Weekly UTAU Ranking #90 – It’s that time again
In case you haven’t been hanging around Nico Nico recently, it’s time for another round of the MMD Cup. This is especially good news for UTAU fans, since MMD Cup entries often employ UTAU models, thus giving them more fame. In case you forgot, “All Starts Are The ‘M'” won TWO judges awards in the last round of the MMD Cup– and it did pretty well in its own right, too. What will the 5th MMD Cup bring to the table? We can only wait and see… or, if you’re proficient with MMD yourself, you could make an entry of your own. Just throwing that out there.
But enough of that. Onto the ranking! This week as well, from number 20, start!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UTAU ranking.
It’s August now, huh… Every day is hot and humid. But in the midst of that, the “Natsu wo UTAwaseru (Let Summer SING) Festival 2010” voting has begun. UTAU system creator Ameya-san is voting on it. Everyone, be sure you go to vote too! The URL: http://utau-synth.com/natu2010/index/cgi
Also, it seems the uploader’s considering a second “Let’s vote on songs we like and make an album video!” project. We’ll talk about it here if we finish the preparations. Keep an eye out for it until then!
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, vio, Aster Selene, Holocauxt, Bunnychan
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【重音テト】金平糖の季節【オリジナル曲】 – Urgh. Thanks for reminding me why I used to hate Teto. It’s really cute, though… This shouldn’t amuse me as much as it does. …Bleh. I don’t think much of this.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【重音テト】 gozengoji 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Oh, that’s why this looked so familiar! Another Teto song used the same picture. I like this one better, though. The music overtakes her voice a little, but other than that, I enjoy it. So I wasn’t the only one to recognize the picture!
- #19: 【kuusっぽいど】キットスキッパー【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Don’t know who this is, but I will find out, fun song. The head – star – wait – wait what?
- #18: 【UTAU】 『A』のキセキ 【重音テト(31)オリジナル曲＋MIDIアニメ】 (NEW) – I keep expecting something to pop out from the right.
- #17: 【UTAU+MMD】UTAU萌えモデル32人で『チヨチヨ★ロマンティックナイト』 (NEW) – GRAAAAH DEZ SMASH I’m no MMD expert, but isn’t this just more of the same? A more “robotic” and bouncy use of UTAU.
- #16: 【重音テト】 帰り道 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – I don’t really have anything to say about this, but I’m bringing attention to it because I like it. Nice and smooth. I copy dez’s comment.
- #15: 【千早ミクと桃音モモで】淋しい熱帯魚【ねんどろいど風】MikuMikuDance (Down from 11) – GIMME THOSE MMD MODELS. NAAAAAAOW.
- #14: 【UTAUリレーで】ニコニコメドレー「いろはかるた」(松組)【音源紹介】 (NEW) – AAAAH I love these. <3 Hare Hare Yukai love~
- #13: 【APヘタリア】ぽち君的な何か…【捏造歌？】 (NEW) – Its cute, but thats about it. Oh this is Hetalia it’s cu- I’m bored.
- #12: 【MMD】デフォ子とモモさんにBad Apple!!を踊ってもらった【途中2】 (NEW) – Color me highly amused. CUTE CUTE MMD CHIBI THINGY BAD APPLE YES
- #11: 【KAITOおにいさん】ニャホニャホタマクロー【重音テトおねえさん】 (Down from 1) – As cute as Kaito and Teto are, there’s something unsettling about this. Teto going “nya”=cute. KAITO going “nya”=”lulz.” Put the two together and you go “awww.” Teto’s a 15-year-old girl! Don’t marry her Kaito, she’s too young! …Think you’re referring to the MMD vid, not this one…?
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #22: 【月代はくぽ】 サマースノー 【オリジナル】 – Talk about an UTAU I didn’t expect to see again…! I’m pleasantly surprised. …Who is it? An UTAU who appeared, then disappeared, then reappeared again with this one song.
- #35: 【筑紫野スイム】 コールドループ 【オリジナル】 – Suimu’s getting pretty popular. What is her name exactly? I like her voice a lot. Chikushino Suimu, according to my research. Suimu, yes, and indeed a very nice voice. Thankies~!
- #36: 【UTAU】 あいのうた by 軽音がお 【オリジナル】 – <no comment>
- #74: 【UTAU】 Atu on iramizah [デフォ子]修正版 – I like it, but… wha… Uh, Defoko looks nice with long hair?
- #110: 【UTAUオリジナル】SPEED STAR【楓歌コト】 – I knew when this came out it would end up being a pickup. Shame; I kinda like it. I LOVE KOTO! And this song. GET PICKED UP NEXT WEEK PLEASE (uses magical Paradichlorobenzene-resurrecting powas) It seems we’re all fans of this song. Maybe it will get picked up~ ^^; *crosses fingers*
- #6: 【MMD】 健音テイ紹介動画 – Another Tei model. …Yippee. Tei needs a nice model. Anyone up for grabs?
- #5: おちゃめ機能付きとうもろこし – Wha… what… what the… …. LULZ Hirasawa… Yui… eating. Nice?
- #4: 【代々木公園】おちゃめ機能オフ【吹っ切れた】 – *breathes sigh of relief* Oh, that’s better. I would totally be in on this if I could. Oooh! Let’s make one!! *is a total odotte mita nerd* I WANNA JOIN LET ME DANCE WITH THEM I’ll cosplay as Hana. I just decided to start a group. You can dance with us! 8D
- #3: 【MMD】 ねんどろ Dream Fighter 【UTAU】 – Great motion in this one. Definitely well choreographed. You guys… this motion data’s been out forever. The PV version from a few weeks ago was nice because it was different, but the only thing this one’s doing differently is it’s using those weird nendoroid models… Not a MMD expert >.> Maybe I just really like the models.
- #2: 5月22日の桃音モモ【桃音モモお誕生日動画】 – Whut…the…hell?
- #1: 演奏できるスーパーファミコンを作ってみた – Okay, this is impressive. I’m not 100% whats going on here, but I like it. I saw a large string of wwwwwwws. This must be amusing in some way…
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【UTAU&ボカロ】Crisis Call【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – This is… amazing work. Such perfect harmony in the chorus… I love it. The Engrish can be forgiven here. Engrish is awesome when done in the right way. Like remember Akuno-P misromanizing “Twilight” as “Twiright”? FAIL. FAIL, man.
- #9: 【重音テト】夢跡【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 32) – Kino-saaaaan! Nothing too crazy here, and thats okay. Definitely very dramatic.
- #8: 【重音テト】霞桜と､君に｡【オリジナル曲・PV】 (NEW) – And again… Kino-saaaaan! Its okay, but its not jumping out at me. Ehehe… most of Kino’s work doesn’t. It’s just… run-of-the-mill good. *shrugs* Oh, another “in love with vaguely brown-haired guy”…
- #7: エナメル戦隊ニャンコろいどテスト (Down from 2) – The cuteness, it burns ussssss~ Has anyone found a download link yet?
- #6: 【VIPPALOID】ワールズエンド・ダンスホール【カバー】 (Up from 8) – How did I miss this one last week?? It sounds great. I feel like I missed it too! But in reality I think I just didn’t care about it that much. >_>; VIPPA CHORUS. OHHHH YEAH.
- #5: 【チャージマン研！】モチ代！！【キャラソン作ってみた】 (NEW) – You guys are going to think I’m crazy, but this reminds me of this old Korean movie I saw that was half live action and half animated… it was trippy as f*ck. I don’t remember a movie like that, but yeah, Korean movies get trippy. Well, to give you an idea, my sis bought it from the $5 DVD bin at Wal-Mart… yeah.
- #4: 重音テトがDIVA2に出ない愛のテーマ (NEW) – …brain…bleach? Do I even want it?
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: AAAAAH #3!! Hold on, I’m nostalgia-ing. Also, the first appearance of crayon-Yufu? #2 IruuP <3~ 2 is creepy. ‘Creepy’ is not normally the word people use for いるーP’s stuff… IruuP is amazing. Period.
- #3: 春香ロイド はるかっかにしてあげる♪【HaRuKarnival ’10】 (NEW) – I’m intrigued, but also annoyed at the usage of a song I’ve long since grown to hate. Theres something about the voice that might sound odd to most, but I actually like it a lot. WHO THE HECK IS THIS? *facepalm* Oh lordy lordy lordy…
- #2: 【波音リツ】カナリア【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – Okay, I know I already did this, but I’m on twitter now and HOW COOL IS IT that I knew as soon as this was uploaded?! Very cool~ And why does Ritsu have such an amazing voice?? Ritsu song is awesome. Ritsu cover is awesome. Ritsu is awesome.
- #1: 【重音テト連続音】パラダイム【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – And absolutely no one was surprised. It’s not a bad song, but I think YurahonyaP’s Kanaria cover outweighs it in awesomeness. Great use of Teto’s voice, plus I love the illustration. Teto song…not so much. Teto original song. Just pointing it out. 9.9
- ED: 【UTAU】それが恋情【重音テト・骨津ノラ】オリジナル曲 – Teto w/ something-Nora? LOVING his/her? voice! …bleh. Sorry, I like all the odd stuff. 😛
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s information corner. First is a feature of the MMD Cup Preliminaries videos that have UTAU characters in them. We’ll present the ones that had enough points to make the top 20 ranking.
#5: 【第5回MMD杯予選】鳥の詩_from_D.T.M.R. – <no comment>
#4: 【第5回MMD杯予選】ウッターマン – Might be funny, but other than that…
#3: 【第5回MMD杯予選】おちゃめ機能【MMD-PV】 – Ochame Kinou the drama? I’d watch it.
#2: 【第5回MMD杯予選】ショートフィルム「グルグル」【テト＆ミク競演】 – Now THAT’s what I’m talking about!
#1: 【第5回MMD杯予選】KAITOの新婚生活【テト、結婚編】 – <no comment>
There are lots of videos being uploaded for the MMD Cup. If you haven’t seen any yet, be sure to check them out~!
Next are the new voicebanks. But before that, because we missed them the first time, we are including Sumeragi Hikaru and Zetsuchoukan Yami this week with an apology. There are 19 new voicebanks this week, so with the previously mentioned two, here are the first ten. You should check out the rest of them though~
Amene Rou and Dokune Iu
Anyone happen to know why 27 was taken off? It was last week’s number three… I thought it was awesome (in case you somehow couldn’t tell). And I didn’t get to download it yet… Maybe it’ll be put back up later with an improved version or something.
Search to find a way to buy [email protected] CDs continues. I’m thinking of just asking the Ps directly involved over twitter. The knowledge that that couldn’t possibly end well is the only thing preventing me from trying it. ^^; Phfft, if you find a way to get the Marble album, let me know! I know, right?! There’s three websites you can buy it from, and all of them refuse to ship international. ARGH! *headdesk* *cries*
Not a mind-blowing week, but the “Ochame Kinou” craze seems to be (finally) calming down (I like that song, btw). I’m expecting a raise in MMD videos for the next little while (The MMD #2 video looks promising, can’t wait to see the full video), but I also hope we get some nice originals (and more Ruko, Koto, and Tei, please).
Well, that’s all for this week. Join us next week, and *insert obligatory warning against tracing here*
6 thoughts on “Weekly UTAU Ranking #90 – It’s that time again”
Man, I totally wanted #22 to be in the top 20, but I guess it's good enough that it's included as a pickup.
And I don't get the appeal of the videos like #17. Even the singing's normally not that good either.
I like how each week there are a lot of "NEW" songs in this ranking.
Hmm, but I think it was a normal week, some good songs but none epic (at least for my taste).
That's because of a rule specific to the UtaRan that says that a song can't be in the ranking for more than two weeks. =D
I agree, no totally epic songs this week (though the Engrish one does come close).
I totally did a doubletake upon seeing #2 as new, because I remember finding a Ritsu cover of the same song a few weeks back. And sure enough, when I searched it, I found… http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11266332
Submitted on the third of July. Am I confused or was THIS cover also in the ranking at one point?
TBH, I noticed the same thing, and I was wondering if the version that's #2 in this ranking would be counted. Although I listened to both and they sound identical, and I think the only real difference is the PV in the second, I guess if ゆらほにゃP made even slight changes to the song in the new version, then it counts as a 'new' song, and thus gets counted in the UtaRan.
It is kind of cheap, but hey, cosMo did the same thing with the long version of Hatsune Miku no Bousou, taking away the number one spot from GUMI. Might as well work in favor of something good for once. *shrugs*