As you all prolly know by now, the Vocaforums have been missing for almost a week now. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem for me, but unfortunately the forums also hold my generic template for making these ranking review articles (which I simple copy-and-paste for convenience). Now watch as I struggle to rewrite everything from scratch! Actually, you guys wouldn’t be able to watch… but trust me, I AM agonizing over this. If there are any noticable changes in the format from the past WVR articles, blame it all on my bad memory. orz
NOTES: History: Red = DK, Green = DT, Blue = JM, Purple = dez
- #30: 初音ミクオリジナル 冬のさくら。 (Up from 130) – First strike!!! Artillery volley outta nowhere! A jump of a hundred places in ranking? Wow…
- #29: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「ワールドイズマイン」 (Up from 41) – Looks like WIM is back… Well, I guess it’s “Welcome Back!” to one of the regular songs in the rankings?
- #28: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (Up from 29) – This is up and 「愛 think so」 is down? Is this some kind of twisted karma or what?
- #27: 【HOMECOMING】初音ミクがホラーゲーを実況プレイするようです【MMD】 (Down from 15) – <no comment>
- #26: 【オリジナル曲】雨降る街にて風船は悪魔と踊る【初音ミク】 (Down from 11) – My theory is this would do a lot better if it had a cute PV to go with it.
- #25: 「卑怯戦隊うろたんだー」をKAITO,MEIKO,初音ミクにry【オリジナル】修正版 (Up from 28) – Oh lord, why is this coming back…!? It was already sleeping peacefully away from the rankings!
- #24: 【初音ミク】1925【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 36) – <no comment>
- #23: 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失（LONG VERSION）」 (Up from 32) – <no comment>
- #22: 初音ミクのちょっとアレな曲14 脱げばいいってモンじゃない！ -Full ver.- (Down from 8) – Well, you win some, you lose some…
- #21: 巡音ルカ「ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー」【オリジナル曲】 (Up from 55) – I wonder what spurred this comeback though…? It the night of the living dead (Vocaloid songs)! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! Some epic troll necromancer must be conjuring up these monstrosities (I like LukaLuka Night Fever, btw)…
- #20: 初音ミク 「DREAMA」 (NEW) – <no comment>
- #19: 【MEIKO生誕祭2009】Change me / shu-t【オリジナル】 (NEW) – shu-tP sure knows how to greet MEIKO a “Happy Birthday!” MEIKO definitely needs more love~ And shu-tP sure knows how to make MEIKO sound great.
- #18: 初音ミク 「ナイトメア☆パーティーナイト」 (Unmoved) – <no comment>
- #17: 初音ミク が オリジナル曲を歌ってくれたよ「メルト」 (Up from 20) – Oh. It… went up. Yay.
- #16: 【鏡音レン】パラジクロロベンゼン【破壊系洗脳ソング】 (Up from 19) – Oh, it went up! Yay!
- #15: 【オリジナル曲PV】Mrs.Pumpkinの滑稽な夢【初音ミク】 (Down from 13) – <no comment>
- #14: 【オリジナル曲PV】結ンデ開イテ羅刹ト骸【初音ミク】 (Up from 27) – <no comment>
- #13: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Up from 26) – <no comment>
- #12: 【巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル】 (Up from 25) – Did a landslide just occur, or is it just me?
- #11: 【初音ミクオリジナル】Bad Sweets (NEW) – <no comment>
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: アイドルマスター やよい 最強コミュ ぷちミクVer (#46 – NEW) – …Chibi Miku-san + Eroge game format = DO NOT WANT. Somehow, the “moe”-talk just makes it all the more creepy… It’s not really eroge, it’s Idolm@ster, which is about as eroge as… uh. Never mind. Anyway, I thought it was cute.
- #10: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Up from 21) – I don’t care if anyone hates me for this, but this song needs to die. I can’t stand hearing it anymore.
- #9: 【初音ミク】Es〜dirty aspiration〜【オリジナル】 (Up from 22) – Well, I am not surprised that this song has risen to the Top 10 this week. Funny story, I woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head. Took me a good hour or so to remember what it was.
- #8: 【初音ミク】おなかすいたうた リメイク版【MMD】 (Down from 3) – This song plus Hachune’s dancing really cracks me up! XD;
- #7: 【ボカロオリジナル】ドリィムメルティックハロウィン【ハロウィン】 (Up from 10) – <no comment>
- #6: 【めぐっぽいどオリジナル曲】カムパネルラ【PV】 (Down from 5) – Awww, GUMI’s slipped down a spot… Hopefully it would be a really, really slow descent. Ah, currently this song is still on my replay list. Currenty, this song is on my “must sing a cover” list. I’m almost done. :3
- #5: 【初音ミク】宇宙ラジオ【PV付オリジナル←】 (NEW) – This sounds a lot like “Outer Space” by Freezepop. Not that that’s a bad thing; I really like it.
- #4: [初音ミク] ダミーダミー [オリジナル曲] (NEW) – Sounds awesome to me, and it seems like DECO*27 has been uploading a new song almost every month now. 「愛 think so」 drops off the ranking and this is what we get instead? …I am disappoint.
- #3: 【初音ミク】 鎖の少女 【オリジナル】 (Down from 1) – This song was stuck in my head all day at work yesterday…
- #2: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Up from 14) – Even since I saw Kimi ni Todoke, it reminds me of this song for some strange reason. Well, I am sure you are not the only one who feels that way. The art style might be why; it does look like it. My question is why the sudden surge in popularity? Not that I’m complaining…
- #1: 【初音ミク(40㍍)】 キミボシ 【オリジナル (Previously Unranked) – What the-!? Where did song come from!? It sounds really old… like I’ve heard it before. Hmm… a peaceful sounding Miku song with a smooth melody. Me likes. =3 Nice, but not amazing… I’d rather have Chain Girl be number one again. =/
- ED Song: 【巡音ルカ】LOVE symphony【オリジナル】 – This sounded a lot like Miku to me, so I was shocked when I saw it was Luka at the end. Good song, though.
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
“It’s true that there’s a completely new vocaloid made by Yamaha, the rumored “Vocaloid2 SF-A2 miki”, and the vocaloid is being put out by AHS (AH-Software)… the information is complicated. An announcement will be made on November 13th at ASCii.jp.
We have more news! There’s also an event this week. A Vocaloid-only event, “The Voc@loid M@ster 10”, in the display hall on the second floor of the Ikebukuro Sunshine City cultural center on November 15th.
((Now I’m not entirely sure on the translation on the first part, so if anyone has any corrections, I’m completely open to them. Long story short is we’ll most likely be getting some more information about “miki” very soon.)) ^_^
Final Thoughts: Truly, there is some epic troll messing with the flaws of the ranking system. I can’t really go into details about it, but I think it’s a rebellious response to what happened to MELTDOWN. The system desperately needs to be tweaked more. A little bit of Heuristics goes a long way for these types of rankings. On the brighter side, I find it funny that くるみ☆ぽんちお was excluded from the ranks (for obvious reasons) even though it was at the top of the NND weekly rankings.