Shamelessly ripping off Megatokyo aside, it looks as though some of the V-blog editorial staff are indisposed at the moment: deztora is getting busy with real life that she can’t deal with the UtaRan for a while.
Anyways, on to the Vocaloid-related stuff… This week, looks like a certain Vocaloid will become relevant again.
Naho’s Opening Statement:
It’s time for this week’s Vocaran. Last week, because of my master’s illness, there were many bad transitions, making it hard to watch. I sincerely apologize to you for the mistakes. My master seems to be better now, so we will continue Vocaran as usual. Thank you for your understanding.
As it’s already April, it is so weird that it gets colder and even snow lays in some areas. Hey, the long holiday is coming, everyone! Pull yourself together! Ok, let’s get started from 30th!
(from rebecca: You may or may not have noticed, but there was a tag saying “The uploader got ill” on the last week’s Vocaran because of the bad transitions he made on the video especially for Top 3. It is said he was sick, but yea, who knows?^^ The long holiday she’s talking about here is a Japanese public holiday called “Golden week” from April 29th through May 5th. It’s one of the longest holiday in Japan)
-Editors: Holocauxt, DTKel, Joe Mello, deztora, rebecca, redemtion2, GreenSage
-Song Stats: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- #30: 歌愛ユキオリ ジナル曲「Forgotten Girl」 (↑127)
Artillery shot!!! Duck and cover!!!
- #29: 【鏡音リン】 いろは唄【オリジナル曲】 (↑74)
Another one!!! I’m hit! Medic! ~^^~
- #28: magnet 【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (↑36)
Back from the dead… well, it was a kinda shallow grave to begin with… You don’t think Nayuta’s cover didn’t have something to do with this? Yes, I think so. Did you see that cover freaking 140k+ views! Probably more now!
- #27: 初音ミクオリ ジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失（LONG VERSION）」 (↑48)
…this one, too…
- #26: 【鏡音リン】BeDash 【オリジナル】(ChipTune) (↑56)
Geez, what’s with all the song revivals lately!? One of the few songs that actually appeared in the Top 30 after it was announced as the “Pick-Up” song in previous week’s ranking, though I won’t say I really like it. =/. It’s been happening with more frequency.
- #25: 【初音ミク】1925【オ リジナル曲】 (↑52)
Another revival (of sorts). Back from the dead.
- #24: 【鏡音リン】 太陽は燃える、君は捜す。【オリジナル】 (!!)
<no commen t>
- #23: 初音ミクがオ リジナルを歌ってくれたよ「ブラック★ロックシューター」 (↑38)
This one is kinda understandable, what with the anime’s eventual release and all… When does it come out?
- #22: 【初音ミクオ リジナル】きみがすき (↓16)
- #21: 【巡音ルカ】 ドリームランド (!!)
Feels rather like generic Luka to me.
- #20: 初音ミク オ リジナル曲 「ローリンガール」 (↑24)
At least I didn’t think much of this song, but after repeated listening it sure has grown on me making it one of the songs I will listen to on loop nowadays.
- #19: 鏡音レン・初 音ミクオリジナル曲 Mare Foecunditatis (!!)
Gotta love tys-P’s work on Len’s rapping part. <3 My Rising Starlet for this week. Just because of the rap.
- #18: 【初音ミク】 涙腺突破ガメンミエン【恋竹林】 (!!)
- #17: 初音ミク オ リジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (↑26)
- #16: 初音ミクでオ リジナル 「未来」 (!!)
- #15: 【鏡音レン】 パラジクロロベンゼン【破壊系洗脳ソング】 (↑25)
Seriously, how on earth did it come back to 15? It was goen a couple of weeks ago…
- #14: 【初音ミク】 モノクロ∞ブルースカイ 【オリジナル・のぼる↑】 (↑15)
- #13: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (↑19)
Lowest score of the year, and still #13?
- #12: 【鏡音レン】 探偵むしめか゛ね ～ さらば怪人256面相【オリジナル曲】 (↓4)
- #11: 【鏡音レン】 ロマンスニフレ【オリジナルPV】 (!!)
Lots of Len recently.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【初音ミク】Little Forest【オリジナル】 (#45 – !!)
If it weren’t for the balance issues, I’d like to see this one back next week.
- #10: 【初音ミク】 ハジマリノヒ 【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
- #9: 【初音ミク】Screen Shot【PV付オリジナル曲】 (↑20)
- #8: 【初音ミク】 サクラノ前夜【オリジナル】 (↓3)
- #7: 【鏡音レン】 宵月桜【オリジナル曲】 (↑13)
Whoa! A rank up!
- #6: 【鏡音リン・ レン】秘蜜〜黒の誓い〜【オリジナル】 (↓1)
The slow descent begins. ;_; Nooo.
- #5: 【初音ミク(40 ㍍)】 三日月ライダー 【オリジナル】 (↑33)
- #4: 【初音ミク】 【Ｉ】 【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: (WVR #80 LINK HERE)
This spot is for a look back at the VocaRan one year before. Here are the top five songs from that week.
- H5: Having a slight feeling that this song will turn up in -Project DIVA- 2nd… I am *hoping* so, it would be a pity if it doesn’t.
- H4: <no comment>
- H3: <no comment>
- H2: Can’t wait to play this in PD2.
- H1: And here we have Romeo and Cinderella’s debut.
- #3: 【カバー】GUMI で「さよならメモリーズ」【supercell】 (!!)
Finally!!! GUMI is back on the map! Though she had to cover a preexisting song for this one, the next one is original and a whole lot better. This one’s not bad at all even though it’s a cover, I quite like GUMI’s voice for this song. Sayonara Memories is one of my favorites of supercell. The cover is very good~
- #2: 【GUMI】 弱虫モンブラン【オリジナル曲PV付】 (!!)
GUMI… being yandere for sweets… sound like a plan to me! It’s not hard to judge how many people actually enjoyed it looking at the over 10+ re-uploads on YT just for this song. It had a great run. I’ll be sad to see it fall next week.
- #1: 初音ミクオリ ジナル曲 「初音ミクの暴走（LONG VERSION）」 (!!)
Argh!!! This classic song actually got a long version!? Who knows maybe this song will stay for quite some time to come… *Holds in rant until the final thoughts section.*
- ED Song: 瞳を閉じれば~Remaster Version~【初音ミクオリジナル曲】
In Other Vocaloid News:
Here is a CD info as many expect. DECO*27, well known with “Haruichi” in this week’s History and “Nisoku Hokou”, will release his debut album “Souaiseiriron” on 21th April from Third-Ear.
As the release day of Miku Append is coming closer, it’s getting busy around here. Will the end of April be a festival like we had on last Luka’s birthday…?
Thank you for watching till the end. See you next week.
All righty. Let’s get this thing started, since I had 504 errors when trying to get in yesterday. Didn’t we fix that problem with the server move? Meh, whatever. I won’t say that today was a slow day, considering the amount of views for the top five. It was more poorly distributed throughout the countdown. How else could a 44k score get JBF #13, when the last time 47k got it 18th place. Expect a lot of rearranging to happen next week, as I predict there will be a lot more people going back to their regulars.
And now for my rant on the top three. First off, I’m glad that Supercell himself actually posted this cover instead of one of his cohorts. Anyone remember what happened with the Bakemonogatari cover? Yeah. Glad that wasn’t a repeat. I’m also hoping that DECO*GUMI / GUMI*27 is going to be a match that we will see a lot in the coming months. As for CosMo… okay, seriously, he’s just getting #1 from his name only at this point. Recently all he’s been doing are sequels and long versions that include nods to his previous works, and beating horses that were dead years ago. I did not enjoy this song whatsoever. My wife enjoyed Miku’s pink maid outfit, but other than that it was just a waste of time and my eardrums. If you noticed, it was the least favorited in ratio of the top three this week, not even reaching the former 20x barrier, while both the other tunes held a highly respectable near 30x. What happened this week was a brand name contest.
Hopefully I’ll see you all this weekend for the Weekend Spotlight, lest JM want to take it back, of course. Take it away, Holo!
…And so with that, we end this week’s Vocaloid Ranking review. Please join us again next week, and- *dies from heat stroke*