It’s December now, which means ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS! The first vocaran of December means that christmas songs will not be on here… yet, but I have seen songs popping up on NND that have a christmas theme. This is a time for giving, but it seems like this vocaran does the opposite with the amount of blue in it. Yes my thoughts too, but Snow Miku is a wonderful gift! Thank you 闘うクレリックさん!
Naho’s Opening Statement:
It’s time for this week’s VocaRan!
While Hayabusa, the train dubbed “Hatsune” because of its colour, will start operating in the Tôhoku Shinkansen lines, it seems low atmospheric pressures too have come at high speed… The Winter rain is cold, isn’t it? But regardless of how cold it is, let’s stay in our warm rooms and watch VocaRan! This week too, a lot of new songs have made it into the ranking. Without further ado, let’s watch it!
What’s that? This week we’ll start from… number 30! Well, as usual.
-Editors: Pengy, DTKel, Holocauxt, deztora, descent87, bunnychan
-Translator: <Not completed yet>
-Song Status: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- #30: 【がくぽ・キヨテル・KAITO】ニホンノミカタ -ネバダカラキマシタ- (!!)
Uhhh…. what? XDDDDDDDDDDDD Well at least Kiyoteru got smuggled into the rankings this way.
- #29: 【巡音ルカ】Blackjack【オリジナル曲】 (↓26)
Surprised at the staying power for this song, its brief but good.
- #28: 【初音ミク】 秘密警察 【オリジナル】 (↓14)
The more I listen to this one, the more I like it. MIYU! (there I did it too)
- #27: 【初音ミク＆巡音ルカ】Distorted Princess【オリジナル】 (↓21)
#8Prince’s clean and simple “PV” style always looks cool and almost all his songs are very good. I recommend Sweet Devil for sure.
- #26: 【鏡音リン・レン】人間失格【オリジナル曲】 (↑30)
- #25: 【GUMI】弱虫モンブラン【オリジナル曲PV付】 (↑37)
Yeehhh, it’s back!! Looking forward to the Marina cover of this when I get his next album, Love-Lost Elegy won me over where GirlDeMo couldn’t.
- #24: 【鏡音レン】SheSaw Day【オリジナル】 (!!)
Ohwow, amazing tuning. Lol both “non-famous” Len songs I now like involve him with wings (Boy with White Wings is the other), great voice work.
- #23: 【鏡音リン】銀の少女 – awaking mix – 【150Pオリジナル】 (↓20)
- #22: 「キャットフード」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (↓12)
- #21: 初音ミク・巡音ルカ オリジナル曲 「ワールズエンド・ダンスホール」 (↓17)
- #20: 【初音ミク】Memories【オリジナル曲】 (↑60)
How did this not make it to the top 30 last week? Very, very nice. Happy it got a bump. Heck ya! I was sad cause this was the best of SmileR’s recent releases IMO, all are good though.
- #19: 【GUMI】リトルエミーと星の手紙【オリジナル曲PV付】 (!!)
Chibi Gumi (sorta), not drawn to this much, maybe subs will help?
- #18: 【野球替え歌】とある日本の職業野球 OP【うた：猫村いろは】 (↓10)
Oh Japan, oh Vocaloid, creativity continues to emerge from places you never though possible. Baseball players/Railgun/Vocaloid fusion is win. An interesting way for Iroha to get a hit.
- #17: 歌手音ピコ「闇色アリス」【公式デモ】 (!!)
samfree+new vocaloid=amazing as always I’m actually surprised the official demos are on here, thought they might not be allowed. Anyhow, Piko’s voice sounds great. Like VY1 and unlike Lily and Iroha (no offense) this demo really makes me look forward to future works, hope it stays popular.
- #16: 【初音ミク】「サイノウサンプラー」【オリジナル】 (↓7)
- #15: 【GUMI】モザイクロール【オリジナル曲PV付】 (→)
Hey I can’t complain, I still listen to this about 5 times a day myself…
- #14: 【巡音ルカ】DYE/Re:flection+【AVTechNO!×Treow】 (–)
Everyone should know why this popped back in the top 30. The original is such an amazing song. Fight the machine AVTechNO! Man I really hope the songs are back soon, and this is good too.
- #13: 【初音ミク】 流星サウンド 【オリジナルPV】 (!!)
Pretty art. The voice is unspectacular but good, a little surprised it is this high.
- #12: 【新番組】聖ボーダーニーハイ学園へようこそ☆【鏡音リン×GUMI】 (!!)
This is adorable~ Dare I say, Kawa**!!! This is a Vocaloid pairing you don’t see often, and this time it is win.
- #11: 【オリジナル曲PV】マトリョシカ【初音ミク・GUMI】 (↓9)
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【初音ミク】幻覚ラビット【オリジナル】 (!!)
You can feel the emotion well enough. The PV and song pair nicely.
- #10: 【初音ミク】 ヤベーばれちゃった 【オリジナル】 (!!)
Kind of catchy. This vibratos are nice here.
- #9: 【巡音ルカ】Jest of Six【オリジナル】 (!!)
That illustration…. Nice. Luka-nee can be a bit intimidating…good song.
- #8: 【巡音ルカ】 Thunder Girl 【オリジナル】 (!!)
There needs to be more like this and UtsuP’s works.
- #7: 【巡音ルカ GUMI】 ハッピーシンセサイザ 【オリジナル曲】 (↓2)
Still love it. Can’t get this one out of my head, like most BETTI songs when they come out. So happy and the lyrics are quite touching.
- #6: 【巡音ルカ】fake or fate?【オリジナルPV】 (↑8)
Moving up huh? Interesting, but it is sorta nice? or not?
- #5: 【初音ミク】 能く在る輪廻と猫の噺 【オリジナル曲PV】 (!!)
Not bad. One of the voice styles that really suits Miku.
- #4: 【初音ミク】非実在青少年健全育成法【オリジナル・PV】 (!!)
I laughed and enjoyed this video. 2 PV’s I seen by this illustrator/animator now. A refreshing and unique Miku for sure.
THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: (WVR#113)
This spot is for a look back at the VocaRan one year before. Here are the top five songs from that week.
- H5: Too new of a fan to have seen this one, being new to me I like it. Reminds me of “Lady in the Singing Room” by Miku.
- H4: This one was pretty good. Its nice, Luka isn’t naked right? Or is she? That part is a bit odd.
- H3: LULZ. Excellent outfit Len is wearing, cool drawing.
- H2: This really shows GUMI’s realistic capabilities. GUMI is amazing here. I have always found this song to be very moving and meaningful in a way (And I haven’t even watched Bakemonogatari). The live-action PV (not Gumi) has some awful acting but still gets the point across too. Uber realistic GUMI here.
- H1: Why is this song so catchy??!! Ah classic Hachi, or more like a song that started making Hachi classic.
- #3: 【初音ミク】 からっぽのまにまに 【オリジナル】 (↑11)
Nice jump. Miku sounds different here and I like it. You’re right. While this isn’t a favorite of mine, I have great admiration for artists who tune Miku in a way that sounds nice while still jumping out at you. Harder to be unique after all this time but this does it.
- #2: 【初音ミク】むかしむかしのきょうのぼく【オリジナル】 (↓1)
Man, that ice cream gets me every time. Can’t wait for the new album later this month~! Same! Album is gonna rock.
- #1: 【GUMI】ポーカーフェイス【オリジナル曲PV付】 (!!)
Very interesting and creative video. I like the song too. Great thematic art here. Gumi sounds great. I might like this even more than its namesake. Actually I do!
- ED Song: 【鏡音レン】唄ウ機械【オリジナル】
Rare to see Len selected for ED. Most of his songs don’t fit, but this one does.
In Other Vocaloid News:
That was this week’s number 1! Piko, the singer coming from NND, now has his own Vocaloid! But will his voice range be as large as his?
“VOCALOID2 – Code name PIKO ‘Piko Utatane'”, by Ki/oon Records. Release date: December 8th.
“Among the Piko Utatane songs, apart from official demos, only the videos that have been uploaded on December 8th 2010 or later will be taken into account for the rankings. Furthermore, the songs produced with the trial version won’t be taken into account. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
As for Piko songs, please see the above. It’s a must-read for those who aim for the rankings.
Well then, let’s start from number 31.
Not alot moved up this time, its mostly just new songs and songs that have dropped down. The release of the demo of Piko is interesting, but we won’t see any songs other than the demos that samfree has created due to Sony restricting the use of the trial.
Yeah, a lot of blue this time (though 15 stayed right in the same spot!). But there were a good bit of new songs as well. I’m still sad Iroha has been pretty scarce in the Rankings, I wonder if the same thing will happen w/ Piko?
Yeah might be almost a record for blues this week. But it might have to do with a good number of excellent songs that got released in past 2 or 3 weeks. Glad to see that Deco*27’s newest work remains popular. I would like to see someone do a GUMI cover (Deco*27 will?) of Love-Lost Elegy, I’m sure that would make it into the rankings. My personal opinion on Iroha’s lack of popularity has to do with the lack of good voice work by her so far from artists. Even what has made it into the rankings so far almost always has a catch (aka joke song, Anime OP cover, samfree character track). Hope something good comes out soon. YV1 on the other hand almost always sounds great but I guess the lack of characterization hurts “her” in the community perhaps? I have a good feeling about Piko . Assuming people don’t get irked by this early PR stuff there is alot of potential there. Can’t wait for the start of Vocaloid Christmas song season!! That Snow Miku pic is now my background for the moment, love… Here is Doriko’s Mikkuri Sumasu to set the mood! Have a good week everyone!
…And so with that, we end this week’s Vocaloid Ranking review. Please join us again next week, and enjoy your December.