Weekly UTAU Ranking #116 – Loading Woes
Sorry this week’s article is late; one reason is that the video itself was uploaded late this week (the uploader had some issues), another reason is that I’ve been busy, and lastly, I’m having a TON of issues loading NND videos for the past while. But thing happen and you get past them, so now let’s continue on, shall we?
NAMI‘s OPENING STATEMENT:
Hi, it’s time for the Weekly UTAU Ranking!
Apparently, this video is a revised version… but there are still typos! That’s why I always say it should be checked thoroughly before it’s uploaded! Anyway, let’s move on.
As you probably know, it’s been announced that “Black Drill Digger” will be released as a 3D anime! Yes, you heard right, 3D!
It will be a more than 30 minutes-length 3D anime featuring UTAUloids, based on the following concept: “What if Kasane Teto played the character of Black Rock Shooter?”
Together with Yumeno Mikan, Nigamon, and BudouP who participated on the “Teto de Black Rock Shooter Tsukutte Mita” MMD video, many other distinguished members will also be part of the project, like MurataP, Hechiko, TanitaiP, and SourouP for instance.
The details about the production will be announced on the official blog, so stay tuned! You can also read the specifics of the story on the site. So, what will it look like? It seems we’ll have to continue following the official site; we’re not done being all excited about the new announcements! And I can’t wait for Teto’s birthday!
Well then, let’s start from number 20 to 11!
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt, Bunnychan, Pokénatic
-Song Stats: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- OP: 【重音テト】閃光のカドルヴェイン【オリジナル曲】
☆WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【大和内庵】ROUND【UTAUオリジナル曲PV】 (!!)
- #19: 【UTAU 真白結菜(男声版)】ソウル・フラワー・ユニオン 青天井のクラウン (!!)
- #18: 【鏡音リン・波音リツ】 月とライオン 【オリジナル】 (↓3)
Awww, bad drop.
- #17: 【戯歌ラカン】獅子の夢【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
*crocks head* Uh?
- #16: 【UTAU】帰り道(化物語まよいマイマイOP)【重音テト連続音源】 (!!)
- #15: 【重音テト】 Ride a sled 【オリジナル曲】 (↓1)
Another bad drop, but still a good song.
- #14: 【UTAU】 Seeyou, GAIA 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (!!)
- #13: 【UTAU】 Farewell Song 【欲音ルコ♂2.0(demo)】 (!!)
Ruko’s male VB is getting an upgrade!! S/he sounds amazing~!
- #12: 【MMD・UTAU】ねんどろ風テトとデフォ子でマトリョシカ(今度は動くよ) (!!)
- #11: 【重音テト】RETURN TO THE LIFE【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
☆THIS WEEK’S PICKUPS
- #21: 【UTAU】SUPER★GIRL -charming remix-【夢茶ちゃむオリジナル曲】
I like the voice tuning here.
- #22: 【重音テト】sing out【オリジナル】
Hope this gets bumped, it’s good.
- #24: 【重音テト】そんなに好きって言ってもらいたかったら【オリジナル曲】
This one too, it’s LOVE!
- #26: 【UTAU+ボカロ】Judy【オリジナル】
- #28: 【UTAUオリジナル曲】時間旅行【重音テト】
- #29: 【雪歌ユフ】冬の空に祈る【オリジナル曲】
Yufu LOVE!!! God, I love her voice.
- #33: 【UTAU：猫苺まう】すがきやスーちゃんの歌【音源デモ】 (NEW VB)
- #50: 【UTAUカバー】指切り【Mura音源配布】 (NEW VB)
Not a bad voice.
- #52: 届くわけないジングル
- #71: 涙
- #78: 【重音テト】僕には何もできない【オリジナル曲】
- #87: 英翠韻作蓉オリジナル曲「宵闇千年樹」【連続音】
☆WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【魔王エンジェル・オリジナル曲】Originate【UTAU三人娘】 (!!)
Very, very nice.
- #9: 【豆音コヨオリジナル】アイリス【連続音源配布】 (!!)
Also very nice; I love whisper VBs.
- #8: 【バンドロイド】僕が卵をユデマショカ？フルver.【マトリョシカ】 (!!)
- #7: 【UTAU】天音ルナに「こっち向いて baby」歌って踊ってもらった【カバー】 (!!)
I think out of all the recent spam of these, this one is my favorite.
- #6: ミク・ネネにオリジナル曲28「あめをゆかにしいて」 (!!)
This is good, but it’s grabbing me for some reason.
- #5: Positive light-重音テト おりじなる曲 (↑55)
Lovelovelove the tuning.
- #4: 【UTAUなの？】M&B-W アルナイワリサイタル（おまけもあるよ） (!!)
☆TOPIC: 6TH MMD CUP
We’ll present some of the UTAU-related videos that were uploaded for the 6th MMD Cup preliminary contest. This week, we’ll see the 5 videos that got the most points among those that weren’t featured in last week’s segment. Let’s watch them!
- #5: 【第6回MMD杯予選】ご教示下さい
- #4: 【第6回MMD杯予選】教えて!! 魔法のLyric 【UTAUカバー】
Defoko cuteness overload~
- #3: 【第6回MMD杯予選】仮面ライダーデフォーズ
- #2: 【第6回MMD杯予選】『グライダー』PV【重音テトオリジナル】
The full version of this one should be good.
- #1: 【第6回MMD杯予選】デフォ子の幸が薄いようです
- #5: 【MikuMikuDance】アノマロ式テトでこっち向いてBaby
- #4: 【重音テト×巡音ルカ】フェイタルワールド 手描きPV
Really nice PV!
- #3: 桜才電鉄開発日記第3話
Not really sure what’s going on here, but I love the song.
- #2: 【モデル】ルコ達にマトリョシカ踊ってもらった【テスト】
- #1: 【MMD】こっち向いてBaby【波音リツ】
Six year old males sure are stacked nowadays…. Must be in the food.
☆THIS WEEK IN HISTORY (Weekly UTAU Ranking #64)
- H5: 【波音リツ／”強”連続音】Bad Apple!!【UTAUカバー】 – <no comment>
- H4: 【UTAU】UTAU三人娘で「エレクトロワールド」【MMD】 – <no comment>
- H3: 【UTAU】Pane dhiria【重音テト】 – Great cover.
- H2: 初音ミク×雪歌ユフ／向こう（オリジナル） – Beautiful song.
- H1: 【UTAU】波音リツ”強”連続音配布／ラビリンス（鏡音リン曲カバー） – Has it really been a year since this released?? Wow.
- #3: 【重音テト】シーラカンス【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
Interesting video. Great song too.
- #2: 【UTAU+MMD】右目と梟雄のBad Apple!!+α【戦国BASARA】 (!!)
Well-done video, but I couldn’t help but laugh the entire time.
- #1: 【初音ミク・雪歌ユフ】 日常鎖飯事 【オリジナル】 (!!)
Love this group’s stuff!! They did very interesting things to the voices here and it works really well.
- ED: 【波音リツ連続音】The Last Train【UTAUオリジナル曲】
Good Ritsu song.
NAMI‘s ENDING NOTES:
As you’ve seen, this week’s number 1 was “Nichijousahanji”, a Sekka Yufu and Hatsune Miku duet. Congratulations!
It’s the 3rd most popular video in the history of the UTARan, and is the first non-Vipperloid song that got more than 10,000 points, so it’s really a crushing number 1! We’ll see if it’ll go on like this next week!
Well then, let’s see number 21 to 100, as well as the extra ranking number 6 to 25.
Bunnychan: Had my Sansa on random the other day and FUTURE DRAWING by FALLP feat. Sekka Yufu popped up and I remembered how much I LOVE that song. The beat and simple lyrics and the tuning of Yufu’s voice make for one impacting song.
Been a rather hectic and crazy week for me. It figures when I had the free time this week the Ranking wasn’t uploaded and it does upload I’m busy for the next while. *sigh* Ohwell, life happens, but I’ll try to get the article out as timely as I can. So, this week was decent, Ruko’s male VB demo being my top favorite (sorry, big Ruko fan here). Number one is a great surprise, Sime-Saba Twisters has made some of my favorite UTAU works. I’m curious where it will land next week.
Ohyeah, and the BDD announcement at the beginning? This was my face – > :DDDDDDDDDD
12 thoughts on “Weekly UTAU Ranking #116 – Loading Woes”
Like I said in my VocaRan comment, number one is romanized as Nichijousahanji. It's a play on 日常茶飯事 (which means "everyday occurence"), but with 鎖 instead of 茶. However, 鎖 can also be read as "sa", which is why the wordplay works.
Also, I believe Future Drawing is by Fall (ふぉーるP), right? I only mention this because I just happened to download the song the other day, and I thought transliterating the name into kana when giving him a P name was a neat idea.
Thanks for that information, I have edited the article to have the correct name.
Is his name read as Fall? I read the hiragana as "Fuuru" as I'm no expert at Japanese, so I'm never 100% sure on the P names a lot of the time.
His name IS Fall. (Or, FALL, since it's all capitalized.) When giving him a P name (because "Still Alive in Love" was *just that awesome*), they took his handle and put it into kana, resulting in ふぉるP (I wrote it wrong before, this is what the NND tag says).
So, yeah. ^^; Oh, there's also 掘るP, but I like ふぉるP better.
Ohh, okay, thanks for explaining that!
Hello Bunny-, notice that ふぉるP uses ぉ, not お therefore ふぉ should be read as "fo", not "fuo". Now this is quite peculiar, I have been studying Japanese for almost one year and I have never seen hiragana used to write the extended sounds. フォ is quite common, but ふぉit's the first time I'm seeing it !
Now if someone can explain me the play between 日常茶飯事 & 日常鎖飯事 …
It's little things like that that make studying Japanese very difficult for me. I know very, very little and what I do know is self taught, so I'm sure I make a lot of errors and I would much rather someone to point out my mistakes so I can learn, so thank you very much.
I think the most interesting part of the top ranking is its unusual metric! The phrases elongate a little more than usual, making it sound odd, but fitting. Aldso uses 7/4 measures and 4/4 together! I mean, that is not common in everyday music! My congrats to them!
Haha,日常鎖飯事 topped the UTAU ranking as predicted ^^ I wish it will also stay a second week on the Vocaran.
I enjoyed this article! Thank you for posting it. I always enjoy watching the rankings! 🙂
heh, i never actually got into UTAUloids at first, but this has kind of "opened the gates" and released the kraken. Can't wait to see what teto will look like as BRS (hopefully, we'll get a better ending than the last BRS)
p.s. #13, was that a guy or a girl? o.O
Ruko is both male and female, but that song was using his/her male voicebank.
Yokune Ruko is a hermaphrodite and has a female and male voice bank. The video for number 13 is demoing the ver. 2 of the male voicebank (the female VB got a new ver. a little while ago).