Well looks like there haven’t been any huge hits in the UTAU world recently… still, if the trend from last week (overall points being higher) keeps up, I’ll be a happy death tiger. If the average of points keeps rising, it’s also a sign of rising popularity, right? Right?
So even with school, my part-time job, and even my friends, none of it matters, in the end, just throw it all aw– no wait, that’s not right. Rather, even with all of this going on all at once in our lives, we here at the UtaRan are determined to hang in there. However, with that having been said, I must inform you that the translations will not necessarily be part of the article as soon as it’s published– school has to come first right now, and we don’t want the cuddly neighborhood death tiger living in a cardboard box under a bridge because she flunked out of college, do we? D: In the same way, comments will be added to the article later, just like the VocaRan articles. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience the lack of our opinions might cause you. D:
But as for now, we present week 70 of the Weekly UTAU Ranking. Onward to victory!
NAMI’s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait. It’s time for this week’s UtaRan.
It’s finally starting to warm up, huh. This season is the season of hellos and goodbyes.
This season is also approaching the start of the new school year, making it a very important time. I think that this means there are a lot of things that people won’t have time to do.
As the Weekly UTAU Ranking moves toward a new year, we are aiming for a new system and are taking applications for new staff members. I think this might cause a ruckus… please bear with us.
When everyone here is comfortable with UTAU is when the 2010 term will really begin, I think.♪
-Editors: deztora, chibikarla, Aster Selene, Holocauxt
-Song Stats: Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Unmoved, Unranked, NEW
- OP: 【蒼音タヤ】高天が歌【UTAUオリジナル曲】 – Eh kinda flat. By the looks of the previews we will see more of the Hamachi Meme this week. I gotta get off my butt and finish my UTAU’s Toeto…
WEEKLY RANKING PART 1
- #20: 【UTAU】あきら様の声を抽出してみた（テスト） (Down from 10) – Ronald, Miku, Teto, and Akira…um…okay. Look, I don’t know what was so popular about the video, but admittedly it did drop 10 slots.
- #19: 【UTAU】 B.D. 【重音テトオリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Whoa high pitch Teto. It’s not like you.
- #18: 【雪歌ユフ】雪華-ユキハナ-【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Yufu…is staring…at me. Like that. –backs away- I think the picture really fits the lyrics though. Yandere!Yufu FTW.
- #17: 鈴音アリカオリジナル曲『トリップ・トリップ』 (Down from 5) – Arika is back!
- #16: 【UTAU】「モモの日」の動画2010【三人娘】 (Down from 2) –
THIS IS NOT A LEGAL VIDEOHush you. I think since a good amount of it is Teto’s “singing” it’s perfectly fine here.
- #15: 【重音テト】迷走ジェット【オリジナル】 (NEW) – Suddenly, I had this image of all of the other UTAU bundled together all clutching onto one rope tied to one plane. Yeah, I’m evil. Whoa, the Pop’n feel is strong with this.
- #14: 穂歌ソラによる五輪クワド組賛歌【鬼畜クワド】※修正版 (NEW) – The UTAUlympics? …Hm.
- #13: 【天音ルナ】 オリジナル曲 『アーミラリ・スフィア』 【MMD】 (Down from 3) – Huge drop. Oh well…I still salute this pwnsome song. Epic song is epic, and I’ll be sad to see it go.
- #12: 【型破ルト＆穂歌ソラ】magnet【カバー】 (NEW) – Ruto and Sora, eh…? Is this like the default duet song nowadays? I don’t even like it that much. Yum. Hotness anyone? (The fastest way to get me to like something again is to somehow incorporate BL. It’s relatively easy in this instance though…)
- #11: 【UTAUカバー】Alice（PVもどき付）【あえて旧型デフォ子】 (NEW) – I want brain bleach for that PV. NOW.
THIS WEEK’S PICK-UPS
- #25: 【重音テト】 Perfect World 【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – …eh pretty boring song. Eh, I kinda like it.
- #29: 【UTAUオリジナル】わかれ歌【楓歌コト・翔歌トリ】 (NEW) – An interesting pair. Were they together as a package? AFAIK, no. But they do go well together.
- #30: 【桃音モモ】スケッチブック【UTAUオリジナル】 (NEW) – I can barely even hear Momo. いい感じ!
- #50: 【白鐘ヒヨリ 重音テト】薄紅色【２つめにつくったうた】 (NEW) – …Seriously, AVTechNO does it badly enough. Suddenly all of the fangirls flubbing up their Japanese doesn’t look as bad. But we have Hiyori back! Yay!
- #60: 【重音テト】 虹色コントレイル 【オリジナル曲】 ～修正版～ (NEW) – Judgment on this song suspended until someone translates it, which is probably like never. Oh, I like the feel of this one. I might translate it someday (read: never)…
- #7: 【MMD】しまぱんテトさんでブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ【重音テト】 – What is it with the Hamachi Meme? Wow, still here. Gotta respect the panchira.
- #6: 【MMD】桃音モモで『We are POP☆CANDY!』 – Momo doesn’t do very well with this song; her voice is too strong for it. There needs to be an attack on “pop”. モモかわいいよモモ!
- #5: 【トークロイド】ボーカロイドたちの日常26『ミクと家族の絆』 – Teto, what are you doing to Gumi?!?
- #4: 【MMD】ねんどろテトさんでブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ【重音テト】 – That loaf of bread is oddly tiny.
- #3: 【MMD】驫麤～例の3人でとりぷるばか～shortver – What the hell is this a parody of and why must it scar my eyes? *headdesk*
- #2: 【鏡音レン】オリジナル曲「春慕えど君遠く」【歌造ツバメ・鵞鳴建】 – This is honestly more of a Len song than an UTAU song. Hence why it’s in the extra ranking…?
- #1: 【テニミュ】最終決戦見に来たよ！【KAITO】 – Ah, this is when I really get to see Teto in tsundere mode. I had a hard time seeing her as one before…weird because she sounds more yandere in this video. Kaito and Teto are a good pair. I think they’re so cute together– wait, am I supporting a pairing?! Oh n–*explodes*
WEEKLY RANKING PART 2
- #10: 【重音テト】 バンビーナ 【 vs HOTEI 】 (NEW) – That picture makes me wonder if it is possible to really have drill twin-tails. cool song bro *gets slaughtered*
- #9: 穂歌ソラによる瑞典男子賛歌【ジャンプ！スウェーデン男子】※修正版 (NEW) – More UTAUlympics. I’m… happy Sora’s here but… why not his cover of Butter-fly? D:
- #8: 【リツ＆がくぽ】 錚々と焔は詠いて 【-オリジナル-】 (Down from 1) – The song is still doing well I guess… This one fell the least. I guess people do still like it. I don’t care for it, but whatev.
- #7: 【穂歌ソラ・和音マコ】雪解けサンセット【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Sora and Mako. Interesting duet. Sora could’ve been tuned better here. Can’t speak for Mako, as she’s just singing accompaniment and I can’t really tell…
- #6: 【メグメグ☆ファイアーエンドレスナイト】３姉弟で【カバー】 (NEW) – Ruko! I missed yooooou! It really has been a while for Ruko, hasn’t it? And could someone please make a better dance for this??
- #5: 春歌ナナでブリ(ﾟ∀ﾟ)ハマチ (NEW) – And now Nana does the Hamachi Meme. Hm, she sounds oddly like Teto. ナナかわいいよナナ!
- #4: 【重音テト】辞めてやるよ歌い手なんか【オリジナル】 (NEW) – What is the point of that animation?
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: Teto in weird poses, Teto covered in dots, a chorus singing about pretty lights, Roshin Yuukai again, and Teto in a band. Must have been an interesting week.
- #3: 【UTAU】波音リツ上下装備連続音配布 (NEW) – Ritsu Roshin Yuukai again? Is this going to turn into something like the 3-Teto-Fest?
- #2: 【重音テト】閃光のカドルヴェイン【オリジナル曲】 (NEW) – Cannot read that katakana even though I’m perfectly capable of reading katakana. I want to say it’s a place name, but I’m not sure.
- #1: 【重音テト】最終鬼畜全部テト【MMDでMIDIアニメ風】 (NEW) – U.N. Owen Was Teto? (I think she’s singing the remix.) Touhou cannot be detracted from its awesomeness. What’s with the random UTAU models? It must be Flandre’s doing.
- ED: 【和音マコ連続音】My Tiny World【UTAUオリジナル】 – WTF?
THIS WEEK’S UTAU TOPIC:
Here’s the news corner. First is the new voicebanks section. But before that, an apology. Moll was introduced last week, but was for some reason overlooked. We’ll show the introductory video with this week’s new voicebanks instead.
This week there are six new voiebanks, but with Moll added there are seven. Here they are:
An interesting random week. Nothing of major interest to me; I suppose my iPod will be lonely for another week.
Article has been updated, and everything should be here. Please enjoy!
Sorry again for the wait. I won’t bore you with details, but suffice to say I hope this situation never arises again. I know not a lot of people count on us for UtaRan news since there aren’t a lot of people that care about it to begin with, but I would like to think that we can become a reliable source for UtaRan information and reviews for when people decide that they do care. I promise I’ll do my best to continue bringing you the coverage of the UTAU front. まかせてにゃ～★
Now, about the ranking. Teto’s reclained her throne, but other UTAU are still managing to pop up and survive. If I could talk about Nana for a minute: the meme that Nana covered is really the perfect kind of song for her to sing, and if there were more songs featuring her like this, I think she would be more popular among UTAU users. Her voice can easily be annoying, but it can also sound cute and realistic when used right. Nana’s sort of a favorite of mine if only because she’s so out there, so… pink, so… filled to the brim with cuteness. It’s endearing, I guess. So. Don’t be hatin’ on Nana. That’s all.
Tune in next week for more UtaRan coverage, and maybe… a surprise…? :O