In a few days, we will celebrate the birth of someone who is even now considered (incorrectly) as another one of the Vocaloids: Kasane Teto, the flagship UTAU with the doriru hair and chimera wings who won the hearts of people all over with her desire to sing.
Needless to say, that means the number of Teto songs should increase exponentially until the time comes. –Is what I would say, except, it seems that this week that is not the case?! Well, look on to find out!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UtaRan.
This Thursday April 1st is Teto’s 30th– I’m sorry, her second birthday. Don’t forget that in celebration of this there’s the “Twin Drill” event on March 31st and the 24-hour Nico Live broadcast from April 3-4. I’ll be sure to check them out as well.
On that April 1st, there’s the large-scale pranks that open their websites to the public every year, and that becomes one of the topics for the new year, doesn’t it?
Last year’s was about VocaRan’s Naho being animated; what a story that was, huh? I wonder what surprise lays in store for us this year?
If it’s about UTAU, let’s see… oh yes, how about a game where Teto-san, Ruko and Ritsu are the heroines, or something to that effect…
No, what am I saying… ahaha…
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【雪歌ユフ】Ocimum Basilicum【UTAUオリジナル】 – It does not blend very well in some parts. A bit too disoriented for me.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【UTAUカバー】いろは唄【京音ロン連続音】 (!!) – Everyone’s fallen for him. Well he IS cute… Whoa, awesome song. Wait, you’ve never heard いろは唄 before?
- #19: 【UTAUオリジナル曲】しあわせなこねこ【重音テト・んにゃん】 (↑46) – Must’ve been caturday. Very cute. Is it just me, or do only Teto pickups get… picked up? Got picked up! Yes! Teto and cats!
- #18: 【欲音ルコ】辞めてやるよ歌い手なんか【UTAUカバー】 (↓8) – Hmmm, a rock version does justice too, even though Ruko needs more love… And this one fell about as far. Shame, too.
- #17: 【UTAU】 again 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (!!) – Nice long notes. Meeeeh.
- #16: 【UTAU+MMD】デフォ子･モモ･ユフ･ミコで『よっしゃあ漢唄』 (!!) – How the voices are tuned is funny. Also the song. What’s going on with Defoko’s skirt?? :O Epic Defoko is epic. Defoko reminds me of Nagato Yuki, anyway, so seeing her like this is awesome.
- #15: 【新音源:ただのレラさん公開動画】風のサンバ【UTAUオリジナル】 (!!) – UTAU+bossanova=Win. MOAR. I agree. Don’t say it’s JUST Rera-san; he’s amazing! :O Interesting voice. Is that a squirrel?
- #14: 【重音テト】たとえば、【オリジナル曲・PV】 (!!) – Cute song. Seems cheery. Sounds really nice… voice tuning sounds just like “twice”. Aw, cute Teto song, but with a little creepiness. Reminds me of…Hachi.
- #13: 【重音テト】どうしてこうなったｗｗｗ【オリジナル】 (↓5) – Hmmm. I wonder what this song must be about. Another rant? Haven’t actually listened to this, since I wasn’t that interested, but it seems like it. Song fell drastically oh well.
- #12: 【iM@s創作曲】アタシ、サイネリア【CV:久度ヤフカ(UTAU)】 (!!) – Ehwot? …what is this I don’t even What UTAU is this? Kinda…interesting. It’s…a little disturbing too.
- #11: 【課題曲】『炉心融解』歌ってもらった【紫苑ヨワ・UTAU】 (!!) – Why so many views? It’s the schoolgirl UTAU with the Yufu-clone voice. Do you need to ask? Actually, though, this sounds really good… Shion Yowa. She sounds better with lower notes. And her school uniform.
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #29: 【重音テト】俺の嫁を返せ！【オリジナル】 (!!) – I feel a parody material here. Yeah, not quite sure what’s up with this, but I spot
mai husbandoHideyoshi so it’s all good. Do not get the reference. Which one?
- #42: カゲフミ【重音テト×メグッポイド】オリジナル (!!) – Weird tune. It’s definitely… something. Too nasally and high for me.
- #54: 【永歌エル】うちの歌姫がぐれた【オリジナル曲】 (!!) – LOLOL. the end x.x Someone care to explain what’s going on?
- #73: 【UTAUオリジナル曲】 Long for The Continent 【柔音綴】 (!!) – Has a traveler’s feel to it. Hm, yeah, reminds me of Hetalia… ENGRISH! Does this song have more than one line? You can tell from the clip shown here that it does.
- #96: 【デフォ子・デフォ助】おうたうたいの歌【オリジナル曲】 (!!) – Defoko, why so cute? I like this drawing style.
- #7: 【重音テト】しゅーてぃん☆すたー 叩いてみた – Sick drums. You know I’ve always wanted to learn the drums… Band Edition!
- #6: MMDで辞めてやるよ歌い手なんか(スナック羅刹風味) – Expected this. No, Teto is turning into Haku!
- #5: 【穂歌ソラ】池から来たモノ【MMDモデル紹介】 – A cuter version of Sora? Oh Sora. :> Whoa. Weird effect. What’s going on? Sounds funny.
- #4: 【MMD】重音テトで『教えて!!魔法のLyric』 – Well it was only a matter of time… Is this from somewhere? Ever heard of Yumiko?
- #3: 【初音ミク】Crash System Android【オリジナル】 – Scary. Slightly less scary if you’re familiar with the P’s work… but still scary. …Now I will run away screaming. Brain Bleach please.
- #2: キラメキラリ 重音テト＆やよい 【アイドルマスター×MikuMikuDance】 – Of course, Idolmaster+UTAU=big views. Indeed, but at least it’s cute. Looks like Teto and IDOLM@STER.
- #1: 【ＭＭＤ】ぽっぴっぽーMkⅡを春香達に踊らせてみた – Same statement as before. Eh, don’t care for this one. …WTF?
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【雪歌ユフ】ガクブチガール【オリジナル曲】 (↓3) – Gotta love Insane!Yufu! really catchy song. Catchy… well, eh, it’s growing on me. Cute and interesting Yufu song.
- #9: 【新音源:ただのレラさん】空飛ぶハンカチーフ【UTAUオリジナル】 (!!) – This sounded like a romantic ballad, about a flying squirrel. I loved his voice. >< Yes, he’s way too awesome for the “just”. Aw, nice slow song to ease my nerves.
- #8: 【揺歌サユ・ Mac音ココ】Pisces【オリジナル曲】 (!!) – Such an endearing duet. FINALLY! SAYU RETURNS!! Welcome back, my favorite UTAU of all time!! =D Interesting use of Coco’s voice.
- #7: 【重音テト】twice 【オリジナル曲・PV】 (↓1) – It lowered not by much. Pretty song, but yet sad ;; Yes, the quality is very high. I still don’t get what’s the big deal about this song.
- #6: 【オリジナル曲】クロスワード・ワールド【初音ミク＆京音ロン】 (!!) – An unexpected duet, I like the use of Ron’s voice here. Agreed completely. Great duet here. Mako and Miku, interesting mix – an interesting song. Eh? You mean Ron and Miku, right?
- #5: 【中国語でUTAU 音源】「メルト」 【沐音シン】 (!!) – Another Chinese UTAU. She sounds acceptable. Well she doesn’t sound BAD… The lyrics are off sync and I notice something interesting about that name. Mokune Shin… what about it? o.O
- #4: 【テトオリジナル曲】Let Me Fly High【PV付き】 (!!) – It was good engrish I suppose. It’s not too engrish-y… Teto being all deep!
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – Pan’s voice was well fitted for Double Lariat. Happy birthday Macne Nana! Loved your cover. Teto’s voice fit the meaning of Uninstall, sort of. Lol, Lamaze’s song made me crack up. …You mean the parody of Uninstall. Pan’s voice is just a great voice overall, really, and Nana’s cover of Eared Robot is actually one of the only ones I’ll listen to. And of course, ラマーズP does Teto great justice with an adorable and catchy tune. I recognize nothing!
- #3: ぷんぷんぷんぷくっぷー/春歌ナナ (!!) – Pouty cute song. Lamaze sure likes using Nana. Speaking of adorable and catchy tunes from one of my favorite Ps… Thank you for making Nana sound as cute as she’s supposed to be! =D Tsundere Nana!
- #2: 【穂歌ソラ／UTAU】 いますぐ 【オリジナル】 (!!) – I loved the rock song. Leaves something commanding. KYAAAAAAAAAA! Another great Sora song topping the charts!! Ahaha, oops, my fangirlism is showing. ^^; Someone translate please.
- #1: 【雪歌ユフ】little bird【オリジナル】 (!!) – Uh-mazing star. The use of autotune is really far-fetched. Leaves a shimmery feeling here. Needs subs. Another chart-topping Yufu song? She’s on a roll this year! This is great stuff! =D Yuuuuuuufuuuuuuu!
- ED Song: 【Mac音ココ】ユラリズム【UTAU→Mac音家カバー】 – Good effort on Coco’s voice. I also remembered this cool song. Pretty good actually; I’m normally not a fan of the Macnes, but every now and then they’re all right.
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s topic. First is CD news. From the same people who brought you cosmodriver, sowaka-chan and such on DVD “LOiD,” “LOiD2” will be released on two CDs at the same time on March 17th. Of those, the first one, “LOiD-02-electronica- LOiD’s TECNiCA” has akayakaP featuring Momone Momo for the song “Kimi no Ondo.”
The last time a CD made using UTAU as well was last November’s release of ラマーズP’s best. Make sure you check the CDs out, okay?
(The song used in the background for This Week’s Topic is from akyakaP, called Voyage. You can listen to it here. Nice, isn’t it?)
Continuing on, next is this week’s new voicebank section… except, first are more apologies. We somehow missed two other voicebanks, so they’ll be grouped in with this week’s as well.
Well, here are this week’s voicebanks. There are 23 new voicebanks since Shin and Rera were in the ranking. Since there’s so many, I hope we didn’t miss any this time…
(currently unnamed) <==it's "above"! Up above the world so high!! Not “OVER”!!
Alexander (Alexandria) and Wakana Yuu
YES, I CAN SEE MORE MALE ENTRIES IN THE UTAU RANKING! -ahem- Also, I hope to see more of Ron and Lela-san. also, congrats to Yufu to gettng top places in the rankings, very well deserved. And happy belated birthday to Macne Nana and her Petit counterpart! Also, happy early birthday to Kasane Teto! Huzzah! I expect a rush in the next week. And I’m really sorry for my absence. Real life is a pain, a really bad beginning for me in the year of 2010 ._.
Also, keep up the comments! That is all!
I have to say, I’m really surprised at the lack of Teto in the charts. I mean, yeah she’s there, and yeah she’s got a bunch of songs, but that’s… normal levels of doriru. Maybe they’re going to pop up next week, since they will be released closer to/on her birthday instead? Either way, it’s not a big deal, I just found it strange.
-runs in panting- I’m not late!
Find it ironic that Ruko is the cover icon this week when she gets little to no UTAUran coverage. Happy birthday Teto. April Fool’s Day…Wonder if there’ll be a new VIPPER around this time.
Well, it was a nice week with a nice healthy mix of UTAU (besides Ruko and Ritsu, funnily enough). And maybe VIPPER will bring us a newcomer.
(Personally, I find it strange and suspicious that Mitani Nana is releasing an UTAU on April Fool’s Day… hmm.) Stay tuned for more UTAU goodness~!