Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #110 – “Don’t Say Lazy”
As you all prolly know by now, the Vocaforums have been missing for almost a week now. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem for me, but unfortunately the forums also hold my generic template for making these ranking review articles (which I simple copy-and-paste for convenience). Now watch as I struggle to rewrite everything from scratch! Actually, you guys wouldn’t be able to watch… but trust me, I AM agonizing over this. If there are any noticable changes in the format from the past WVR articles, blame it all on my bad memory. orz
NOTES: History: Red = DK, Green = DT, Blue = JM, Purple = dez
- #30: 初音ミクオリジナル 冬のさくら。 (Up from 130) – First strike!!! Artillery volley outta nowhere! A jump of a hundred places in ranking? Wow…
- #29: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「ワールドイズマイン」 (Up from 41) – Looks like WIM is back… Well, I guess it’s “Welcome Back!” to one of the regular songs in the rankings?
- #28: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (Up from 29) – This is up and 「愛 think so」 is down? Is this some kind of twisted karma or what?
- #27: 【HOMECOMING】初音ミクがホラーゲーを実況プレイするようです【MMD】 (Down from 15) – <no comment>
- #26: 【オリジナル曲】雨降る街にて風船は悪魔と踊る【初音ミク】 (Down from 11) – My theory is this would do a lot better if it had a cute PV to go with it.
- #25: 「卑怯戦隊うろたんだー」をKAITO,MEIKO,初音ミクにry【オリジナル】修正版 (Up from 28) – Oh lord, why is this coming back…!? It was already sleeping peacefully away from the rankings!
- #24: 【初音ミク】1925【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 36) – <no comment>
- #23: 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失（LONG VERSION）」 (Up from 32) – <no comment>
- #22: 初音ミクのちょっとアレな曲14 脱げばいいってモンじゃない！ -Full ver.- (Down from 8) – Well, you win some, you lose some…
- #21: 巡音ルカ「ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー」【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 55) – I wonder what spurred this comeback though…? It the night of the living dead (Vocaloid songs)! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! Some epic troll necromancer must be conjuring up these monstrosities (I like LukaLuka Night Fever, btw)…
- #20: 初音ミク 「DREAMA」 (NEW) – <no comment>
- #19: 【MEIKO生誕祭2009】Change me / shu-t【オリジナル】 (NEW) – shu-tP sure knows how to greet MEIKO a “Happy Birthday!” MEIKO definitely needs more love~ And shu-tP sure knows how to make MEIKO sound great.
- #18: 初音ミク 「ナイトメア☆パーティーナイト」 (Unmoved) – <no comment>
- #17: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「メルト」 (Up from 20) – Oh. It… went up. Yay.
- #16: 【鏡音レン】パラジクロロベンゼン【破壊系洗脳ソング】 (Up from 19) – Oh, it went up! Yay!
- #15: 【オリジナル曲PV】Mrs.Pumpkinの滑稽な夢【初音ミク】 (Down from 13) – <no comment>
- #14: 【オリジナル曲PV】結ンデ開イテ羅刹ト骸【初音ミク】 (Up from 27) – <no comment>
- #13: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Up from 26) – <no comment>
- #12: 【巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル】 (Up from 25) – Did a landslide just occur, or is it just me?
- #11: 【初音ミクオリジナル】Bad Sweets (NEW) – <no comment>
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: アイドルマスター やよい 最強コミュ ぷちミクVer (#46 – NEW) – …Chibi Miku-san + Eroge game format = DO NOT WANT. Somehow, the “moe”-talk just makes it all the more creepy… It’s not really eroge, it’s [email protected], which is about as eroge as… uh. Never mind. Anyway, I thought it was cute.
- #10: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Up from 21) – I don’t care if anyone hates me for this, but this song needs to die. I can’t stand hearing it anymore.
- #9: 【初音ミク】Es〜dirty aspiration〜【オリジナル】 (Up from 22) – Well, I am not surprised that this song has risen to the Top 10 this week. Funny story, I woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head. Took me a good hour or so to remember what it was.
- #8: 【初音ミク】おなかすいたうた リメイク版【MMD】 (Down from 3) – This song plus Hachune’s dancing really cracks me up! XD;
- #7: 【ボカロオリジナル】ドリィムメルティックハロウィン【ハロウィン】 (Up from 10) – <no comment>
- #6: 【めぐっぽいどオリジナル曲】カムパネルラ【PV】 (Down from 5) – Awww, GUMI’s slipped down a spot… Hopefully it would be a really, really slow descent. Ah, currently this song is still on my replay list. Currenty, this song is on my “must sing a cover” list. I’m almost done. :3
- #5: 【初音ミク】宇宙ラジオ【PV付オリジナル←】 (NEW) – This sounds a lot like “Outer Space” by Freezepop. Not that that’s a bad thing; I really like it.
- #4: [初音ミク] ダミーダミー [オリジナル曲] (NEW) – Sounds awesome to me, and it seems like DECO*27 has been uploading a new song almost every month now. 「愛 think so」 drops off the ranking and this is what we get instead? …I am disappoint.
- #3: 【初音ミク】 鎖の少女 【オリジナル】 (Down from 1) – This song was stuck in my head all day at work yesterday…
- #2: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Up from 14) – Even since I saw Kimi ni Todoke, it reminds me of this song for some strange reason. Well, I am sure you are not the only one who feels that way. The art style might be why; it does look like it. My question is why the sudden surge in popularity? Not that I’m complaining…
- #1: 【初音ミク(40㍍)】 キミボシ 【オリジナル (Previously Unranked) – What the-!? Where did song come from!? It sounds really old… like I’ve heard it before. Hmm… a peaceful sounding Miku song with a smooth melody. Me likes. =3 Nice, but not amazing… I’d rather have Chain Girl be number one again. =/
- ED Song: 【巡音ルカ】LOVE symphony【オリジナル】 – This sounded a lot like Miku to me, so I was shocked when I saw it was Luka at the end. Good song, though.
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
“It’s true that there’s a completely new vocaloid made by Yamaha, the rumored “Vocaloid2 SF-A2 miki”, and the vocaloid is being put out by AHS (AH-Software)… the information is complicated. An announcement will be made on November 13th at ASCii.jp.
We have more news! There’s also an event this week. A Vocaloid-only event, “The [email protected] [email protected] 10”, in the display hall on the second floor of the Ikebukuro Sunshine City cultural center on November 15th.
((Now I’m not entirely sure on the translation on the first part, so if anyone has any corrections, I’m completely open to them. Long story short is we’ll most likely be getting some more information about “miki” very soon.)) ^_^
Final Thoughts: Truly, there is some epic troll messing with the flaws of the ranking system. I can’t really go into details about it, but I think it’s a rebellious response to what happened to MELTDOWN. The system desperately needs to be tweaked more. A little bit of Heuristics goes a long way for these types of rankings. On the brighter side, I find it funny that くるみ☆ぽんちお was excluded from the ranks (for obvious reasons) even though it was at the top of the NND weekly rankings.
16 thoughts on “Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #110 – “Don’t Say Lazy””
You know, you guys need a major statistical analyst on the team. What I suggest is this: I'll start tracking the top 3 for each week until it's off of the top 100, then plot the results to be analyzed by the full crew. I think our biggest problem is that we aren't tracking the data as well as we could, and just making educated guesses without any data backing it up.
Well, if you'd like to do that, feel free to do so. We could use a statistical analyst, so if you want to be part of the team just tell me and I'll make you an editor. 😀
Well, sure, if you really want to. But just like dez, I don't think I'd be posting for a week until I feel I've actually done my part towards it. I mean so far I've only done two editorials and the BoffinBot thingy. Not exactly what I would call significant contributions to the V-ism community. Hopefully I'll have some better numbers to work with off of the 111 VocaRan.
Okay, I plugged the numbers in and added them to the charts. Starting with 109 (Since the embed player makes it much easier to access) I've been tracking five entries: sm8641965, sm8613443, sm8619805, sm7528841, and sm8685012. All of these have made it into the top 3 in either 109 or 110, and for those that climbed up, I backtracked and added their entries *coughJBFcough*. I've come to a few conclusions about the oddities. Bakuhatsushiyo, which went from 2 to 50 in one week, suffered from PV-death. Someone made a PV that was way better than a static image of an explosion and switched their mylist entries to that one instead. Completely crushed the original's hope for a repeat or a higher drive. As for JBF, it looks like the main factor that it went up so high really was because of the 2m milestone. It's the first time I've ever seen comments count for 10% of the overall points, even after the spam recalculation. I'll have more information as the weeks go by. Maybe we'll be able to extrapolate some kind of trend formula to make sense of this craziness.
i think the usual trend for a "one-shot" hit song is to hit the number one spot on its debut week if uploaded early in the week, and hit no.2 to no.10 slot in the next weekly ranking(this is due to many still would listen to the song as they would just had listened it first in the previous ranking), and just slip away( 1925, puzzle, no logic, tsumi to batsu, all by miku). few songs defy this projection (mrs. pumpkin by miku, paradichlorobenzene by len, and usually this is the clue that they would still can be seen in more weeks.)
"No Logic" isn't by Miku. It's sung by Luka.
Well, the ranking system certainly isn't perfect, but it's still working well enough. I'm not exactly sure which rankings you're finding suspicious, but as with last week, I think there's explanations for most of the behavior seen this week.
– Overall, scores have gone back down in contrast to the high scores seen last week, which has allowed the long-runners to creep back up a bit.
– The #30 song was uploaded on Nov. 1, 19:59, very close to the start of the ranking period on Nov. 2, 5:00. It's no surprise that it would jump so many places.
– "Urotander" is always an aberrant, garnering loads of comments – but it in fact scored fewer points this week than last, only increasing its rank because last week was such a high-scoring period.
– "Luka Luka Night Fever" and "Double Lariat" have probably seen bumps this week because "Just Be Friends" got its millionth view this past week. The million-view celebration also explains JBF's #2 ranking this week.
I was pleasantly surprised to see "Campanella" (GUMI's song on #6) stay in the Top 10. I thought it would have dropped, since it didn't take a lot of points last week (relatively), but it's good to see that it's held so steadily. She's still lacking a #1 ranking, and I hope we don't have to wait until the 1-year anniversary to see it. On a side note, a lot of the commenters seemed to be apprehensive when they saw JBF in 2nd, out of fear of what was going to follow in the top spot – only to breathe a sign of relief once the top rank was revealed. I guess it snuck up on everyone!
Oh… I had forgotten about samfree… He might be Crypton's next Vocaloid as well. He fits all the hints as well. With his songs jumping up in the rankings it might be an indication that some type of information leaked.
Oh, that's totally true! I didn't even realize about JBF until you mentioned it. Does this mean next week 結ンデ開イテ（ｒｙ is going to be in the top three again? That'd be fine by me too. 😀
Wait, where's R-18? I'm using RSS from monomonobox? =/ I don't get it.
R-18 was uploaded on November 9 at 05:02:36 AM (Japan Time). The ranking, on the other hand, recorded the points of a song from November 2 at 05:00:00 AM to November 9 at 05:00:00 AM. It's really, to make R-18 receive the most points it can possibly have in a week, so that it'll score high in the next weekly ranking. See how it's uploaded right after 5 AM? ^_^
Aaaaaaah. How sly. But smart. =D
It IS cosMo we're talking about. Well, the next ranking would be interesting – とくＰ uploaded a new song as well and I want to know how well will it do in the ranking. =/
Miki? Furukawa Miki? That Christmas VOCALOID?
Yep, that Christmas Vocaloid. I can never stop thinking about either CLANNAD or THE [email protected] whenever I heard her name. :S
hmm.. Luka Luka Night fever probabaly returned to the rankings due to someone making a good cover to the the song w/c became really popular, it's included in the [email protected] GENERATION ALBUM.
I think the same thing happened to "Palette" when somebody made a very good cover for it (I think it's hana) it returned in the rankings.