MIKUBOOK Reaches 1 Million Faves, Posts Top 20 Ranking
According to a post on Facebook, Crypton Future Media’s social networking web app MIKUBOOK has reached a stage where users have collectively made over one million “faves”. In celebration, a link visible to logged-in users drops in some fanfare before proceeding to a ranking of the top 20 songs as of the 1 million fave mark.
The top twenty as well as their current number of FAVEs by users are as follows:
- supercell feat. Hatsune Miku – World is Mine (13038)
- supercell feat. Hatsune Miku – Melt (11873)
- Otomania feat. Hatsune Miku – Ievan Polkka (11209)
- supercell feat. Hatsune Miku – Koi wa Sensou (9800)
- supercell feat. Hatsune Miku – Black Rock Shooter (9439)
- doriko feat. Hatsune Miku – Romeo to Cinderella (9364)
- Dixie Flatline feat. Megurine Luka – Just Be Friends (8662)
- LamazeP feat. Hatsune Miku – PoPiPo (8326)
- wowaka feat. Hatsune Miku – Rolling Girl (7982)
- Hachi feat. Hatsune Miku – Matryoshka (7681)
- iroha feat. Kagamine Rin – Roshin Yuukai (7112)
- [email protected] feat. Hatsune Miku – Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu (LONG VERSION) (6883)
- wowaka feat. Hatsune Miku – Uraomote Lovers (6326)
- AkunoP feat. Kagamine Len – Aku no Meshitsukai (6280)
- supercell feat. Hatsune Miku – Kocchi Muite Baby (5918)
- TravoltaP feat. Kagamine Rin – Kokoro (5860)
- wowaka feat. Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka – World’s End Dance Hall (5692)
- samfree feat. Megurine Luka – Luka Luka Night Fever (5423)
- AgoanikiP feat. Megurine Luka – Double Lariat (5207)
- ika feat. Hatsune Miku – Miku Miku ni Shiteageru (5206)
11 thoughts on “MIKUBOOK Reaches 1 Million Faves, Posts Top 20 Ranking”
Meh, that list is quite dull. But that’s not so surprizing, I guess most of the people using Mikubook are missing all the nice new and amazing songs on NND.
But let’s act: I have installed the Mikubook Chrome extension and now am liking all my favorite NND reprints, if more people do that maybe we could bring more diversity on Mikubook.
(this is descent) Actually I think that most of the new songs seem to get brought over to Mikubook via uploaders and fans, (at least what it seems like when I check every week while I post my subs), but the cataloging system and the auto-translate thing they have going on results in a categorization system that is basically nonsensical, meaning you have to rely on total chance to find anything new or interesting on there. But yeah I try to fave and promote what I can regardless, because any site helping Vocaloid fans find new things is a good thing, even if I don’t use it.
In all fairness, most of these songs are popular because of the “Miku boom” that happened on NND back when Miku was first released. Although I think Mikubook should let new videos have more powerful votes so then newer videos have a chance.
Out of the hundreds of amazing songs that are released every month by casual creators, probably only two would be uploaded to youtube. It doesn’t do justice to only post songs by famous artists with a select handful of others and neglect nearly 90% of the other songs.
However, I like the idea, and I believe that if it implements itself to NicoDouga, it could be a huge success; not only for vocaloid fans, but casual creaters, too.
Actually what would be amazing would be that CFM reprint themselves the NND submissions or use the official reprints from the authors when they have an official YT account. This way, more song would be available and most importantly they would be protected against those stupid copyrights strikes.
P.S. BTW, I think that we have a policy on Vism to refrain from using Vocaloid character names in the chatbox, the forum, and I guess the comments on the articles like these. You may want to change your user name…
Well that would be bad news to NND since it needs the view count to get money from ads, and the many artists partner with NND so they can advertise their albums and they don’t want to hurt their relations. But i think the biggest problem is that the producers feel that there’s simply not enough viewers on youtube to be worth the effort.
I am using my proxy facebook account to post, I’ll probably post with a different method next time
Yeah the name thing…but also “2” is a bit of an understatement, Vocaloid reprinters and reuploaders bring quite a bit of the new stuff two YT each month, there can always be more and sometimes I’m shocked by things I discover AREN’T on YT but its not like just Hachi and Wowaka songs are being brought over or something.
Yeah that was an understatement lol, but there is definitely a plethora of songs missing on youtube, and not just the bad ones. Possibly because many NND uploaders are banned after a while or maybe they dont find the song upload-worthy, but I would like to think that its because they don’t catch it.
Its just all the well known songs, though.
Who would post songs on youtube that arent?
This proves how vocaloid is awesome.