Weekly UTAU Ranking #92 – Moving right along…
I had something here about how I shouldn’t use this space to rant about my personal life, but then I ended up without computer access for the better part of a week for no real reason (except perhaps that the universe doesn’t like me anymore), and I realized something. A couple of days ago, I busted out my PS2 and decided to see which game I had in it, and play it to pass the time. The computer was occupied, so I couldn’t work on anything, so I thought, why not?
The game was SSX3. All right, I thought to myself. I can continue my quest to get platinum medals. Well I played and I saved and I played some more– after the second save, I realized that the name I had used to save my progress was ‘deztora’. I didn’t start using the name deztora until I signed up with this blog, since my other online handle was sort of well-known in other parts of the internet. That meant that I began playing my copy of SSX3 after I joined the blog.
I began playing my copy of SSX3 quite a while ago.
It made me realize that it’s been a long time since I joined V-ism. It’s coming up on a year, in fact– I joined in October of last year. It’s been wonderful; everything– from feeling like I’m a part of something big, to getting to pretend I’m a real translator, to feeling immensely stressed out over minor things, to getting to pretend I’m a real journalist– every part of being a member of V-ism has been great. I wouldn’t ever give it up willingly, although I would gladly step down as translator if someone who actually knew what s/he was doing happened to volunteer for it full-time. TL;DR… I love you guys. :’D
But enough of all that. Time to rock out. (Hey, do you think Jim Morrison is actually dead?)
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UTAU ranking.
August is already over half over, huh. Did everyone enjoy the extra holidays last week?
This weekend the final selection for the 5th MMD Cup begins. Even as the super-hot summer continues, it’s going to be really fun♪
As we mentioned before, the second “Let’s vote on songs we like and make an album!” project is happening! The voting begins on August 21st (Friday). Be sure to check it out♪ URL: http://a-sanutau.sakura.ne.jp/
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, vio, Aster Selene, Holocauxt, Bunnychan
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【ぱむ】ぱむうた【UTAUオリジナル】 – Very adorable. Pamu… one of my first UTAU, actually, back when she first came out. Ah, memories. 8D Pam, a beloved of mine~
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【重音テト連続音】相対評価【オリジナル】 (Down from 9) – Huge drop, it only barely made it this week… …But it’s still good and if you haven’t listened to it yet you should give it a chance. Yes. Quite.
- #19: かぎあな、かざあな、かざりあな。／ほのか鳴オリジナル（UTAU） (Down from 10) – Still awesome. Also, mia子’s two for two this week! See her Teto song in the top ten? -PV whore-
- #18: 重音テト – 空の上 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – …You can hardly hear Teto, but other than that MAJOR flaw, this is pretty good. Pretty… substandard.
- #17: 【UTAUオリジナル/PV】New Voyage【海歌セン・シン】 (NEW) – The voices work really well in this one. I don’t care for it. Whichever one is the higher-pitched one sounds pretty bad. Oh, this is Sen… huh… better than I expected.
- #16: 【UTAU】 NLちゃんねる 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Teto’s face! XDD Teto looks odd in this one
- #15: 【波音リツ】ミリしらロミオとシンデレラ【ブレス込再Mix版】 (status) – Ritsu love~ Would you call this a parody? I guess it’s along the lines of Magnet-Freedom… Parody normally implies it’s mocking the original, so I wouldn’t. It is kind of like Magnet-Freedom, though, I think.
- #14: 【雪歌ユフ】 FUTURE DRAWING 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Beautiful song. As much as I like this, the picture creeps me out a bit. For some reason.
- #13: 【雪歌ユフ・巡音ルカ】 タメイキカウンタ 【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 6) – What is up w/ the recent swarm of Yufu songs that I actually like?! Haha, you can’t escape the awesomeness of Sekka Yufu! Give up now! I just noticed it says “Yufu Sekka (fluffy) with UTAU”. Fluffy? I imagine it’s their translation of ふわり.
- #12: 【UTAU V系風連続音音源配布】炉心融解(Hard-R.K.mix)【響 震路】 (NEW) – A new UTAU? I like his voice. Agreed. Superb editing I must say, very well-tuned to this remix. Potentially better than Rin’s (I’m sorry, but that Rin version is way too screechy for me). However… I can tell the voicer is from overseas. It’s pretty obvious. Really? Sounds authentic to me. You don’t listen to a lot of VK, I’m betting? ;D
- #11: 【重音テト】 もうカモとは呼ばせない!! Ｂ Ｗ 【493体並べてみた】 (NEW) – LET ME SHOW YOU THEM! UTAU remains obscure, but this is known even to the ones who know little to nothing about Japan.
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #38: 【重音テト】夢叶わず【UTAUオリジナル曲】 – Not bad, but not really good either. Teto is bleh with high notes.
- #50: 【実音とわの】人魚の夢【オリジナル曲】 – I’ve heard Towano sound so much better than this. If you listen to the whole song, though, it’s pretty interesting. Is that a jellyfish?
- #55: 【UTAUオリジナル】Futopica【翔歌トリ】 – Oddly catchy. Agreed! I can barely hear the UTAU… Hey, it’s not as bad as 16 at least…
- #60: 【蒼音タヤ】ナツウタ【オリジナル曲】 – Ohai Taya, long time no see. Seriously. Where has Taya been hiding? It’s been forever.
- #83: 【UTAU】オリジナル曲－ケンカ記念日【和音マコ】 – Mako!! I think they pitched her voice too high in this one though. Makooooo! One of my lost loves~
- #5: We are POP☆HAMMER!（モデル配布） – What the….? WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THESE HAMMER REMIXES WHAT IS WITH ALL THE CRUISE CONTROL
- #4: 【MMD】ミクさんとテトさんに踊ってもらった【教えて!!魔法のLyric】 – I like this look on Teto. WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THESE NEKOMIMI FETISHES SEE NUMBER FIVE
- #3: 【描いてみた】UTAU三人娘【アニメ風】 – I can spend hours watching these videos, so this one will kill some minutes of my life later. Hey, I know this pic! Lol. WHAT IS WITH THESE RECO- wait what? What, you’ve never seen an egaite mita vid before?
- #2: 【大誤解MMD杯本選】重音テトの凸待ち相談室-2枠目-【私オンリー】 – WHAT IS – what is this? What the heck?
- #1: くにおくんのヘヴィメタル – Not quite sure what this has to do w/ this UTAU…. I imagine Yufu is the one making all of the noises in the background (UTAU sounds very instrument-like if you use it for purposes other than voice). Good call on that. I agree.
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【UTAU】重音テトの暴走(LONG VERSION)【カバー】 (Up from 17) – Still loving this cover. It’s hard to make this song sound good to me. It will forever be the song that unfairly stole Yowamushi Mont Blanc’s number one spot. Good editing, at least.
- #9: 【重音テト】Clap your hands～オリジナル曲【UTAU】 (NEW) – *bounces head* The song… it’s really nice, but… ugh… that error… the worst possible… >_>; Okay. I know. That HAD to be intentional. Look at the video name. Seriously this is the worst place to mistake “l” for “r”, and it was probably for the lulz.
- #8: 【UTAU】 言葉落ちるまで 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Not bad, but not great. VIPPER chorus…minus Tei
- #7: アイスクリームマシュマロクラウド／重音テト（utauオリジナル） (NEW) – Very nice. And here’s mia子’s second! The two vids were released like a few days apart, too. …Art is pretty but song is bleh. …I’m THIS close to making ‘bleh’ an NG word from now on. Don’t make me turn this car around. >:(
- #6: 【だてっぽいど】まさむ音サマがUTAU『ローリンガール』【戦国BASARA】 (NEW) – Not really liking this one at all. ._. Again, isn’t this illegal, technically? -goes to find the godly other UTAU covering this song to remove the scars of this one-
- #5: 【雪歌ユフ】baby light【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Yufu, stop crawling in under my skin w/ great songs!! Ah, it’s 毎夜P, it can’t be helped. He is truly a god among UTAU producers. *fangirls* Yufufufufu~
- #4: 【雪歌ユフ】CRAWL : PP’s Quiet dub Mix【カバーRemix】 (NEW) – I should just give up and give in, shouldn’t I? YESSSSS GIVE IN TO THE YUFUUUUUU Yufufu…again? Indeed. She -is- a popular UTAU.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: #2 all the way!! And number one… can’t forget about inaphon. 8D Was Yukkuri like, just released or something? IIRC, no, she was out way before than that. I think it was just a coincidence.
- #3: ゆっくりに本気で『ブラック★ロックシューター』を歌わせてみた (Up from 4) – I still don’t get this whole thing, but huh. *shrugs* Yeah, me either. Combination of Yukkuri being popular (look up Touhou if you don’t get it) and the anime just having been released.
- #2: 【重音テト連続音＋初音ミク】モザイクロール【UTAUカバー】 (Down from 1) – Wow, only one spot drop? Wow, still up here, huh? At least it’s not number one… Hey, the original song just hit a million.
- #1: 白滝イト オリジナル曲「LIGHT MY FIRE」PV (NEW) – YESSSS!!! This is great and now my second fav Ito song (after UtsuP’s). Ito…someone I have never heard of before OTL I’m going to ignore that comment in favor of saying way to go Japan! They acknowledge the greatness of The Doors! Rock on! Anyway, again, as to be expected of the masters (death ohagi/yurahonya/kagomeP).
- ED: 【白鐘ヒヨリ連続音】Collapse【UTAUオリジナル曲】 – Me liking, very well done. I remember when this came out, too… duuuuuude. -deleted for being an NG word-
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here is this week’s information corner. First up is the new voicebanks section♪ But before that, we’re including Souhoku Teru/Ten this week with an apology, since we missed them the first time. There are 13 new voicebanks this week, but since Hibiki Shinji was in the ranking, here are the next top ten, ordered according to points. You should check out all of the new voicebanks, though~
Kakita Teru (I think?)
Azairo Zi and Cing (I guess?)
Hibanane Chiyoko (Aster would like everyone to know that she is the one who made the video for this, because it wasn’t shown on the UtaRan clip.)
Blank Shou and Senne Ruri
(I omitted one of the videos– Riru– because it was blatantly a pitchloid.)
Can I mention that Googling Ito’s full name pulls up lots of noodle stuff and that amuses me to no end. Anyhow, not a bad week and I’m happy an original song got the number one spot. Hopefully Ito will become a common face on the UtaRan. Also, can anyone help me with this out-of-nowhere love I now have for Yufu? I’ve never much cared for her before but lately… This isn’t healthy. >.>
This week had a ton of Yufu…I dunno why, but I got nothing against it –shrug-
Indeed. More Yufu is always good because it balances out all the Teto. But I digress. No surprise at what was number one this week, although I have to say I’m surprised 毎夜P’s newest song only made it to number five. I hope it goes up in next week’s UtaRan. I also hope Light My Fire doesn’t tap out and fall off in next week’s ranking; it’s still a really awesome song, and it’s about time something from Marble got number one. Still looking for a (somewhat inexpensive) way to buy the CD… *sigh*
Anyway, that’s it for this week. Join us again in approximately… *glances at calendar* three days for the next UtaRan. See ya!
2 thoughts on “Weekly UTAU Ranking #92 – Moving right along…”
Why do you think you need help? Yufu is love.
Wow, so many Yufu… can you remember back when there was a yufu drought?