VOCALOID3 Megpoid Voicebank Release Information
INTERNET’s website has been updated with information about GUMI’s VOCALOID3 voicebank update. Read on for more information.
Megpoid (more commonly known as GUMI, the character) will be released in bundles with the VOCALOID3 engine (trial and full versions). However, according to a tweet by INTERNET’s CEO Murakami Noboru, “The name ‘Extend’ has been dropped because the voices are sold separately and it could lead to confusion.” It seems the name is now “VOCALOID3 Megpoid.”
Murakami Noboru also stated that the demo and illustrations would be released at the end of September. The silhouettes can be seen at the top of the article.
Below are the different packs offered and their prices. Please note that the Tiny VOCALOID3 editor is the trial version of the software.
VOCALOID3 Libraries (with Tiny VOCALOID3 Editor)
– VOCALOID3 Megpoid Power: 10,800 yen (with tax: 11,340 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Megpoid Whisper: 10,800 yen (with tax: 11,340 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Megpoid Adult:10,800 yen (with tax: 11,340 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Megpoid Sweet: 10,800 yen (with tax: 11,340 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Megpoid Complete (all voices): 25,000yen (with tax: 26,250 yen)
VOCALOID3 Starter Pack （with Libraries & full VOCALOID3 Editor)
– VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Power: 16,800 yen (with tax: 17,640 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Whisper: 16,800 yen (with tax: 17,640 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Adult: 16,800 yen (with tax: 17,640 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Sweet: 16,800 yen (with tax: 17,640 yen)
– VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Complete (all voices): 29,800 yen (with tax: 31,290 yen)
The editor and packs are scheduled to be released on October 21, 2011. There will also be downloadable versions, but the price has not yet been decided. You will NOT need the original Megpoid software or VOCALOID2 for the download versions, however they will only work on VOCALOID3.
The original Megpoid software, as well as other VOCALOID2 voicebanks from INTERNET (Gackpoid, Lily, and Gachapoid) will be importable to VOCALOID3 for free. They are also offering discounts for VOCALOID2 users, who must register on INTERNET’s official site to receive the discount.
Sources: Hatsune MikuMiku, INTERNET Co.,Ltd, Murakami Noboru’s Twitter.
13 thoughts on “VOCALOID3 Megpoid Voicebank Release Information”
It looks like she’s wearing her regular goggles with a jacket and a different skirt for each one..
hmm, well, That’s just what I see :3
I guess when Yamaha announced the actual core program would be separate from the voicebanks, it makes sense to go this route. What I’d like to know is what is happening with Kaito, Meiko, and Luka Appends at this point with the V3 era almost upon us.
That’s a good question MrQuadrant. AFAIK CFM said they’ll stick to the
Vocaloid2 for all their VB since they could be used (imported) for free on
the Vocaloid 3 engine.
That sound like a strange marketing decision, but maybe they think that:
1) V3 voicebanks are not that better, that’s the engine which matters
2) Their VB being so famous people will continue to buy them and use them on the V3 engine.
3) The Japan market is saturated (70k Miku sold !), people who’ll buy the V3 already own their VB anyway.
Also they may be simply too busy working simultaneously on three Appends (Kaito, Meiko, Luka) and Miku English. So no time to re-release voicebanks on V3.
I can believe that they are simply too busy recording and tweaking their upcoming releases to deal with V3 directly. I sure hope the voicebank conversion is “good enough” because I thought I saw there’s a different technique to recording V3 dedicated voicebanks. Still would like to know what they’re planning with the new technology, or what their new project is beyond the CV series.
To add to that, I believe they are still working on Project If… and the confirmed male CV04.
Are Meiko and Luka’s appends confirmed? I had only heard that they were being considered along with an English Kaito if Miku’s English does well.
wow….must wait for this….
VOCALOID3 Starter Pack Megpoid Complete (all voices): 29,800 yen (with tax: 31,290 yen)
are this 31 yen or 31290 yen? if it is 31290 it will be expensive O.O around 300€
are you sure O_O? i thougt the the full version of v3 will cost around 250$
i don´t know if its true but i it sayd;
31290 Japanese Yen = 297.04 Euro
still a lot to spend