There’s actually a lot of stuff going on in the UTAU world recently. There’s the Marble compilation CD coming out, there’s The UTAU M@STER, we just had the Ritsu festival, Yufu’s day is coming up, as is Towano’s official birthday celebration, and there’s Anone Diary… I think it’s a good time to be an UTAU fan.
…Unless you depend on me for your UTAU news. Then… well… you should probably find a more reliable news source… though to be fair, it wasn’t my fault that I disappeared this ti-*shot*
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UtaRan.
As we enter July, the warm days continue, and it appears UTAU events are happening both in and out of niconicodouga. To help beat the heat, please enjoy these various events~!
The beginning of the summer events, “Ritsumatsuri”, resulted in a lot of songs being uploaded. With that, this time the number of pickup songs is twice the usual. We hope you enjoy.
-Editors: deztora, vio, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【ＵＴＡＵ/ デフォ子さん】雨ときどきコーヒー【オリジナル曲】 – <no comment>
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【健音テイ】ｓｈｉｎｅＲｏｃｋ【オリジナル】 (Down from 9) – Aww, Shine rock falls so bad this week. Well at least it was still on top 20 for its last week.
- #19: 「WALK!」波音リツオリジナル (NEW) – How did I miss this song?! This is like, right down my alley, seriously. The beat and.. pff.. I fail. Lurk harder, vio. Lurk harder.
- #18: 【UTAU+MMD】UTAU 萌えモデル26人で『コヨコヨ★ロマンティックナイト』 (NEW) – Was this like, in the ranking a couple weeks ago? Or atleast something exactly like it… Yeah; they’ve been doing the Western thing, where they just take existing music and motion data and plug-n-play. Makes me… exasperated.
- #17: 【UTAU】 コドモインザランドオブアイオーン 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – The vocals are way too loud… Interesting name (Sakizaki Coldheart or Sakiko), interesting design… interesting UTAU.
- #16: 【UTAUオリジナル曲】June Bride【PV】 (NEW) – What a calm song; Really pretty and nice after the last one. As expected of one of my favorite Ps.
- #15: 【健音テイ】 ロミオとシンデレラ 【カバー】 (NEW) – And here’s another Tei cover.. Next?
- #14: 【波音リツ】罪と罰【UTAUカバー+PV】 (NEW) – This song sounds familliar, but.. Haha, I’m terrible. Wow, I forgot this song existed… Cool PV.
- #13: 【健音テイ音源配布】 フラグ★ブレイカー 【BRS替え歌】 (NEW) – Run Len. It’s in your best interests… An… answer song? To BRS? What?
- #12: 【UTAU】 月と少女 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – It’s okay, but it could be better. It’s just… missing something.
- #11: ゆっくりに本気で 『君をのせて』 を合唱させてみた (Down from 6) – First time I’ve actually not minded listening to Yukkuri.
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #33: 【波音リツ】Fly away【オリジナル】 – So Ritsu is like the Luka of UTAU, right? Pretty much number two in popularity?
- #41: rainy diary(UTAU/amaga elu) – Anone diary 10days – This is a really cute sounding song, but the extremely high notes could be without… I think that’s typical of mia子’s work, though. Also, everyone check out Anone Unknown! Girl power, yeah!
- #54: 【根音ネネ】空と憧憬【オリジナル】 – Oo, eerie sounding! Do like. A lot of Nene songs tend to be, sometimes without intending to. Poor Nene-chan. ^^;
- #66: 【波音リツ】色のない柵で作られた檻【UTAUオリジナル】 – Another one to add to my DL list. I’m draw to dark sounding music with the hint of Japanese folksong or whatever you’d call it in it..
- #79: 【UTAU】迷子のマリア【重音テト】オリジナル – <no comment>
- #90: 百花繚乱【櫻歌ミコ連続音】 – This actually my first time hearing her voice.. Pretty pleasant. I know, I was surprised too.
- #96: 【UTAU】 オリジナル曲 LOVERS 【貴野ユキ】 – Oh, this is cool. Go Yuki!
- #124: 【UTAU】electelectroLB【蒼音タヤ】 – I like the beat and the image is really.. fitting. タヤ！久しぶり！！
- #151: 【白鷺めろと・柊歌月・型破ルト】ウラリストランテ【オリジナル】 – Melot? Is that Melot? Anyway, nice trio. I feel bad… I only recognize ルト.
- #161: たいくつなおんがく – What an adorable voice!
- #6: 【MMD】W.I.M. 振付で「宣戦布告」【健音テイ】 – Like this song, don’t like the model too much. It’s not a real Tei model… I’m still waiting for one too. And the WIM dance? Why??
- #5: 【MMD】UTAU 三人娘のDream Fighter(これが最後) – <no comment>
- #4: 13hm – Hammer+Tei; We all know who’s gonna get beat to an inch of their life…
- #3: 【MikuMikuDance】七音幼子配布動画【UTAU】 – This UTAU and her perfect image for her voice. I really like her.
- #2: 【吹っ切れた】重音テトのおちゃめ機能を踊ってみた【おしゃれ関係】 – I’m hoping the guy in Pink is doing what he’s supposed to, and not messing up. Well the video still got uploaded to NND, so I guess it was…
- #1: 【トークロイド】ボーカロイドたちの日常28『めーちゃんの思い出』 – These vids never fail to make me laugh. (Except for the one where Len was dying…)
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【KAITO& 穂歌ソラ】夢みることり【カバー】 (Up from 15) – I’m amazed at how Sora manages to sound next to Kaito. Their voices do sound really good together. Soraaaaaa! <3
- #9: 【穂歌ソラ】 51cm 【UTAUオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Soraaaaaa! <3
- #8: 【波音リツ】 催涙雨 【-オリジナル-】 (NEW) – Ritsuu~ Stop having so many good songs. It’s not fair to the other UTAU. Hey, if
she’s got the voice, then…
- #7: 【健音】全てのVOC@LOIDに宣戦布告【テイ】 (Down from 1) – Wish someone would upload a karaoke version. =/
- #6: 【UTAUM@s】時報女で「空」【一部連続音】 (NEW) – Ohh, this is UTAUM@STER? I don’t get what that is still.. Uh, I believe this is actually an UTAU made from the voice of that girl from the im@s games… THE UTAU M@STER is actually its own event now, like THE VOC@LOID M@STER.
- #5: 重音テト新音源『エクストラライブラリー』で歌ってもらったデモ (Down from 4) – <no comment>
- #4: 【MMD】Dream Fighter ～UTAU三人娘～【UTAU】 (Up from 7) – This is amazing. I am seriously just… wow. I love it.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: You know, there are cases where the UTAU cover is way better than the original… number 3 is one of those cases.
- #3: 板東英二も吹 っ 切 れ た っちゅうねんっ！【UTAU替え歌】 (status) – …The torture.. why, why, can’t this go away? I like Ochame Kinou, and this IS torture. X_X
- #2: 【UTAU】Puppenspiel 【テト・テッドオリジナル曲】 (status) – Such a bossbattle-sounding song. I’m not a big fan out that loud high-pitch keyboard sound, or whatever that is, otherwise this is a pretty solid song. Again, it’s not bad, just… something’s missing. I don’t know what, though.
- #1: 【UTAU】時報女の声を抽出してみた（その1） (status) – That pudgey Japanese guy killed it for me. Not gonna lie. I giggled a bit, but still. I don’t care for this at #1 at all. I’m with you on that. What the hell happened to 13km? It was new last week, had about 30K views left, and it should’ve been number one (last week it should’ve been number one as well, but that’s neither here nor there)… how bizarre.
- ED: 【波音リツ】drive- R【-オリジナル-】 – I can never decide if I actually like this song or not! Every time I decide I like and I go to download it, I decide against it at the last second… hrm.
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s information corner. First is a commercial!
That was a commercial for the Minorine Towano birthday celebration. The details can be found at the Minorine Towano community. Be sure to check it out~ (community ID: co342437)
Next is the new voicebanks section. This week we have seventeen new VBs to share. Since Sakiko was in the ranking, here are the other sixteen.
Aen (read Zn) Kazune
Mimo (no specific reading given for the surname)
Nightmare (…apparently [orz])
Morine Wafu (original video was deleted; here’s the new version)
(I’m leaving out the last one, since it’s not an UTAU.)
Pretty lax week in terms of Tei’s presence. I was expecting more, but no, generally well rounded this week. Thanks for reading my idle chatter!
All right, my turn. First of all, if you haven’t already done so, check out the Marble crossfade and LiveP’s song トイキイト. If you’re wondering what the heck this is, think of it as like the Christmas album that miki debuted with– a lot of Ps using the UTAU Shirataki Ito for this CD.
Second, for those wondering what the heck Anone Unknown is, it’s a circle bringing together female creators, and Anone Diary is their first project. Since mia子’s involved, I’m excited to see more from them in the future. Check out the site. It’s awesome.
Third, it might be a good idea to check out Towano as well– I know most of you guys have probably never heard of her, but her voice is phenomenal, and she definitely deserves some love. And of course I don’t need to tell you the same for Yufu, since we all know how awesome she is already… =D
Well, I believe that’s it for this week. Tune in in… a… approximately two days to see a new UtaRan article! (I’ve seriously gotta get a real schedule hammered out…)