SP5… Where are you? ;_;
Oh, and uh… Happy Halloween…! I guess…
Naho’s Opening Statement:
Good evening everybody, it’s time for VocaRan.
When this week will be over, there will be only 2 months left before New Year’s Eve.
Uwa~, it’s already time to make plans for the end of the year…
This week marks Iroha-chan’s entry!
What kind of things will this not-cat-like young woman with a bewitching voice show us?
And now, the exciting ranking!
This week too we’ll start from number 30. (translation courtesy of kurisuto)
-Editors: Holocauxt, DTKel, Joe Mello, deztora, rebecca, redemtion2, GreenSage, descent87, bunnychan
-Song Stats: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- #30: 【初音ミク】カロン【オリジナルPV】 (↓28)
- #29: 【初音ミク】トップシークレット【オリジナル曲PV付】 (↓6)
- #28: 【初音ミクDark】 glow 【オリジナル】 (–)
Interesting to see this back, its a VERY relaxing song though. Agreed, lovely song.
- #27: 【GUMI】 チクリと 【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
This type of GUMI tuning always sounds to pleasant on the ears. Amazing tuning.
- #26: 【GUMI＆ミクオリジナル】 「全力失踪。」 (–)
Whoa out of the blue? Any reason why?
- #25: 初音ミクオリジナル Project file KVLR (!!) Run of this mill stuff, but in a good one. AVTech delivers usually. Tyvm for saving the any subbers time by doing the romanization. I love AVTechNO!~
- #24: 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失（LONG VERSION）」 (↑50)
Always welcome on the charts. Why, hello there love.
- #23: 【鏡音リン】アンチクロロベンゼン【浄罪系洗脳ソング】 (↑24)
- #22: 【巡音ルカ】 stoy. 【オリジナル】 (!!)
I like the rap+original version the best, but KAITO sounds amazing here.
- #21: 【KAITO】ローリンガール【本家ver.カバー】 (–)
Remixed hip-hop version was better.
- #20: 「歌に形はないけれど」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (→)
- #19: 【GUMI】４時４４分【オリジナル】 (!!)
164’s guitar is always killer, not 100% in love w/ GUMI’s tuning here though.
- #18: 【初音＆鏡音】 Knife 【至高のミクスチャー】 (↓8)
- #17: 初音ミク・巡音ルカ オリジナル曲 「ワールズエンド・ダンスホール」 (↑25)
- #16: 初音ミク×巡音ルカ オリジナル曲「マスターオブパペッツ」PV (↑21)
- #15: 【GUMI】モザイクロール【オリジナル曲PV付】 (→)
- #14: 鏡音レンオリジナル Darkness Six (!!)
Voice is too muffled for my tastes. More AVTechNO!? Sign me up~
- #13: 【KAITO】鈍色空に花吹雪【オリジナル】 (!!)
Ah, the kind of songs that Meiko and Kaito always make epic, love it. This does seem like the best genre for them.
- #12: 初音ミクのちょっとアレな曲17 秋の夜長にワガママを -Full ver.- (!!)
Oh Deadball and his unique style. But having heard all of his songs this kind of thing is starting to bore me.
- #11: 【初音ミクオリジナルPV】黒いつばさ【フェイP×ハツ子】 (!!)
Artwork is nice, but nothing is really blowing me away in the song.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【猫村の姐さん】骨とブラジャーすっぽんぽん【アキバヲタジナル】 (!! @ 112)
- #10: 【初音ミク】エゴロジスト【オリジナル曲】 (↓5)
Don’t know why I didn’t say this last week, but I love how the lyrics are placed in the vid.
- #9: 【初音ミク】 ショットガン・ラヴァーズ 【のぼる↑・オリジナル】 (↓1)
Yeah figured this didn’t have staying power.
- #8: 猫村いろは「ネコネコ☆スーパーフィーバーナイト」【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
Ooooh boy~ I can hear Mitani Nana coming from a million miles away… Nevermind, OH BOY HERE WE GO~!!! Man I’d been wondering what samfree was going to name this one. “Neko, Neko, Super Fever Night” it is. I like it. Nana is nice and all, but Kouhei’s version is where it’s at!
- #7: 【オリジナル曲PV】マトリョシカ【初音ミク・GUMI】 (↑9)
Know what makes this song more epic? Owata and cosMo singing it.
- #6: 【初音ミク】 アイマイナ 【オリジナル】 (!!)
I’ll be honest, I did a double-take when this video popped up.
- #5: 【初音ミクappend】トラベリングムード【オリジナル曲】 (↑23)
Heck yeah, glad this moved up. So touching.
- #4: さあ、どっち？ (↑59)
Catchy. Sounds alot like “Solution” (yes, the songs aren’t at all related, i know) Great song to get a bump.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: (WVR #107)
This spot is for a look back at the VocaRan one year before. Here are the top five songs from that week.
- H5: I have a Velcro wallet… Miku hates me. ;_; Music vid for this is totally hilarious, although perhaps yandere Miku would should have appeared at the end or something.
- H4: A yes, one of my favorites. Its been a year? This song never stops sounding so sad.
- H3: <no comment>
- H2: Love this song.
- H1: <no comment>
- #3: 【初音ミク】はじめてのドレミ【オリジナル曲】 (–)
I like it, but must figure out what is going on. Great sounding song. As for it’s story, apparently the producer here wrote this song as a “thank you” to a producer who produced a single special song (he doesn’t say who though, I think). It’s very touching.
- #2: 【初音ミク】ネトゲ廃人シュプレヒコール【ボトラー】 (→)
Still digging this song. It’s too catchy.
- #1: 【初音ミクDark】 crack 【オリジナル】 (!!)
Heck yeah, AppendDark topping the charts. This is so beautiful. I doubt this is the kind of song that will have staying power though. But who knows, its very very well made. Miku’s Dark Append sounds amazing here. I hope it sticks around for a while.
- ED Song: 【初音ミク】 幸せになってね。 【オリジナル】
In Other Vocaloid News:
That was this week’s number 1!
With the NicoNico Daikaigi 4 opening this week, it seems a lot of off-line events will be held.
First, the biggest Vocaloid-only doujin convention in the Chuubu region.
“Vocaloid Paradise 4” opens October 31st.
“M3” will also open the same day, in the Kantou region. It is held since more than 10 years ago as a doujin convention specialised in works based on sounds, and will of course feature Vocaloid, but also musical arrangements of Touhou and other games, instrumentals, works, and dramas among other things. It will indeed be an event full of “sounds”.
If you attend the doujin convention, please show your manners.
Especially for the M3, which is very different from other doujin conventions in part because of its ban on cosplay and its numerous trial listenings. Please read carefully the rules mentioned in the catalog, and behave properly.
And now, this week’s number 31 and under. (translation courtesy of kurisuto)
Is it just me, or is GUMI on the rise lately (inb4 slowpoke)? Anyways… I’m still waiting for SP5 to come out, if that’s news to anybody. Maybe next week? Seriously, wouldn’t it be nice to have SP5 talk about? For an uneventful week (aka lacking some big new hit) this was a pretty solid line up. New Gumi stuff was good this week but actually it was surprising slim pickings for her in terms of new stuff. And no new Rin of significane, surprising. #1 deserved it IMO, “Crack” is a very solid song. Until next week!
I’m sad samfree’s new song didn’t make the top five like I was hoping it would; but then again, it only had a few days, hopefully next week? Definitly a heavy Miku week though.