Weekly UTAU Ranking #69 – Two more years! And beyond!
I… somehow get the feeling I’ve been one-upped… Hmm. Well anyway. Let’s avoid the obvious jokes one could make about this week’s ranking and just focus on the good stuff, yes? No, wait, that didn’t come out right– oh, I give up.
UTAU has been out for two whole years already… feels like just yesterday I was listening to UTAU songs on youtube (this is before I learned youtube sucked compared to NND) and wondering how people could put so much effort into something with such little chance of any gratitude or recognition being given back. And now here I am, toiling away every week to bring all of you the best UTAU Ranking coverage I can, even though only a single-digit number of people actually care outside of Aster and CK. Funny how life works sometimes.
But enough about irony. Onto the ranking!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
<my translation will be coming up. So stay tuned!>
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【重音テト】ミスターシューゲイザー【オリジナル】 – What the…
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【UTAU】重音テトで「ローリンガール」【カバー】 (NEW) – Oh, Rolling Girl…I think I like the original better… This is actually pretty unimpressive for a Teto cover. Coulda been a lot better. So-so.
- #19: 【重音テト】 あの鐘を鳴らすのは、あたし。【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Reminds me of those old-style Korean songs. It kinda does feel old-school… not bad though. It’s alright.
- #18: 【UTAU】波音リツ” 強”単独音配布／飛べない鳥（カバー） (NEW) – Whoa, Ritsu actually has…cleavage… Yeah, what’s up with that? o.O Sounds a tad too high pitch. Not the best use.
- #17: 【重音テト】No Reaction【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 31) – Whoa, this got picked up! Hey now, no copying. (j/k) Lovely song.
- #16: 【UTAU】 いつもここから 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Aw, a sad song…I wonder what this one is about. Teto sounds sweet. Cute drawings. Like the chimes in the bgm.
- #15: 【UTAU】重音テトで「恋愛サーキュレーション」【カバー】 (NEW) – Aw, Ren’ai Circulation…the standard UTAU testing song (along with Greed’s accident and LOVE&JOY)… Wait, Greed’s what? I don’t know that one. This song was a must, eh?
- #14: 【重音テト】artifact 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Loli Teto! This rock sounds a little different.
- #13: デフォ子で「ぽっぴっぽーmkⅡ」【カバー】提携店？の勝手に2号店だよ！ (NEW) – Defoko and her amazing PoPiPo dance. Not bad. Defoko needs her own version of the song, though. agreed with the motion that Defoko needs her own version. What are the different lyrics saying?
- #12: 【ようじょと】 UTAU新音源・鳩音キユ【やらないか】 (NEW) – New UTAU…she scares me a bit. That might be the point. Her voice is full of lulz. Yoooooo!
- #11: 【波音リツ】Solitude 【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – Awesome Ritsu song. Yay! Ritsu originals that don’t suck!! Snazzy song!
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #23: 【UTAU】星の還る場所【テトオリジナル】 (NEW) – Adorable but I wish I could hear her voice more clearly. Sounds like from a story book.
- #31: 【桃音モモ】あした あめふれ【オリジナル】 (NEW) – It doesn’t sound like the light fluffy Momo I know. Momo’s voice sounds a little muffled.
- #56: 【重音テト】 ぼくは０えん 【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – That picture is just…weird… Heheh.
- #57: 【朝音ボウ・雲之ツキ】calling【オリジナル】 (NEW) – CATS! More catloids? They are in season.
- #59: 【さてまろ・ストラ】 password 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Have I seen these UTAU before? This is the only one that jumped out at me because we haven’t seen these UTAU– let alone originals for them– in a while. Welcome back! Hope this gets picked up. Need to hear moar of them. :I
- #4: 【MikuMikuDance】O157 でワールドイズマイン (NEW) – MUST UNSEE Looks like a jellyfish.
- #3: 根音ネネさん描いてみたりした (NEW) – Defoko and Miku are an interesting mix. And the Nene craze continues… That’s Nene, not Defoko, although they sort of look alike.
- #2: 【MMD】しまぱんテトさんでブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ【重音テト】 (NEW) – MMD Tuna Meme! Aww. it’s missing the cosplay… PANTSU ALERT. -brickd-
- #1: 【MMD】驫麤～例の3人でとりぷるばか～shortver (NEW) – Brain Bleach. Give it to me. NOW. What is this? I don’t even.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【UTAU】あきら様の声を抽出してみた（テスト） (NEW) – Lucky Star. Best anime in the world. With this and Ronald McDonald, we’re pretty much set for life, right? Another commercial voice? How do they get the permission for this? Actually, I wondered about that myself…
- #9: 【UTAUカバー】人間が大好きなこわれた妖怪の唄(修正版)【３眼鏡】 (NEW) – Needs translation. And Taya returns as well! What a great week. THE THREE GLASSES GANG RETURNS. I haven’t seen them in ages.
- #8: 【重音テト】ヒトリ､二重奏｡【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 5) – It dropped, aw. Saw this coming. Didn’t drop as much.
- #7: 【根音ネネ】Muddy Creeper【オリジナル】 (Down from 3) – Also went down. Saw this coming too, sadly. Good, but doesn’t have the staying power that it’d need… People still love it for the insane rock skills and her voice.
- #6: 【UTAUで】神曲メドレー『二次元』【リレー】 (NEW) – Who on earth…are these? BLASPHEMY! Pam is adorable and should be loved by everyone. D: And there are quite a few non-Japanese UTAU in there… FINALLY, A CHORUS!!! It’s epic, the voices are well selected. recognizable. Definitely agreed on the epic part.
- #5: 鈴音アリカオリジナル曲『トリップ・トリップ』 (NEW) – An Ill Girl UTAU! This song sounds really good and has piqued my interest. Dynamic song! Arika has a swell voice!
- #4: 【重音テト】ちびテトで恋愛サーキュレーション【MMD】 (NEW) – Chimera Teto Bakemonogatari? Let’s make the next arc Tetomonogatari. Don’t you mean BakemonogaTETO? Haha, pun. [/geek] Also, chibi-Teto is surprisingly cute. More versions of this song?
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: I don’t recognize most of these songs. I can tell that there was a new UTAU this week last year… Kanipan sure was popular when he came out! Or wait, is it she? But th- *brain explodes* Kanipan’s voice sure did dominate here. The Yokkara sex cover is quite weird.
- #3: 【天音ルナ】 オリジナル曲 『アーミラリ・スフィア』 【MMD】 (NEW) – Unearthly but awesome. The wonders someone can do with MMD…Megpoid and Luna, awesome combo. This is amazing. Haven’t really heard anything with Luna in a while (outside of the MMD Cup sketch), so this is a treat. Welcome back, Luna! Such an embracing song. Very well deserved. Luna sings so well.
- #2: 【UTAU】「モモの日」の動画2010【三人娘】 (NEW) – It’s a talkloid…what’s this doing here? I know Teto has a small part with singing, but… Sh-shut up, it’s not cheating, it counts… >_>; But anyway, I think it’s cute. Yes! Talkloid and song time! congrats Momo on your b-day.
- #1: 【リツ＆がくぽ】 錚々と焔は詠いて 【-オリジナル-】 (NEW) – An epic Ritsu song that outlasts all epicness this ranking. I actually don’t really care for this, but it’s got Gakupo in it, so I guess it can’t be all bad. Epic rock skills! I like it very much!
- ED: 【桃音モモ】ピンクセラピー【UTAUオリジナル】 – ED Song – Can’t make out any words. Anyway, everyone seems to be doing the Hamachi Meme this week…
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Welcome to the news corner. Here is the new voicebanks section. This week we have ten new voicebanks, but since Kiyu was in the ranking, here are the other nine.
Kawazuya Tao (the original video was deleted, so use this link instead)
(*there is no kana spelling given for the last name, and there are too many combination possibilities for me to feel comfortable guessing. I apologize for any inconvenience)
A lot of points this week, which caused there to be very few stuff in the Extra Ranking (something that nearly made me flub up the Ranking format and made dez worry her head off about both of our sanities when I panicked). Most of the UTAU this week were of the same old crowd, though more Yufu (and Ruko~) would be nice. Still taking offense at the fact my UTAU seems to never be mentioned but this is the last week I’ll complain. If anyone can tell me what I’m doing wrong I’d appreciate it! Seriously, they pick a chainsaw and not mine?
It’s not that they pick and choose; something must’ve gone wrong in the process… anyway. Another great week. Higher scores overall is something I’m really happy with, but something to note is that although Teto didn’t claim the number one spot this week, she showed up just about everywhere else! Almost the entire first half was Tetoriffic, and her improv Momo song landed her in the top three. Looks like you can’t keep the doriru away for long…
Well, the idea is we want more diversity in the rankings. I don’t mind people using Teto and loving Teto– heck, I like Teto– as long as she’s not the only one around. The UtaRan SP ranking was released a few days ago, and most of the songs were Teto songs. Most of the top ten were Teto songs. This isn’t surprising, but it is still a bit disheartening. Still, there were a lot of old faces returning this week, and for that and the higher point values, I’d say overall, this was a pretty good week.
Speaking of the SP Ranking, we plan on bringing you coverage of that as well. There will be defeats and triumphs! Romance! Comedy! Drama! Controversy! Se– no wait, none of that… Be sure to tune in for our UtaRan SP Ranking special! (what do you mean it’s not redundant)
Higher points? I thought it went lower… Also the emergence of Vocaloid and UTAU union is still strong, and my hopes of group songs were accomplished for now. I’m enthusiastic about the Sp, but some of the results were not expected….Also, not many extras for the Ranking. Why would that be? last but not least, HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY UTAU! -gets out the party poppers-
9 thoughts on “Weekly UTAU Ranking #69 – Two more years! And beyond!”
Oh my gosh, Arika made it into the rankings! :O I-I'm so proud of her!
Number five? She's new to me, actually. Has she been out long?
Yeah, number five. :> I'm her voice donor and designer. I wanna say she came out around May/June of 2009, but as a Mac user, I can't actually use her myself so I just kind of tossed her out there and hoped that someone would like her. 🙂
How on earth do you make an UTAU as a Mac user…?
And can you help me? Because my UTAU didn't make the ranking and yours did, so can you tell me what you did when you uploaded the video? I need to know what I did wrong.
I recorded the voice clips and sent them to a friend, who did the programming part.
And, I didn't upload the video because I am not responsible for the song. Suteru-san downloaded Arika and apparently decided to use her in an original song. Suteru-san is probably the one who uploaded the video.
Rankings are based on the video's popularity. It is difficult to make ranking.
I'm talking bout the "new voicebanks" section but okay…
Congrazzles! I didn't see that coming tbh.
Must…. post…… encouragement….!
Must I whip you into posting one…?