VocaRan #144 – Three Billy Goats Gruff
Vocaloid NND Weekly Ranking
Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #143 “Unselected”
On our last trip to see Naho and friends, we came upon what we thought was a troll or two. Thanks to some skillful bargaining, we were able to watch the VocaRan and escape without incident. Today is a new week, and before I stretch this gag out too far, let’s take a look at this week’s chart-toppers.
Naho’s Opening Statement:
Good morning everyone. It’s already July. It’s almost time for students to be released for a fun summer break, while everyone else will be busy with work and deadlines.
Whether you’re busy or you’re free, first, a break. This week we have another ranking for you to pay attention to, so let’s go check it out.
Like always, we’ll start from number 30. What kind of music will reign supreme this week, I wonder…?
-Editors: Holocauxt, DTKel, Joe Mello, deztora, rebecca, redemtion2, GreenSage
-Song Stats: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- #30: 【巡音ルカオ リジナル】XXX me in the disco
- #29: 【GUMI】 弱虫モンブラン【オリジナル曲PV付】
- #28: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「メルト」
- #27: 初音ミク オ リジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」
- #26: 【PV】谷中 初音町よりハロー【capsule+初音ミク＋MMD】
- #25: 【リン・レン・ ＫＡＩＴＯ】青い薔薇の葬儀屋【オリジナル】
- #24: 【GUMI】 さよならポラリス【オリジナル曲やで】
Winter imagery at this time of year?
- #23: 【MEIKO】 Floriography -勿忘草-【オリジナル】
Looks like everyone’s getting a spot this week ^-^
- #22: 【GUMI(と く)】 melting summer 【オリジナル曲】
- #21: 初音ミク オ リジナル曲 「ローリンガール」
- #20: 【初音ミク】 え？あぁ、そう。 【オリジナル曲】
- #19: 【初音ミク】 GALLOWS BELL 【オリジナル！】
Why does “The Guy” in these videos always look like a sober version of L?
- #18: 【GUMI】 Dearest (yks remix) 【ぼかんないんです＞＜】
- #17: 【初音ミク】 サカナ【オリジナル】PV
- #16: 【GUMI】 泣き虫アンサンブル 【オリジナル曲PV】
- #15: 「もう一人の 僕へ」 song by 初音ミク
- #14: ロンリーガー ル【初音ミクオリジナル】
Almost read the kana as “Rolling Girl”
- #13: 【初音ミク】OZ 【オリジナル】
- #12: ペンタブと鍵 盤【リンオリジナル】
- #11: 初音ミク・巡 音ルカ オリジナル曲 「ワールズエンド・ダンスホール」
I think I’d like the instrumental of this.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【初音ミク】Cher【オ リジナルPV】
I’m guessing it’s not the Cher I’m thinking of.
- #10: 「卑怯戦隊う ろたんだー」をKAITO,MEIKO,初音ミクにry【オリジナル】修正版
- #9: 初音ミク：薔 薇は美しく散る
- #8: 【GUMI】 ハンコウセイメイ【オリジナル曲】
- #7: 『巡音ルカ』 紅一葉『オリジナル曲・PV付』
- #6: 【初音ミク(KEI)】 ピエロ【オリジナル】
- #5: 【ミクオリジ ナル曲】崩壊歌姫 -disruptive diva-【ProjectDIVAac 応募曲】
…NEW? Since when? Even if it didn’t receive any points last week… NEW?
- #4: 【鏡音リン・ レン】般若の面 -Mask of hannya-【オリジナル・PV】
Rin looked way too much like Enma Ai there
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: (WVR #91)
This spot is for a look back at the VocaRan one year before. Here are the top five songs from that week. From this week on, GUMI-san was released.
- H5: <no comment>
- H4: <no comment>
- H3: <no comment>
- H2: I still think Kaito sounded like Bono
- H1: <no comment>
- #3: 【初音ミク(40 ㍍)】 空中アクアリウム 【オリジナル】
Spotlight Magic prevails again. 388 normally wins weeks.
- #2: 【初音ミクDark】 glow 【オリジナル】
It’s nice, but I don’t see a slow song lasting.
- #1: 【オリジナル 曲PV】ワンダーランドと羊の歌【初音ミク】
Someone, please give Hachi enough capital to start an online anime series
- ED Song: 初音ミク：オ リジナル「夏の横顔 ducky arrange」
In Other Vocaloid News:
Now, July is filled with CD releases~! “Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA Arcade- Original Song Collection” and “EXIT TUNES PRESENTS Supernova3” will both be released on July 7th.
Also, an important notice. Concerning next week (#145)’s upload: due to certain circumstances affecting the uploader, next week’s upload will be moved to July 13th (Tuesday). Please take note of this.
[Furthermore, from #146 onward, uploads are planned to be late at night on Mondays.] (Keep in mind ‘late at night’ in Japan means ‘middle of the day’ for Americans.)
Well then, here’s the rest of this week’s ranking, from 31 onward.
I think there are still some trolls on the loose. I’m normally not this paranoid, but if this is supposed to be retribution, people seriously have got problems. Maybe this is a side-effect of short-summers.
…And so with that, we end this week’s Vocaloid Ranking review. Please join us again next week.
7 thoughts on “VocaRan #144 – Three Billy Goats Gruff”
I noticed earlier in the week that Cendrillon also got a lot of points (on the nico rankings), though it was not included in the weekly Vocaloid Ranking for some reason. Unlike last week, there's not really any excuse or explanation for most of the bumps.
why urotander is there? and the no.9, they were the songs that have always a position in every week, in the last place off course. i think they have some sort of special treatment by the editor.
Correction: Someone needs to give Minakata Laboratory enough capital to start an online anime series. Hachi can do the soundtrack.
Well whoever it is, there needs to be a wad of cash thrown in their general direction.
Whoever it is, there needs to be some cash thrown in a particular direction.
I don't care if Urotander was there because of troll, I still love that song… It's been a while since I saw Kaito in the ranking too (not to mention he got two songs this week).
I'm surprised that Baker's new song didn't make it into the top 10… Instead Disruptive Diva coming outta nowhere… Not like I mind that~