A special project is being organised to celebrate the 2nd Vocafes: the “Everyone’s Vocaloid Project”, sponsored by Yamaha. Just submit your original character’s illustration, and if you’re lucky, it will become a new Vocaloid! Follow us after the break for more info.
A dream come true: not only did the users get to create new media using Vocaloid, now they’re in charge of the characters’ illustrations as well! You have awesome design ideas, but you’re insecure about your artistic skills? No problem, as, according to the Vocafes website, they’re primarily looking for uniqueness and personality.
By the way, do you like lists? No? Too bad!
- everyone can participate, no matter where you live or how old you are. If you’re minor, though, your parents or guardians must read and agree to the rules.
- you can submit several works, but only one character per submitted work.
- you can already submit them. Deadline: April 24th.
- the winner will be announced during Vocafes 02, on May 29th.
- the new Vocaloid is planned to be released in Fall-Autumn 2011
- the organisers of the project will take over the coyprights concerning the winning illustration, and they have the right to use any submitted work on their homepage or in anthologies for free.
- it has to be an original work, that hasnt’t been submitted to other contests or published in other sites.
- needless to say, don’t steal other peoples’ work!
- this one just because I like it: no malware accepted. You’ve been warned.
Also, note that your design will be used as the basis for the new character, meaning that some elements may not appear in the final design. As for the methods of submission, unless you live in Japan, the best way would be to use pixiv. Some rules you have to follow:
- use the official tag: ボカロ計画
- you can submit either a simple drawing or a manga, using pixiv’s manga feature. No limitation in terms of the number of pages.
- it can be any size.
- it can be colored or black and white; if it’s the former, use the RGB color model.
- resolution: at least 300dpi; 600dpi recommended.
- you have to include some information on your illustration itself (don’t forget to leave some room for that!): a simple description of your character, his/her name, and the explanation of the name.
And a last thing: “what’s the reward?” one may ask. Well, first, your character will be seen in shops and online stores, be featured in PV’s, come to be loved by fans all over the world, etc. But they’ll even offer you a copy of the new Vocaloid when it’s released! So, what are you waiting for?