Well, this is it, the last part of this year’s UTARan Special. We’re down to the final three songs. Which ones made it to the top? Let’s find out!
NAMI‘s OPENING STATEMENT:
Sorry for the wait! It’s Part 5. This will be the last part of the UTARan SP 2011. Thanks for having watched so far!
There are only 3 songs left, but before that we’ll take a look back at what happened in the UTAU world during 2010 and 2011 until February.
– UTAU became shareware.
– UTAU’s second release anniversary.
– release of a Chinese voicebank (which marks the beginning of the creation of non-Japanese voicebanks).
– Kasane Teto’s illustrations became officially accepted on piapro (first non-Vocaloid or non-Vocaloid-related character to be accepted).
– Crypton Future Media took in charge Kasane Teto’s commercial use.
– JOYSOUND’s searches using “Kasane Teto” as the singer’s name were enabled.
– “Fukkireta” boom (original video).
“Natsu wo UTAwaseru Matsuri 2010”.
– First THE UTAU M@STER event.
– Presentation of Teto’s figure at the Wonder Festival.
– Publication of an interview of UTAU’s creator Ameya on ASCII.jp
– “Ochame Kinou” scheduled to be featured in a major CD (“EXIT TUNES PRESENTS Vocaloanthems”).
– Teto straps scheduled to be sold on NicoNico Chokuhan (along with Haku Yowane and Neru Akita straps as part of a set).
– Release of “EXIT TUNES PRESENTS Vocaloanthems.”
– Teto songs began to be distributed by KarenT.
– The total views of UTAU songs on Youtube reached 1 million.
– The Teto straps began to be sold on NicoNico Chokuhan.
– Teto songs were talked about on “Gekkayo.”
– An UTAU song reached 1 million views on NicoNico Douga (“Ochame Kinou 【Anime PV】”).
The first half of 2010 was marked by UTAU’s transition to shareware, and Teto attracted a lot of attention thanks to “Fukkireta.” During mid 2010, we obviously have to mention the opening of the first THE UTAU M@STER. It was held as part of “THE VOC@LOID M@STER,” but a lot of people who are involved in UTAU gathered for its first edition. Teto was really busy during late 2010!
– Release of UTAU’s mobile version, “UTAU@mobile.”
– Kokorone Chiyoko and her creators were featured in “The current state of the Comiket,” a special edition of the NHK show “Mag-net”.
– Beginning of the “UTAU Class” series on “Windows 100%.”
– “UTAU Uta Utane Official Illustration Contest.”
– Publication of a special article about UTAU in “NicoNico Douga no Naka no Hito Up-nushi Go-juu-nin Kurai (?) Shoukai Shite Mita.”
– Release of a document called “iPad de Sakkyoku Nyuumon” featuring an UTAU tutorial.
– Presentation of a selection of UTAU songs on “Gekkayo Vocaloid fan.”
At the beginning of 2011, we’ve seen more articles about UTAU in magazines, and it was even discussed on TV!
The second year of UTAU was a very busy one, it really got bigger. I can’t wait to see what will happen during the third year!
Well then, let’s see the 3 remaining songs. But before that I’d like to dress up a little.
Sorry for the wait. Let’s start from number 3! I wonder what song it will be!
☆NUMBER THREE – 375,639 points☆
Song: “Nana Nana★Fever Miracle Tonight”
UTALOID: Mitana Nana
NAMI‘s Comments: The number 3 was SAM(samfree)’s song “Nana Nana★Fever Miracle Tonight,” featuring Mitani Nana. What a punchy debut for an April Fool’s joke w
Bunny‘s Comments: Wow, I had no idea that this video had so many views! Congrats SAM! Now if we can just get more people to use Nana….
Well then, let’s see number 2! What will it be?
☆NUMBER TWO – 454,381 points☆
NAMI‘s Comments: The number 2 was TsuburayaP’s “Teto Toramantarou”. It was already number 1 in the HANASU ranking, and now it’s number 2 in the main ranking. I think we can say it’s an important work both in the MMD and the UTAU worlds.
Bunny‘s Comments: Okay, this one just made me LOL, but it really is great MMD work. Someone I missed this when it was originally uploaded.
Well then, it’s time for the final song. I wonder what this year’s number one will be!
☆NUMBER ONE – 568,138 points☆
Song: “Electric Angel (Kotsuban-P Ver)”
UTALOID: Kasane Teto
NAMI‘s Comments: The number 1 was Murata-P’s cover of “Electric Angel (Kotsuban-P Ver),” featuring Kasane Teto. Congratulations! This cover really makes you realize Teto’s and UTAU’s potential, doesn’t it?
Bunny‘s Comments: Kind of a shame that a cover grabbed the number one spot and not an original, but at least it’s one of THE best covers of the past year. Teto is tuned beautifully.
NAMI‘s ENDING NOTES:
And that’s it for this UTARan Special! We’ll conclude it with songs until number 1,000, so look for your favorite ones!
That’s it folks, all top 100 songs of the past year! So, what did you think? Are you happy with the list or do you feel certain songs should have been higher? If you think so, then the best way to help is to share the videos with as many people as possible. I, for one, was very happy by the presence of a few of my favorite songs on the top list.
We only saw the top 100 songs but there’s so many great ones left in the lower numbers that you should take the time to check some of them out. Let’s use this opportunity to spam me with lots of Reader’s Pick!!