Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #119 – “Silent Waters”
Vocaloid NND Weekly Ranking: LINK HERE
Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #118 “Unselected”: LINK HERE
Vocaloid Producer Ranking 2009: LINK HERE
I really have nothing else to say since I’ve been busy with personal issues since last week. All I can say is, 2010 is a really bad start for me. Well I have buckets to say. This week is the start of the 2010 VocaRan season, and boy are there changes. First off, everything got a makeover, including Naho (I think. My eyes are going on me xD ) and the MyList score has “graduated” to modification status. Gone is the flat 20x modifier. Now it’s based on the percentage of view(er)s who MyListed the song that week. For more, here’s dez.
Thank you and hello everyone! Your friendly neighborhood death tiger here to explain the new totaling system (hinted at in previous rankings).
First of all, this is what the screen actually says:
Points: views + (comments*A) + (mylists*B)
A = (views+mylists)/(views+comments+mylists)
B = ([mylists/views]*100)*2 , otherwise 40
Now, what does this mean? Well, the comments modifier is staying the same, but now the mylist amount has a modifier as well. For those of you who don’t speak math, it’s basically double the percentage according to the views. So, the higher the ratio of views to mylists, the more points for “B”. “Otherwise it’s 40” threw me off at first, but I believe 40 is a cap on the points that B can get (i.e. it can’t go above 40).
The mylists modifier can be seen on the screen next to the word “mylist”, just like the comments modifier. Exciting, huh? (^-^)
Thanks for that. Confused? Want to see it in action? Well click the jump and let’s see how it all shakes out!
-Editors: Crimson = DK, DarkGreen = DT, DarkBlue = JM, Violet = dez, Orange = red2, Olive = Tari
-Song Stats: Rank Up, Rank Down, Unmoved, Previously Unranked, NEW
NAHO’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Good morning everyone. It’s time for the first VocaRan of 2010.
This time, we changed the calculation method to qualify for the ranking for you.
Hurry and go watch it!
- #30: 【巡音ルカ】円尾坂の仕立屋【和風物語風オリジナル】 (Up from 38) – Hmm… I think I might know why this is back up…
- #29: 【GUMI・鏡音リン】Starry☆Rocket【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I detect a fight to the death :3 Nah, I think it’s a harem end. Like that one end in School D–*shot*
- #28: 【オリジナル曲PV】結ンデ開イテ羅刹ト骸【初音ミク】 (Down from 25) – <no comment>
- #27: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (Down from 19) – <no comment>
- #26: 巡音ルカ「ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー」【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 18) – <no comment>
- #25: 「ロミオとシンデレラ」 オリジナル曲 vo.初音ミク (Down from 20) – You’ll note that a lot of the older songs will recieve lower B-mods than newer ones. This will be explained at a later date along with all the other stuff I’ve been teasing in these things.
- #24: magnet【初音ミク・巡音ルカオリジナル】 (Down from 17) – <no comment>
- #23: 【初音ミク】1925【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 15) – <no comment>
- #22: 【PV付きオリジナル曲】Shade Slide【鏡音リン】 (Down from 5) – <no comment>
- #21: 初音ミクがオリジナルを歌ってくれたよ「ブラック★ロックシューター」 (Up from 31) – <no comment>
- #20: 【鏡音レン】パラジクロロベンゼン【破壊系洗脳ソング】 (Up from 28) – Everybody samba
- #19: 【巡音ルカ】ダブルラリアット【オリジナル】 (Down from 16) – <no comment>
- #18: 【初音ミク】ワーミー・アナーキー【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 10) – <no comment>
- #17: 【鏡音リン】破滅の予感とエクスタシー【巡音ルカオリジナル曲】 (Down from 14) – <no comment>
- #16: 鏡音リンレン が アフレコに初挑戦！ (Down from 12) – I still find this adorable and hilarious.
- #15: 【初音ミク】モンシロチョウ【オリジナル】 (NEW) – <no comment>
- #14: 【初音ミク】切裂サチコは夜長に笑う【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – D’awwww
- #13: 【MEIKO】七つの鐘【オリジナル】 (NEW) – <no comment>
- #12: 【鏡音リン･レン】鏡音八八花合戦【歌舞伎パンク・PV付き】 (Down from 3) – <no comment>
- #11: 【初音ミク】Unfragment【オリジナル】 (Down from 1) – Well that was one hell of a drop. Un-adjusting the MyList score only adds 8800 points, so :/
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【MEIKO】 NOISE 【みじぴんP/オリジナル曲】 (#46 – NEW) – Even more Meiko! x3
- #10: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (Up from 11) – The more things change… =w= It’s just that successful.
- #9: 【巡音ルカ】ミラクルたゆん【オリジナル】 (Unmoved) – <no comment>
- #8: 初音ミク ペケ印 ＰＶ (NEW) – I think my brain just pulled something I was wondering why this was so catchy… then I looked at the P name. X3
- #7: 【初音ミク】マリオネットシンドローム【オリジナル曲PV付】 (Down from 2) – <no comment>
- #6: 【初音ミク】文学少年の憂鬱(Ver.2)【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Another high-pitched Miku song
- #5: 【ボカロ妹連盟】 御兄誘拐 【替え歌PV】 (Down from 4) – Put that away >:
- #4: 【初音ミク】Blue【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Interesting (to me at least), under the old system this would be number two and ソラトバズ would be number four.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – Ah, reminiscing. Times were so much simpler, then :3
- #3: 【鏡音リン】 ソラトバズ 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – I think this song is cheep. *is shot* ‘I CAN’T FRY’ still cracks me up. I understand it’s an R for Rin, but do you realize how silly it sounds? 😛
- #2: 【鏡音リン】空想パレット【オリジナル曲PV付】 (NEW) – Catchy. Also, イケリン. 😀
- #1: 【弱音ハク】白ノ娘【中世物語風オリジナル】 (NEW) – Called it! :3 A rare Miku-free top 3 (shush with your “but”s)
- ED Song: 鏡音リン オリジナル曲『Falling Rainbow』 – <no comment>
IN OTHER VOCALOID NEWS:
As you saw, this time the mylist calculation was taken into consideration, but it still made a smooth transition. Welcome to this year’s VocaRan!
An interesting opening week, to say the least. I think the rule change is a little meh, but it’s not my railroad to run.
I love the new system. I think it’ll be a little weird at first, but I honestly think it’s a lot better than the old one. Cheers all around!
Heyo, sorry about my hiatus last week. It’s been a rough January for me too. I’m excited about this new ranking system, however it worries me that the modifier cap is at 40. Seeing how Mylists STILL get ridiculous amounts, I’m concerned about that modifier going higher than necessary. Also, for those who think the “Past Points” field is all-knowing, ignore it for this first round of the new system. They did not convert the points using the new modifier, so it’s inaccurate for this week. I’ll be posting a lecture later on analyzing the effects of the new system, and why the system of 2009 didn’t work right.
In any case, on with a few of the numbers. We lost 5 tracked on the countdown: Pretty Fundoshi, MMRN, Celebration, Electric Love, and Kotatsu. They all fell below the 100 rank and so, they retire from my tracker until they break the top 30 again. Transfer Robot Miku just squeaked by at 100th place. I’m surprised and saddened that this song tanked so quickly. The new modifier is too new for me to call what the effects will be for next week, so I won’t comment on that other than saying I will be paying attention. In the meantime, I have some graphs to work out. Please excuse me.
14 thoughts on “Weekly Vocaloid Ranking #119 – “Silent Waters””
The source of the image is ユウノ from Pixiv.
Oh, and also knew that the 1st place got a lot of views, but I didn't think it would make #1, though, technically it's still Miku's voice. I haven't seen a fanmade make the top too.
I LIKE THE NEW LAYOUT. Much more specific :3
I thought SuzukiP's song could've done better. I also love #13! That producer hasn't gotten on for a while. still glad Unfragment stayed. I like #29, Rin and Gumi still make a nice duet :3 Oh and Rin is back with other glasses for #2, I like the rock style.
That's about it, :/
Actually, IIRC, "(somethingsomething) Tsumanne" by OwataP got in the top 3 before (it was a Yowane Haku song too). Can't recall Neru ever topping the rankings, though. Then again, I don't like Neru, so I don't pay attention to her. =D
Neru was part of Triple Baka and Honey, if that means anything.
And I said “shush” 😛
I didn't think there was really anything wrong with the old system, but I think I like the new system already, since it gives new songs a better chance to hit the Top 30. Normally, a new song will get about 1/10th the MyLists as it gets Views, so its point score will stay approximately the same as under the old ranking. Meanwhile, the long-runners tend to get a smaller MyList ratio, so they'll see point drops of around 10,000, allowing more new songs to move in.
Well, that's how it's supposed to work theoretically, but interestingly the majority of the lower half of the top 30 this week were not new songs. I guess there weren't a lot of new releases this week, or at the very least, not enough to get to the ranking under the old standard!
It kinda depends on your idea of wrong though. Yes the old system worked fine, but it was exploitable, as was shown with meltdown and it's dummy account mylist fiasco. I've also seen a video with around 800,000 views beating out songs with over 1,000,000 views due to the old x50 modifier on a yearly ranking video.
I think I read that the same sort of thing happened around the early times of the ranking when comments didn't have a multiplier. People spammed the comment box to boost song popularity, and the multiplier was introduced to counter that.
I like the addition of the previous week's score and percentage gain/loss. Makes it easier to tell how well the song itself did. Although it's kinda sad seeing something like -80% for a former top 3 song.
I'm rather confused as to why BRS and Paradichlorobenzene rose… BRS had half the old mylist multiplier and still gained almost 10%. PDB actually lost 5% and still jumped 8 places. Is it just the removal of some of the older songs due to the new multiplier? My ranking spreadsheet doesn't like my mac, so I can't really check… >_<;;
I like the new system now…more basis on mylists is good…
…Now if I could figure out how to work the mylist properly…I think I've mylisted, like, two songs? I can read a good amount Japanese, but I accidentally switched to advanced viewer now and I can't figure out how to go back. Everything's confusing.
…And I forgot to add, but…
It's great to have an addition to the Aku-no series.
Nice to see a Haku song in the weekly ranking but as #1 it’s even better, it just seems she’s not recognized well enough.
It’s not that she’s some obscure Vocaloid, but nobody deliberately sets Miku to go into Haku-mode and expects to make good songs with it.
I loled at everyone's reaction to the plastic surgery'd Naho. Someone even jokingly asked if it was Luka.
I urge everyone to listen Blue which is #4 on the list. It IS good.
Then also you can continue on with ゆよゆっぺ's other works~
On NND it's listed as #3. Just thought I'd say. =X