we celebrate the anniversary UTAU’s release. To think UTAU is already two years old… For the new year and for when we bring you the next UtaRan SP, thanks for sticking with us.
Like last week, we have more MMD Cup videos using UTAU. We put them in the topic section again, so watch for them there.
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 桃色ノイズ/桃音モモオリジナル曲 – Short and nice, sounds a little weird at some parts.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【UTAU】 spiritus（オリジナル）【デフォ子・重音テト】 (Up from 62) – My predictions were correct. Happy it went up, well deserved. Well coordinated. And up it went! Dreams to come true. :3
- #19: 【波音リツ】ヨーグルト【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – Sounds like a sequel to twinkle. Love those sounds in the beginning. Different voice of Ritsu, very little girlish like. So cute… I love TeatimeP’s tuning of Ritsu.
- #18: 重音テト 替え歌 「虚数ラバーズ」 (Down from 9) – If I could understand what this parody is about…
- #17: 【雪歌ユフ】 Still Alive In Love 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Needed more views. haven’t heard songs like this in a long time. I enjoyed this song! Especially with the different kinds of instruments and the placement of Yufu’s voice. Too short though :I Feels nostalgic… like old school DDR-ish. Must be the background.
- #16: 【リン・テト】 あめふらし 【-オリジナル-】 (Down from 3) – decreased by a lot. Painful. It was a low scoring week for everyone.
- #15: 「ブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ」をノリノリにしてみた (Down from 10) – Weird that this remix went down…
- #14: 【UTAU】デフォ子 天使のゆびきり【MikuMikuDance】 (NEW) – Awww. Defoko with cute kitty ears. she sounds very nice. Fits her.
- #13: 【波音リツ】 さよならを言うときを 【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – Wow, the piano is amazing on here. Nice ballad. Someone other than TeatimeP making good Ritsu originals? All right!
- #12: 【初音ミク・欲音ルコ】 salvation【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Deserved higher. Hardcore really. I don’t really like this one… maybe too hardcore for me?
- #11: 【UTAU】重音テトで「空」 (NEW) – Cute IdolM@ster cover. Why so many views though?
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #A: 【重音テト】いつか別離のカゲ【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – I like the instruments used for this. Classy.
- #B: 【和音マコ】オリジナル曲：Suite／Sweet (NEW) – Musically, it’s pretty underwhelming.I don’t know, I still like it. Maybe Mako’s voice could just have little more added to it. But I did like one point of the song.
- #C: 【波音リツ】望まぬ楽園 ～ Another side ～【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Shows emotion!
- #D: 【筑紫野スイム・根音ネネ】テヅルモヅル【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Another Nene song? Wow, she’s been used a lot. the music fits with the picture. i like ocean-y songs.
- #E: 【UTAUオリジナル曲】 純情な欲望 【デフォ子】 (NEW) – This is actually pretty cool. Indeed! I sense some salsa in there. Culturally diverse songs are a good thing.
- #7: 【MikuMikuDance】 PMDEditorを使ったモデルの合成 – Helpful tutorial it seems.
- #6: 【KAITOで】ぬこボイス～三十個セット～【着信ボイス】 – Adowable.
- #5: 【ＵＴＡＵ】ニホンオオカミ騒動【櫻歌ミコモデル配布】 – Glad it stayed!
- #4: 2010-重音テト聖誕祭のお知らせ – What.
- #3: 【UTAU】博麗霊夢の細かすぎて伝わらないモノマネ選手権【吹き替え】 – Fantastic! Reenactment of a comedy show? Anyways, made me laugh with the crowd too.
- #2: 【トークロイド】ボーカロイドたちの日常25『姉弟の愛は永久に・・・』 – I wonder what Teto’s role here. And why does something bad always happen to Len?
- #1: 【がくぽKAITOソラ】矢島美容室－ネバダカラキマシタ－【カバー】 – …So is currynice going to be a new trend? (‘Cuz actually that’d be awesome.) Rofl I’ve been wondering that too, but then there’s still Ted and Kiyoteru…so… AHEM, anyways epic video, lulz worthy.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【APヘタリア】Bad Scone!!【歌わせてみた】 (NEW) – Somebody give me the subs to this. And male UTAUs are a good use for Hetalia characters, as long as they are distinct and fit with their character (I think it does here, except some voices sound too deep….)Voices are recognizable here. Most of them…
- #9: 【根音ネネ×ラ・ズィマッキエ】電影回遊【UTAUオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Nene sounds great with the frogs. She’s like the leader. Didn’t expect the sudden turn of tune though. friendly song. Very pretty; took me by surprise.
- #8: 【少年と青】11話 ｢氷河期｣【MTG】 (NEW) – A trading card game gameplay? MTGwwwwwww Oh yeah, that’s right, I have to work on my Naya deck…
- #7: 【UTAU+MMD】デフォ子･重音テトで『星間飛行』 (NEW) – Sounds a bit out of tune.. More like in an entirely different key… but why?
- #6: 【蟹音ぱん。連続音】 m.u.【波音リツ強連続音】【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 4) – At least this awesome song didn’t drop much. The more I listen to this, the more I love it. It just sounds great. <3
- #5: 【重音テト×根音ネネ× 型破ルト】ふたり【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Sounds like a delightful trio and song.
- #4: テトさんがブリ(ﾟ ∀ﾟ)ハマチにテトを合わせてしまった (Up from 5) – It went up? Must be cuter than I realized.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – What a Teto Bananza!
- #3: 【雪歌ユフ】 slight light 【オリジナル】 (Down from 3) – Glad it didn’t drop that much, but was hoping it would stay. Stayed in the top three for it’s two week run… GJ, Yufu!
- #2: 【波音リツオリジナル】ハイパーチョコクリスピーガール【手書きＰＶ】 (NEW) – Well wadd’ya know, another chocolate song. Ritsu sounds really cute here, also looks like it ^///^ You know what this reminds me of? LOL -lots of laugh-. The video itself especially. So many sweets…
- #1: 【根音ネネ】 花になる 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Sounds like a melancholic anime ending song.:P I never knew Nene would get this many views, collaborations are a great thing. That’s the power of TOKOTOKO, I wager. Also, this song really pretty, and the more I listen to it the more I want a karaoke version of it. HINT HINT.
- ED Song: 【UTAU】オリジナル曲「水底散歩」＋α【霞歌ルブ・リーズ】 – Adorable ;w;
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Like last time, we’re going to show the MMD Cup videos that we talked about in the opening. The videos are MMD Cup videos using UTAU that would have made the top 20 ranking. Here they are in order of points.
#5: 【第4回MMD杯本選】 La Noël Sucrée【MMD+UTAU】 – Hiyoriiiii! I miss you!! I want this model so badly. Bout’ time she deserved one!
#4: 【第4回MMD杯本選】あてぶりショー – Lulz
#3: 【第4回MMD杯本選】ちょっと一息つきませんか？ – Don’t fight girls ;<
#2: 【第4回MMD杯本選】頭文字M – Epic car race.
#1: 【第4回MMD杯本選】 UTAU事件簿-All Starts are the “M”- – And there it is! Still my favorite MMD Cup video. Same here ;3
That’s all for this week’s MMD Cup videos. Since there are a lot of good videos uploaded, be sure to check them out.♪
And now it’s time for the new voicebanks section. Here are the fourteen(!) new voicebanks for this week.
This week we saw low scores all around, but that’s okay. Everyone has their lulls, not just us bloggers. 😛 But one thing I would like to point out is we had a rare, Teto-free top three this week! Not only that, but the only song that was in the real ranking that had a Vocaloid in it was the Rin/Teto song from last week. Perhaps it was a combination of these things that led to the low scores this week…? But TOKOTOKO collaborating and making a song using Nene is pretty cool, and shows that Vocaloid and UTAU don’t have to be in entirely separate worlds. I hope to see more collaborations like this one in the future, and I hope they get the attention they deserve.
Yup, I think this is the lowest week so far this year, or maybe I’m exaggerating…. Anyways I saw another UTAU boom with Nene. Crazy how she got many Pixiv pictures and songs lately, maybe because she’s a lot different than the others (in appearance) and that she’s part plant. I don’t think I’ve really seen a top 3 without Teto, but I’m glad other UTAUs got the chance to accomplish it. I do apologize for the delays. Ranking videos were delayed often and we couldn’t come up with a scheduling that’s just right yet. I realized that there are still UTAU to Vocaloid collaborations out there. I am happy to see them. And 14 new voicebanks is like A LOT. Should be hundreds of voicebanks out there, but it is difficult to find first great impressions I have to say (in general, not just this week.) I’m just sayin’. Also, something else that really bothers me are subtitles. There are BARELY any subtitles I’ve seen for UTAU. Most of them that are already acquired are usually over 20k in views, but what about the other videos… Can’t wait for the SP of UtaRan and what’s in store for us in March!