See article title. We here at the UtaRan reviews are doing our best to make sure we bring you the coverage you want, when you want it. That means no more late/missed deadlines! Aren’t you excited? I know I am. 😀
Well here we are, ready for another installment of UTAU-filled goodness. Last week we saw bombshell-newcomer Nene dominate the ranking, thanks in part to some TOKOTOKO starpower. What will happen this week? Will flagship UTAU Teto reclaim her throne, or will other UTAU still get time to shine? Read on to find out!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UTAU Ranking.
Before long it’ll be March 6th, the 2nd anniversary of UTAU’s release. Like last year’s uploads, this year we have celebratory videos planned. It’s also approaching the last day of the Defoko birthday celebration.
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【UTAU】二分間 RPG【オリジナル】 – Oo! An RPG scenario. I like this group. You know, it kinda looked like there’d be this epic change of pace in the song…and then the ranking started. I’m officially too lazy to investigate further.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【根音ネネ】シテヤンヨ【ミクも少し】 (NEW) – Shiteyanyo sure is powerful x.o Whoever has the Brain Bleach, give it to me. NOW.
- #19: 【UTAU+MMD】デフォ子で『恋☆カナ』（再挑戦版) (NEW) – >w< Harrow, Defoko! We love you.
- #18: 【春歌ナナ】ふしぎなメルモを歌ってもらった (NEW) – Like the song, knew what it is about. Growing up? Merumo-chan? Huh?
- #17: ゆっくりに本気で『ニコニコ動画CMY』を歌わせてみた (NEW) – Weird medley! Can’t believe i didn’t check it out before. Yukkuri freaks me out sometimes.
- #16: デフォ子さんにブリ(゜ ∀゜)ハマチやってもらった (NEW) –Defoko is doing this meme too! how long will it last? She seems off-tune/beat in certain parts. I think it might be voicebank limitations, but don’t quote me on that.
- #15: 【MMD】重音テト、欲音ルコ、波音リツ、櫻歌ミコで「ココロ」【UTAU】 (NEW) – Cute cover. Who invented the dance? A Miko Kokoro, eh? Sadly, the lyrics don’t fit the voice.
- #14: 【デフォ子誕生祭】デフォ子でキラッ☆（星間飛行）【UTAU+MMD】 (NEW) – Defoko finally has her own Seikan Hikou! Kira!
- #13: 【チャージマン研!】素敵な宇宙人を作詞作曲してみた【キャラソン】 (NEW) – Nostalgia for some? i’d like to checkout this old-school anime. I have never heard of or seen it.
- #12: 【リン・レン・テト・デフォ姉妹】森のくまさん【替え歌】 (NEW) – Fun song. Heard it somewhere…UTAU and Vocaloid were integrated wonderfully and smoothly here.
- #11: 【波音リツ】あなたの隣で【-強連続音-】 (NEW) – Sounds more passionate, with a hint of anger. He sounds like he wants to kill me.
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #A: 【重音テト】No Reaction【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Interesting song…Teto x Ted again, eh…for some reason romantic songs sometimes just don’t do it for me. I like the sound of this one.
- #B: 【歌十言葉】ソウソウカ【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – I like her voice. A very nice voice for sweet and calm songs like this one.
- #C: 【桃音モモ】かなしみシミュレート【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Should’ve scored higher. You go, Momo!
- #D: 【UTAU】 行方 (天霧人物語り) 【雪歌ユフ】 (NEW) – Another very oriental like song. Ah, Yufu.
- #E: 【粍音モン】 遠い夢 【ミリしらオリジナルソング】 (NEW) – It’s okay I guess. A capella kinda ruins it.
- #11: 【重音テト】AA作って動かした【ブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ】 (status) – Wow? In text form? How do they do these things. ASCII. Oh yes. The Japanese (especially the ones on 2chan) are masters at this.
- #10: m.u.を歌ってみた【くるみ餅】 – Lovely voice may I say. It’s a cute song. Why was this one disqualified? This isn’t the original song; it’s an utatte mita of it. The original song was featured on the countdown a few weeks back (and is still listened to regularly on my Sansa).
- #9: 【ブレイブルー】タオカカのテーマに歌詞付けた【Catus carnival】 – Funny voice. Defo…to?
- #8: 【FF3】鏡音レンと UTAUの口笛で「悠久の風」 –They are using high pitched notes to imitate whistling. I can’t tell which one is which though. Very well imitated as the real thing. FFIII. Whoa, nostalgia.
- #7: 2010-重音テト聖誕祭のお知らせ – I still don’t know what’s going on here ._. Ritsu, you’re such a woobie.
- #6: 【がくぽKAITOソラ】矢島美容室－ネバダカラキマシタ－【カバー】 – Still makes me lol. Yazima Beauty Salon, oh boy. Although this is really a more predominant Vocaloid song.
- #5: 【MMD】UTAU娘9 人で『デフォデフォ☆ファイヤーエンドレスナイト』 – If only the dance were more elaborated. I second this sentiment. And third it. And fourth it. Defo Defo Fire Endless Night? The name…actually makes me lol for some reason.
- #4: 【プログラミング】 mixiアプリ用フレームワーク作ってみた【Mafb】 – What of mixi are they talking about? Why is IDOLM@STER’s “TOWN” such a meme? They even use it in the VocaRan. Eh? Is that the name of てってってー?
- #3: 【UTAU】うーにゃーぷー【んにゃん】 – Indeed, sounds like a cat. Whoa, U~Nya~Pu! I remember hearing Rin’s version, then Kanochi Neko’s. Both were outstanding. Nothing will ever top the cuteness of the original Kaito version.
- #2: 【UTAU】博麗霊夢の細かすぎて伝わらないモノマネ選手権【吹き替え】 – Sora’s voice still did a good job on this XD All of their voices are handled so expertly here. I seriously didn’t know this was talkloid at first. Since I saw the original video when it came out, I was like, ‘what is this doing here? It has nothing to do with Ut– wait…’ TOOOOOUHOOOU!!!
- #1: 【トークロイド】ボーカロイドたちの日常25『姉弟の愛は永久に・・・』 – If only someone could translate these talkloid series. I might… if I weren’t lazy. *bricked*
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【UTAU】月光姫（オリジナル）【重音テッド】 (NEW) – This totally has a piano melody I recognize, forgot the name of it.. I haven’t seen a Tedo original in ages. Aw, Ted. I missed seeing you… Cool song, but I don’t think I like the new tuning of Ted’s voice…
- #9: s【重音テト】 いぬテト 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – This a song about dogs? Specifically, Teto being a dog. Cute, but forgettable.
- #8: 【ゆっくり】幸村のテニスを歌わせてみた【テニミュ】 (NEW) – ?_? Just Yukkuri being silly again.
- #7: 【波音リツ／”強”連続音】 LEVEL5-Judgelight- 【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – People ARE SO INTO Ritsu singing anime openings, I mean her voice just fits. His. ¬¬ Yeah. Anyway, I’d like to see him sing Paradise Lost. That’d be awesome. Hey, I still make that mistake sometimes…
- #6: あおいくらげ／根音ネネ・揺歌サユ（UTAUオリジナル） (NEW) – Delightful song, reminds me of a picture book. To be honest, it creeps me a little. The PV does crank up the creepy factor, that’s for sure.
- #5: 【重音テト】ヒトリ､二重奏｡【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Lolita Teto? Nice song, but I do feel like something is missing…. *gasp* You too? That’s the reason I didn’t mylist it! It was… good, but something was missing.
- #4: 好きすぎて/春歌ナナ (NEW) – Lamaze makes something useful out of Nana’s voice. Very good. As if what he did before wasn’t useful? Well this song is way better than the last one, so…?
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – Paradox was like the first UTAU
acidcolorful trip. Very good song, even if the lyrics are repetitive. As for I do remember Mako’s marching spot and Teto’s adorable Toeto. Double Lariat was still a mainstay and Orbital made top (just an awesome song!) Double Lariat was a mainstay in the Vocaloid Rankings as well at the time, so yeah. As for Teto…anata no koto ga suki desu uso desu… So the pattern is, whenever there’s a number one song in the VocaRan, there’ll be a Teto cover of it in the top five the same week, yes?
- #3: 【根音ネネ】Muddy Creeper【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Another Nene original. I do like the title c: Muddy Creeper? Is he trying to keep me up all night? I think it’s cool. >_>
- #2: 【根音ネネ】 花になる 【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 1) – Unbelieveable! Nene still holds on to her spot. An only one spot drop. Amazing. A respectable exit from the Rankings. Indeed, although I was surprised this didn’t remain number one…
- #1: 【雪歌ユフ】 Still Alive In Love 【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 17) – Oh my goodness! I guessed this would have been aimed higher, but never number one. Wow. And this does remind me of Orange Lounge 8D OMG YES!! Fellow bemani fan!! *shoujo sparkles* …and what is Orange Lounge? Orange Lounge is AWESOMENESS. Unless you’re playing Extreme2, in which case, they ruined the video to Love is Orange… ;_;
- ED Song: 【UTAU／デフォ子】ノスタル時間【オリジナル曲】 – It’s nice for an ending song, dunno why part of it reminds me of Sims… It reminds me of…actually I don’t know what it reminds me of…>.<
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Welcome to the news corner. First we have news concerning next month’s Teto birthday celebration on April 1st.
The event’s plans are two-fold. First is the formation of a new project for the sake of Teto’s birthday celebration: Kasane Teto’s 24 hour broadcasting project. (Community ID: co246912)
Nico live will bring the broadcast to you from April 3rd to April 4th. Guest appearances include Teto’s voice source “Oyama Nobuyo” and babytasP. Watch the community for more details.
The other one is the project of Kasane Teto’s official club “TwinDrill”. It will be brought to you on Nico Live from the Kasane community on March 31st from around 22:00 to midnight. (Community ID: co3771)
We have four more celebration events planned. These will also use Nico Live, so be sure to watch them~
Next is the new voicebanks section. This week we have thirteen new voicebanks, listed below.
This has been yet another week of Teto free top 3, but shame that only 1 UTAU male made it on to the main rankings. What can you do…. I am excited for next week (or the week after that) for great group songs and songs that commemorate the creation of UTAU ^^ And we figured out a sufficient schedule on our hands. So that our readers wouldn’t worry that much about the entry being late, woo. And I would like to know why Nene is dominating the rankings. Also, I would appreciate to hear more comments from our readers, to know what they are thinking about this ranking. It would help me understand lots.
…I’m still bitter about the fact they won’t let my UTAU onto the new UTAU section. Eventually I’ll die out, but it’d be nice if someone figured out what was the problem. Anyway, it’s nice to be back on and… I’d like to see more Ruko…
By the way, if I ever say that I’m saving a song and putting it on my iPod, don’t think it’ll be in there forever. I perform regular “cleans” of my iPod and most Vocaloid/UTAU songs go into the trash basket. If I really like the song though, and it’s so much that I’ll keep it forever, I will tell you. And you will know.
And now I take over! First, I have the link to the UTAU voicebank created by Aster Selene, which for reasons unknown to
this troper this blogger, wasn’t listed with the new UTAU when it was first put up. The link to the video with voicebank download is here.
Second, another Teto-free top three week! Not having Teto as the number one song isn’t so much of a rarity, but not having Teto in the top three at all certainly is.
Going back to what CK was saying and what I mentioned in the intro, Nene’s popularity has just exploded. Her voicebank was released towards the end of December, and already she’s had numerous spots on the countdown, including taking the top three spots on separate occasions. This kind of popularity is unprecedented when it comes to new voicebanks.
I consider it a good thing, as we need more diversity when it comes to regulars on the countdown. It also shows that if your UTAU has that special something, then it can get recognized too. I don’t know what the special something is exactly, but Nene-chan definitely has it. Now I’m off to figure out how to cosplay as a girl that’s part plant.