Well, here we are at week two of ‘project get more people to care about UTAU through blog posts’– er, I mean, the Weekly UTAU Ranking. First, one note: since the UtaRan and the VocaRan are normally uploaded at around the same time, to avoid messy overlap, UtaRan posts will always be made on sometime on Tuesday (EST). Today it was later than it should have been, but we’re still working out the kinks and trying to find our groove.
The title is a pun in two ways: we’re still working on getting our “article-posting” in shape, and the latest prank UTAUloid, Namine Ritsu, got an append! Ritsu’s “strong” voice is proving to be pretty popular so far. Wonder how the new version of Ritsu will do in the rankings? Read on to find out!
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt, GreenSage
-Song Stats: Rank Up, Rank Down, Unmoved, Previously Unranked, NEW
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait! It’s time for this week’s UTAU Ranking.
Up until now, we’ve covered things like birthdays in our sections. We want to give you proper information, but it’s difficult. We’ll do it like before for this time, but in the future information except for new voice banks or important announcements, information will be on the uploader’s blog.
For this and other changes, thank you for bearing with us.
- OP Song: 【ももねもも】なみだうた【おりじなる】 – Softie. For some reason the opening line gets to me… it sounds so wistful.
- #20: 【重音テト】モノクロ【オリジナル曲】 (Down from 11) – Surprised to see this didn’t go lower than 20. I still like the melody of this tune.
- #19: 【UTAU】 Song of WING（紙芝居PV付） 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (Up from 29) – Huh, it went up? That’s what the “pick up” is for, after all. I’m not too crazy about the song itself, though.
- #18: 【重音テッド】Pane dhiria【KAIKO】 (NEW) – The classic genderbender move. Already so many covers… It’s a cool song and all, but damn.
- #17: 【UTAU童謡】 ライぶらり旅(第貮版)～鐵道唱歌前篇～ 【UTAUオールスター】 (NEW) – A continuation of last week’s video that placed 17? Weird..Maybe a refresh of our memories about these voices.
- #16: 【ルコxリツxテト】 ieee【オリジナル】 (NEW) – I like this trio too. Their voices blend in nice.
- #15: Hello, world! (NEW) – Weird song. Wish I knew what it was about.
- #14: 【重音テト】重音テトのヤッターマンのうた【UTAU連続音】 (NEW) – Sounds epic, yet hilarious! Yatterman~ ah, nostalgia attack~
- #13: 【穂歌ソラ】追憶【UTAUオリジナル】 (Down from 6) – Yay! It didn’t drop that much! But it still fell. ;_;
- #12: 【UTAU】和音マコ：オリジナル曲：デリュージョン・ガール (NEW) – My gosh this is such a pleasant song! Mako sounds realistic and can hold long notes very well here.
- #11: 【波音リツ／”強”連続音】鳥の詩【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – Good cover.
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS:
- 【蟹音ぱん。連続音】咲かない夢【UTAUオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – <no comment>
- 【UTAU】オリジナル曲「春歌終灯」【春歌ナナ】 (NEW) – Sounds very colorful and cute to me. Should have placed higher, it was her birthday after all. I know, right? This is a nice song, too…
- 【紫苑ヨワ】うｐぬしのつぶやき【UTAU・オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Cute original. …I guess she does have a nice voice, even if she’s a bit of a Yufu-clone.
- 【UTAU/有屋ギィ】おんなじ (NEW) – Very classical.
- 【ＵＴＡＵ】 Y=I,td…I=Y,dslk.【根音ネネ】 (NEW) – Distorted song, but with a good reason. Very mysterious character, hope to know more of her. The title… the music… what is this I don’t even…
- #10: 【重音テト】Go to UTAU paradise【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Rock out Teto!
- #9: 【波音リツ／”強”連続音】only my railgun【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – Man, Ritsu is really good at anime openings! I think people are just really experienced at making UTAU sing anime openings (Yukkuri notwithstanding).
- #8: 【MMD】別に遅刻したから悔しいんじゃないからﾈｯ【杯に間に合わない】 (NEW) – Cute nendoroid models rule any day! …Am I hearing things? Is that The Offspring??
- #7: ゆっくりが歌う『LEVEL5-Judgelight-』【とある科学の超電磁砲OP2】 (Down from 4) – Still there? …Yep.
- #6: 【波音リツ“強”連続音音源】twinkle【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – Lovely and spunky original. I enjoy it lots. Finally, some more Ritsu originals. Was beginning to think his voicebank was just going to be used for covers (good covers, but still).
- #5: 【波音リツ／”強”連続音】Bad Apple!!【UTAUカバー】 (NEW) – Deja vu much?
- #4: 【UTAU】UTAU三人娘で「エレクトロワールド」【MMD】 (Up from 5) – Woo! It stayed. Whoo! It went up! 8D
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: – Yay! 2 Nana videos! Very cute and I like the epic song #4. Wow, Popipo has been there a while.
- #3: 【UTAU】Pane dhiria【重音テト】 (NEW) – Pulled it off. Sounds pretty good, actually.
- #2: 初音ミク×雪歌ユフ／向こう（オリジナル） (Unmoved) – I’m happy to see this song stay, very good. Still wish Yufu had a bigger role in the song itself, but it’s still a great song. Yufu and Append Miku’s voices sound really good together.
- #1: 【UTAU】波音リツ” 強”連続音配布／ラビリンス（鏡音リン曲カバー） (NEW) – Sounds more solid and louder. Accomplished task, song very much liked. I like the makeover I suppose. Ritsu’s “strong” append proves to be a success! Now, where’s the soft, dark, cute, etc.?
- ED Song: 【UTAU雪歌ユフ】ぽかぽか【オリジナル曲】 – Relaxing.
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s this week’s information corner. First is existing voicebank news. This week we have appends, new releases, updates…
Like before, see their respective videos.
It seems that this week, Namine Ritsu and Kasane Teto dominated the rankings. I was looking forward for Eiichi to make it to the 20’s, but I’m glad Mako did. Haruka Nana should have had more videos. I’m glad that Sora’s original still stayed, considering that doesn’t happen too often. I wonder what’s in store for Defoko’s birthday and Valentine’s day though… Needs more group songs I think…
You’re not the only one who was looking for some Eiichi. C’mon people, where’s the love for A1?
Also, I’d like to formally apologize for leaving out the “new UTAU” section, even though someone DID request it. I promise it will be covered in the future. m(_ _)m