Welp, it finally happened: I burned myself out from work and now I’m too tired to stay up to watch this week’s WVR. I’ll just hand the rest of the editing to the other staff. I’ll try to make up to you guys next week… or whenever SP5 pops up. Oh, and somebody bring me Crofesima’s resume for reviewing… some tasty hirings may be in order.
About the rankings this week, it’s a no-brainer that wowaka‘s awesome World’s End Dancehall will land on the Top-1 spot.
Naho’s Opening Statement:
Everyone, good evening. It’s time for this week’s VocaRan.
After last week’s VocaRan, the space probe “Akatsuki” safely launched into space! Congratulations!
Meanwhile, a lot of other big things happening this week… And a record being broken as well. Well, the true essence of it is… what is it, I wonder?
Well then let’s begin; here’s this week’s powerful ranking. Let’s start from thirty as usual.
-Editors: Holocauxt, DTKel, Joe Mello, deztora, rebecca, redemtion2, GreenSage
-Song Stats: Up (↑), Down (↓), Unmoved (→), Unranked (–), New (!!)
- #30: 【鏡音レン】 7番目の僕【オリジナル】 (↓7)
- #29: 【初音ミク】 え？あぁ、そう。 【オリジナル曲】 (↑91)
- #28: 【初音ミク】outro 【オリジナル】 (↑68)
The pickup actually picked up!
- #27: 【初音ミク】偽りの果実90％【オリジナル曲】 (–)
Am I the only one that wants to hear this sung by TM Revolution?
- #26: 【初音ミク&Append 全員集合】daybreak～append of new world～【オリジナル】 (–)
- #25: 【鏡音リン】メランコリック【オリジナルPV付】 (↓17)
- #24: 【初音ミク】1925【オリジナル曲】 (↑30)
- #23: 【巡音ルカ】a balance【オリジナル】 (↓8)
- #22: 【初音ミク】指切り【オリジナル曲PV付】 (↓9)
- #21: [初音ミクAppend オリジナル曲] 五月少女 (↓12)
Why can’t millstones ever score well? His stuff’s great!
- #20: 【初音ミク(とく)】ARiA【オリジナル曲PV】 (↓11)
- #19: 初音ミクAPPEND － ラセンナワタシ (↑31)
- #18: 【初音ミク】 love.Game 【オリジナル曲】 (ED)
HUH?! That’s a first!
- #17: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「裏表ラバーズ」 (↑23)
- #16: 【巡音ルカ】Just Be Friends【オリジナルPV】 (↑18)
5 percent from comments alone.
- #15: 初音ミク オリジナル曲 「ローリンガール」 (↓13)
- #14: 【鏡音リン】クドリャフカ【オリジナル曲】PV付 (↑29)
- #13: 【GUMI】弱虫モンブラン【オリジナル曲PV付】 (↓5)
Okay, took a hit, but we’ll see next week.
- #12: 【KAITO＋俺】夢懸歌【オリジナル】 (!!)
- #11: 【初音ミク】わんわんお にゃんにゃんお【オリジナル】 (↑19)
- THIS WEEK’S PICK-UP: 【鏡音リン】 でたらめなうた。【オリジナル】 (#59 – !!)
- #10: 【巡音ルカ】メロドラマティック (!!)
- #9: 【巡音ルカ】かくれおに【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
- #8: 【初音ミク】いくつもの夜を越えて【至高のバラードⅡ】 (!!)
- #7: 【巡音ルカ】Flightless Bird【オリジナル】 (↓1)
Does anyone else think people watched this just for barely-contained Luka?
- #6: 【GUMI】 Marygold 【オリジナルPV！】 (!!)
Was wondering when this’d show up.
- #5: 【初音ミク】 はっぴーべりーはっぴー 【オリジナル】 (!!)
- #4: 【ミク・ルカ】 Ladies First【オリジナル曲】 (!!)
Huh? An OSTER that DIDN’T make it into the top 3?
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY: (WVR #85 LINK HERE)
This spot is for a look back at the VocaRan one year before. Here are the top five songs from that week.
- H5: Holy… shit… x_X;
- H4: <no comment>
- H3: <no comment>
- H2: When 164 was still powerful.
- H1: Never understood the appeal of the Fantastic Garden series.
- #3: 初音ミク巡音ルカオリジナル曲 「Genesis」 (!!)
Now this is a true duet. Well worth the wait for a number 3, even if it did oust an OSTER.
- #2: 【初音ミク】 ロベリア / Lobelia 【オリジナル】 (!!)
Can I get some background info on this one?
- #1: 初音ミク・巡音ルカ オリジナル曲 「ワールズエンド・ダンスホール」 (!!)
A record breaking ~1.5m points! And I don’t understand the appeal whatsoever! Its just Luka and Miku singing the exact same tune simultaneously! Where’s the variation? It would be just as impactful if he just used one. Why did this get 1.5m again? Because it’s AWESOME-SAUCE!!! \o/
- ED Song: 【miki】 すきときす 【オリジナル】
Wait, it’s a Miki? I thought it was an Append made to sound like Rin.
In Other Vocaloid News:
If the big album “Vocalogenesis” released on March 19th s-somehow made it to number one on the Oricon weekly chart…! Although we can’t really do anything here, the tension is high… If it became number one… that’d be a great accomplishment!
Also, this news pertains to July, but… ryo(supercell) and kz(livetune) are releasing the DIVA2 songs “Kocchi Muite Baby/yellow” as a single. But what if… if that Oricon’s… The weekly single chart and the album chart both getting number one spots, I wonder if something like that could really happen…
On that tense note, here are the songs from 31 onward.
((Also, I didn’t exactly dissect the whole thing, but the part at the end was an apology for not uploading SP5 when it was supposed to be uploaded back in April (I think?) and the plan is now to upload SP5 in September and make it count songs in the range of the year instead (I believe?). I’ll try to actually go over it more to check and see if this is the case when I’m not feeling so bad.))
I’m normally more eloquent than this, but I’ve been in a bad place recently, so I’ll make this brief. Was wowaka’s latest song worthy of getting number one? Perhaps. That’s debatable. Was it worthy of getting so many views and mylists in such a short amount of time? Definitely not. The base of the song is still the safe little 裏表 clone, and the only great thing about this song is the chorus– both musically and the way Miku and Luka’s voices are blended (they sound really good together here). It’s not enough for them to deserve over a million points. That’s my stance.
A lot of shuffling around this week, with hardly any newcomers in the first twenty, and almost all new songs in the top ten. This was ‘prominent producer releases a new song’ week, apparently, and I had really hoped to see the top three be ジミー, OSTER and wowaka (not necessarily in that order). It got close, but… Lobelia’s popularity… I’m a bit surprised by it, since I thought the song was so-so when I listened to it the first time. And the second time. I certainly didn’t think it would trump ジミーサム and OSTER for the number two spot.
Really, this was a week for strange tastes all around, from WEDH’s bizzare and mostly undeserved popularity to Lobelia beating out Ladies First and Genesis. Although the rankings were weird, there are a lot of good new songs on it, so overall, despite the top two, I’d say this was a pretty good week.
…And so with that, we end this week’s Vocaloid Ranking review. Please join us again next week, and <Sorry. We’re closed>.