Weekly UTAU Ranking #87 – The one with the surprises
There are a couple of good surprises in store for this week. For one, the legendary UTAU producer 耳ロボP returns! Will his new song land on top? Most definitely, but where exactly is still TBA. Also, the UtaRan debut of the star of the Marble CD collaboration project, Shirataki Ito! Will she make it to the top as well? With ライブP’s awesome skills at work, the answer is again a sure-fire yes. And in a twist not even Shamwow could predict, Aster is back! …Again!
-clears throat for a second- Please excuse me for a second.
UTAU [email protected]
…Okay, back to the review.
But what about the rest of the ranking? And which song will come out on the very top, in the number one spot? Well… why not read the rest of the article to find out?
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UtaRan.
As a part of The [email protected] [email protected], The UTAU [email protected] will open next week. Since this is the first time for this event, it’s very exciting~ To everyone who’s going to be there: I hope you have fun!
Also, we have a notice for the well-known “Natsu wo UTAwaseru” festival for the UTAU producers from Ameya-san. For this year, we’ve made some changes to the rules. Please visit Ameya-san’s blog for the details: http://utau2008.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-400.html.
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, vio, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【海歌シンオリジナル】GRAY…【UTAU】 – Pretty chill, and suitable I guess. Pretty…boring.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【Ｍａｃ音ナナ】(The Love) isn’t FLAT【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I normally don’t really like the Macnes (then again they’re hardly ever used well), but this song is pretty good. Ah, I loved this song and it’s weird vocals. …Picture > actual song
- #19: 【UTAU】はやぶさ-Welcome Back Version-【カバー】 (NEW) – Oh, wow. Really pretty! Rook and Ritsu play off each other very nicely./span> …for a second that sounded like Meiko and Kaito WTF
- #18: 【UTAU】時報女の声を抽出してみた（その1） (Down from 1) – Ugh, this.. I have no words. WAIT WHAT
- #17: 【UTAU】波音リツに『カナリア』を歌ってもらった【りつまつり】 (NEW) – Another pretty song by Ritsu! Don’t get me wrong, I love Ritsu, but he’s always hogging the spotlight. Ritsu is best with epic songs like this.
- #16: 【UTAU】時報女の声を抽出してみた(その２) (Down from 5) – VIPPER CHORUS YES. (And they actually used the correct alphabet song. Japanese people get the rhythm wrong a lot…EXCEPT THAT LAST PART.)
- #15: 【MMD】凛として咲く花の如く【重音テト・カバー】 (NEW) – IS this new? I’ve seen this same video before, except Teto had on a different outfit. B( AHUAGUDAUHAU I love this song! I used it myself the yesterday! But Teto doesn’t seem to fit, for some reason. Whoa whoa whoa. You do know Teto’s cover of this is like an UTAU classic, right? Plus, listen to the original song: I think her voice does fit. (The song’s easy to find: it’s on pretty much every bemani game series now…) …that’s a weird model, for sure. But…ah, this song…
- #14: 【りつまつり】ほめりっちゃんファンタジア【[email protected]@ster祭り4】 (NEW) – Because Homeharuka wasn’t freaky enough. Stop ruining Ritsu!! WAIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT
- #13: 【７/６】「悪ノワーム」【MTG替え歌】 (NEW) – MTG… in my UtaRan…? It’s more likely than you think. I wish.. I knew these lyrics. …what the hell is this? I can tell there’s something very, very wrong…
- #12: 【UTAU】メランコリック【春歌ナナ】 (NEW) – Nana-chaaaaan <3 Ugh, I don’t… like Nana’s voice at all. Bleh. Okay, well, you and I can no longer be friends. That’s all. …doesn’t look like Nana. I don’t particularly love or hate Nana’s voice, but with a bad song, Nana can get really annoying.
- #11: 【UTAUカバー】UTAU三人娘+1で「ルパン三世メドレー」 (NEW) – I rather like these. They may not be originals, but they’re done well. And Papa bear is always great. WHAT IS WITH THESE 3 UTAU GIRLS AND BEAR CHORUSES …soft-n-fluffy was right. You are in a bad mood. Take a deep breath…
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #21: 旅する森、流星の名前(UTAUオリジナル) – Not bad… Quiet. Lonely, but bleh.
- #26: 【UTAU】短冊ラブレター【桜音ミリ・春歌ナナオリジナル曲】 – Nana-chaaaaaan <3 Maybe this would be better without Nana! *shot* *puts gun away* What? You were asking for it. B( …Miri? Who’s this?
- #30: 【UTAU× 巡音ルカ】Connect【オリジナル】 – Interesting PV and.. beat, Since I hardly heard any real singing. That’s いるーP for you. Trippy songs; trippy style. EPILEPTIC SEIZURES YES
- #102: 【雪歌ユフ】あさごはん【オリジナル】 – Is that Yufu mixed with Character Generator and LipSync? Whut?
- #128: ちょこレイン – This UTAU has a nice voice… I’m glad I’m getting to hear more of her. I don’t know this voice, but it’s really pretty. I dunno who this is but the song is very nice.
- #9: 【VOCALOID・UTAU】 ハトマメ ~Say Hello To The World~ – Very… message carrying? …This is an existing song I know it. AH! You got that feeling too!? It’s not just me then!
- #8: 【UTAU】時報女の声を抽出してみた（その３） – Okay seriously, I love you for your talkloid series, but I HATE these videos! Cut it out!! omeone explain to me what this is. It’s torture, that’s what it is.
- #7: 【ウタマス】白滝イト「Marble Music」【クロスフェードデモ】 – Want a preview of the tracks on the Marble CD that’ll be available at [email protected]? Here it is! I love Ito. <3 Ohh, This song is awesome! You mean the preview of the song as part of the crossfade, which is what this is, right?
And actually, that song’s a cover……?
- #6: 【MMD】 テトさんじゅういっさいでストロボナイツ – MORE TRIPPINESS YES
- #5: 【吹っ切れた】重音テトのおちゃめ機能を踊ってみた【おしゃれ関係】 – I’d rather watch the cute girls dancing to this song. Wait, does that make me gay…? No, it’s not just you. I think it’s because the guys are weird and they aren’t bishies (then I’d go for the bishies). Like that Limone cover of this song. OHHHH YEAHHH. Okay then ^^;
- #4: 【重音テトさんアニメ】テトテトさん・第２重８音・海いくよ – One of these days I need to sit down and watch this entire series. One of these days. What lovely pictures. I giggled. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF lulz
- #3: 【ウタマス】Graduation from Lie クロスフェード【重音テト】訂正版 – Another CD I definitely want to buy… Teto album? That’s what crossfades are for… to make you want to spend more money… Awesome song…It’s all UTAU [email protected] promotions now…
- #2: ショートアニメ「デフォ子のひとコマ」（UTAU）; – I saw this one racking up the points earlier in the week. inaphon, you’ve done it again! <3 I thought it was MMD at first, then when Defoko popped up I realized, oh this is animation! Really nicely done. Not fond of the drawing style, but it sounds funny.
- #1: 【合唱風味で】鎖の少女【初音ミク×重音テト＋波音リツ】 – Their voices blend remarkably well. CHAIN GIRL CHORUS YES WHY CAN’T THIS BE ELIGIBLE FOR NORMAL
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【７/６】「緑、甲鱗様、氷河期にて feat.ゆっくり」【MTG替え歌】 (NEW) – Okay, really now? Yukkuri whut. Don’t ruin my favorite Haruhi song! えぇ？なになに？
- #9: 【重音テト】The Phantom Thief of Princess【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I saw this one when it came out. Could be better, but still pretty good. I’ll probably end up downloading it. That Teto looks pretty cool.
- #8: 【波音リツ強連続音】貴方に花を 私に唄を【UTAUカバー】 (Up from 24) – Good to see this up! It’s great song. Awesome song yes
- #7: 【初音ミクAppend・雪歌ユフ】ゆめのなかゆめのなか【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Append and Yufu sound strangely good. Did you see the mia子 song with Miku(dark) and Yufu? IIRC, the name was Mukou. It’s also very good.
- #6: 【重音テト】 禁断の理は絶望の吐息の中に 【PV付オリジナル】 (NEW) – This song would be epic and perfect, if it weren’t for the fail chorus English. D: Oh, this song is also really nice in terms of beat and PV. Teto in
- #5: 【白滝イト】 トイキイト 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – And here it is!! I love this song so much. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- #4: 【鏡音リン・重音テト】 ザレゴト 【-オリジナル-】 (NEW) – Not bad, but could be better… The chorus clip played here makes it sound better than the whole song does, to be honest. Rin and Teto awesomeness
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: The first appearance of Kumono Tsuki? Also, one of my favorite magnet covers appears, a song I’m actually unfamiliar with(!) in second, and the cute-sounding parody song remains number one. Unsurprising… I recognize none of this! Really? Not even Sayufu magnet? It was all over youtube… [/exaggeration]
- #3: 【UTAU/ 重音テト】 return 【オリジナル】 (NEW) – It felt kind of… boring. I don’t even think I listened to the whole thing. No disrespect intended to the master of UTAU originals, but I am saying it doesn’t have that… hook that all of his other songs do. Still nice, though. I don’t know about this song.. It’s really slow and not in a good way, for me anyway. …bleh boring
- #2: 【波音リツ】 催涙雨 【-オリジナル-】 (Up from 8) – Better than I originally thought. I guess Ritsu (strong) is perfect for rock, huh? Yay! This is number two this week. It’s so good and full of momentum and ughhh. Just awesome. You’re looking quite seductive there Ritsu.
- #1: 【健音テイ】13km【FULL】 (NEW) – I actually… prefer the shorter version. So the other 13km wasn’t full? Or is this just a more long PV? I dunno. But I still don’t care for this song. That cucumber. It makes me cringe and cower. The return of Tei. This needs a translation. I’ll do the short one, but I don’t feel compelled to translate the full version… >_>
- ED: 【雪歌ユフ】aquaplaster 【オリジナル】 – I hate it when people set Yufu too high… Bleh…
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s information corner. First up is the new UTAU voicebanks. There were 27 new voicebanks uploaded this week, but since Shirataki Ito was in the rankings, here are clips of ten of the other voicebanks. (The rest of them are listed in the mylist (mylist/20042195), but weren’t shown in the video. For my sanity, I am only transliterating the ten shown in the video. I apologize for any inconvenience. -dez) WTF DID SOMEONE NAME THEIR UTAU “Cruel Angel Thesis”? WTF? I have to say, I wondered about the exact same thing… kids these days…
Moune Ruu (educated guess)
Inane Inaneinaineinanenaine (…SAY WHAT)
Kakune Reki and Okune Zeta
(My electricity went off randomly while I was working on this article, and I lost the document [that I foolishly didn’t save beforehand] that had all the romanizations listed, so I lost them before I got to copy them over to this article. I really didn’t want to have to search for them all again. If you spot any errors, please feel free to point them out. I’m very tired. -dez)
These weeks rankings were kind of jumbled around in terms of UTAU in which place and genre. I think other videos shouldn’t have been where they were though, for sure. (When is this not the case?) More deserving videos need to be on the ran, plz. And so ends this week~
Yeah, I’m back…I got nothing to say. A rather bleh week not counting the UTAU [email protected] WOOOOOOOOOOT and the crossfades…
Good song selection this week. Lots of great originals, a few really good covers, and a few surprises– I honestly forgot about the long version of 13km coming out, or else I wouldn’t have been surprised at it being number one. I was kind of hoping Toikiito would score a bit higher than it did, although at least it got into the top five… I think it’s already plateaued, though, because I don’t see it getting a lot more points after this. We have a new Ito song to watch for in next week’s ranking, though, and it’s REALLY awesome. Look forward to that. <3
One huge surprise for this week was 耳ロボP’s return. I know I didn’t see it coming… then again, I didn’t see もそもそP coming back for two more UTAU songs before quitting UTAU forever either, so I guess I’m not a very good UTAU prediction reader. >_> The song, while not bad, doesn’t feel exactly like it’s up to his normal standard of quality. It’s nice, but that’s it. It’s nice. It doesn’t get stuck in your head, it doesn’t make you wanna sing along, it’s just kind of… there. But maybe that’s what he was going for. Either way, I’m just glad to know that he’s not quitting the UTAU game. Yet. There’s still time. I probably shouldn’t jinx it, but oh well. WHAT COULD GO WRONG.
Anyway, look forward to next week’s review. Barring a sudden onset of laziness/depression, I’ll be here again to bring you the best in UTAU coverage. Until then~!
5 thoughts on “Weekly UTAU Ranking #87 – The one with the surprises”
Wait… What's [email protected]? omo
If you're familiar with The [email protected] [email protected], it's the same, except for UTAU. If you're not… it's basically an event where Vocaloid– or in this case, UTAU– producers come to peddle their wares. It's an UTAU only event! ^^;
Here's the link: http://ketto.com/utau/
I love the rock songs. Ritsu really fits in #2.
About #1… I liked more the short version, oh well.
Tei had almost no songs this week. I guess it's still too soon but it's starting to seem she isn't going to be very popular for a VIP Utau.
Thanks for another traslated week of UTAU rankings.
You're welcome, and thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. ^_^
I foresee Tei having a lull in popularity before popping back and becoming prevalent again. Or maybe she'll be kind of 'quiet' popular, like Ruko… Maybe for Vipperloids, it goes hit -> miss -> hit -> miss. Who knows… like I said, I'm not a very good UTAU predictor. (^^;)a
YESSS. YESSSSS. I made it to #34. /happy ; u;